9496 - Desert Skiff

M4x18

The Desert Skiff is all of 2013. And Lego does not always put retiring soon on there sets, last year the Black Pearl, Queen Revenge just had sold out, The Remote AT AT from a few years ago just went away. The harry Potter Castle did not have retiring soon either.

The Desert Skiff is all of 2013. And Lego does not always put retiring soon on there sets, last year the Black Pearl, Queen Revenge just had sold out, The Remote AT AT from a few years ago just went away. The harry Potter Castle did not have retiring soon either.

Yeah, their "retiring soon" labels are not very consistent, that's for sure.  Either do it all the time or ditch them, Lego...

• 2 months later...

Tied for the lowest price ever on Amazon. For the few of us who don't get tax on Amazon, it beats Target, who has Amazon has price matched.

BrickPicker affiliate link: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Desert-Skiff/dp/B007Q0OUTY%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ%26tag%3Dbrickpicker-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB007Q0OUTY

Thanks to Camelcamelcamel for the update! :D

JUST REMEMBER... BRICKPICKER LINK! ^^^^^

• Like 1

It's a great price for what you get.  I don't see this turning around and making a profit for quite a while, but not every set has to be valuable to have good play value.  Still trying to resist the urge to buy another one.

That was my main question pondering in my head, but it seems like it is a good idea to pick up two and play with one! :P

Target.com has it for the same price, plus you can use your 5% redCard!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I had stocked up on these during the May 4th promo this year at $12.50 and put them on the top shelf and forgot about them until last night when someone made a post about Pre Visla being on sale at Walmart for $35.

This set has rebounded well after less then 6 months since the sale/EOL.  Lowest BIN on ebay is $38 and Amazon is at $44.  I know there are a lot of these out there and not sure what the limit will be on a small set, but with the Slave 1 boba fett and the movies this may be a winner for a non-exclusive. 

I had stocked up on these during the May 4th promo this year at $12.50 and put them on the top shelf and forgot about them until last night when someone made a post about Pre Visla being on sale at Walmart for $35.

This set has rebounded well after less then 6 months since the sale/EOL.  Lowest BIN on ebay is $38 and Amazon is at $44.  I know there are a lot of these out there and not sure what the limit will be on a small set, but with the Slave 1 boba fett and the movies this may be a winner for a non-exclusive. 

note: i just merged many desert skiff threads.

i also own some of this set.  it 'prob' won't be remade unless it makes another appearance in the new films (maybe if a stand alone Boba Fett movie...).   the minifigs are still exclusive to this set although they have diff versions in other versions.  this set also still includes the latest version of Lando in disguise.  this skiff is the largest one to-date and the design is fairly good. 

with the new movies coming and will likely satisfy both OT and prequel fans, i think this set should still do fine.  additionally, SW fans should want to add it along with their Jabba's Palace, Sail Barge, and Rancor sets.

• 1 month later...

Is it worth buying into this for $30 to pair with one of my sail barges? Or should I just forget it at this point?

I'm not sure what $30 CA relates to the US dollar, but it might be worth picking up a few.  MSRP in the US was $25 and it was commonly available for <$25 before retirement. This is one of my favorite newer Star Wars sets and has a great collection of minifigs.  Plus, the set itself is quite nice for the price.  It's also the only reproduction of the skiff since the very early one back in 1999 or 2000.

I remember gettting one for my personal collection for ~$17 last early December when Amazon had their great sales and I wish I would have picked up more.  Would've been nice if similar sales happened this year, but no....

• Like 1