What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

last night after going out to dinner with my wife we stopped off at target to pick up wrapping paper and some other non-lego junk.

as we strolled by the lego section i spy an endcap of 20 or so target minifigure packs - scan at $15.  put 6 in cart to wife's dismay.

"you already ordered 12 of those yesterday online"

"yes honey, but time is of the essence."

eyes rolled, nose in air, slight scowl.

listed a lot of 6 for $159 bin free shipping before bed, wake up and it has sold.

made $38.36 on the flip after fees, taxes, shipping.

told her she can take that out of paypal account and that we bought her dad's xmas gift with the flip.

point. set. match.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 8

Just sold another 3 calendars in the space of an hour off Criagslist. They're all gone. I've had more sales from there today than I usually have in a month. And I didn't even change my ads. I got a very lovely email from one mom who had already bought Friends calendars for her girls and then had a very upset little boy without a calendar for himself. Apparently I "saved Christmas". I'm having an Ebenezer Scrooge Christmas morning moment here. 

So I had held one 2012 Darth Maul Star Wars advent calendar for myself and then I see yesterday on Facebook my cousin posting that she's trying to find this year's Star Wars lego calendar with Darth Vader Santa and the cheapest she can find it is $140 on Amazon. I sat there for a minute having one of those moments where the angel and devil on my shoulder argue for a bit and then I felt my hand move to type that I could sell her mine for $40. While the angel was doing its victory lap, the devil was counting the $20 profit I made. Win-win?

Edited by jeff_14

So I had held one Darth Maul Star Wars advent calendar for myself and then I see yesterday on Facebook my cousin posting that she's trying to find this year's Star Wars lego calendar and the cheapest she can find it is $140 on Amazon. I sat there for a minute having one of those moments where the angel and devil on my shoulder argue for a bit and then I felt my hand move to type that I could sell her mine for $40. While the angel was doing its victory lap, the devil was counting the $20 profit I made. Win-win?

Which one you are taking about when you say $140? this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007455XDS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

or it's way different in Canada?

in the middle of this craziness that is today I sold:

Cargo Train : $275

Santa Workshop : $189.9

Homing Spider : $46 x2

I didn't realize Homing Spider Droid had shot up so quickly...glad I jumped on the FBA deal a few weeks back when these were going for $17.50.

last night after going out to dinner with my wife we stopped off at target to pick up wrapping paper and some other non-lego junk.

as we strolled by the lego section i spy an endcap of 20 or so target minifigure packs - scan at $15. put 6 in cart to wife's dismay.

"you already ordered 12 of those yesterday online"

"yes honey, but time is of the essence."

eyes rolled, nose in air, slight scowl.

listed a lot of 6 for $159 bin free shipping before bed, wake up and it has sold.

made $38.36 on the flip after fees, taxes, shipping.

told her she can take that out of paypal account and that we bought her dad's xmas gift with the flip.

point. set. match.

I like your style. This should be posted in the thread for getting spouses on board. Bravo on a job well done my friend!