10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

^^ FACT.

For anyone looking to decipher Ed's philosophy, it's pretty basic. And it is right.

1. Buy the right sets.

2. The more of them you buy, the more money you will make.

That is it. "Pithy", but accurate.

______

On topic for investors...

AA is completely wiped out of the Lego stores in Southern California (5 total). It has been, and they are not currently getting them.

But isn't this set in the winter catalog? (Going off of memory here...) If it is, interesting.

______

On topic for Batman fans...

If you happen to love this set, and what's not to love about it, a great book to read is Batman "Knightfall". Came out in the nineties. It's the story of Bane releasing all the nut jobs out of Arkham and wrecking Batman completely. Great read.

• Like 2

^^ FACT.

For anyone looking to decipher Ed's philosophy, it's pretty basic. And it is right.

1. Buy the right sets.

2. The more of them you buy, the more money you will make.

That is it. "Pithy", but accurate.

______

On topic for investors...

AA is completely wiped out of the Lego stores in Southern California (5 total). It has been, and they are not currently getting them.

But isn't this set in the winter catalog? (Going off of memory here...) If it is, interesting.

______

On topic for Batman fans...

If you happen to love this set, and what's not to love about it, a great book to read is Batman "Knightfall". Came out in the nineties. It's the story of Bane releasing all the nut jobs out of Arkham and wrecking Batman completely. Great read.

Which Ed?

Knight Fall was excellent. Start reading around Batman issue 488 or so (the story line officially stayed with issue 492 or so plus the other Bat titles). It started getting terrible with issue 500. Ugh. Yeah,

I use to be heavily into comics back in the 1980s and early 1990s.

• Like 1

Great memories on the nineties comics. Loved Batman, and Spiderman when Todd Mcfarlane had his run illustrating.

And of course, Gen 13, or anything else Image was producing at the time. VERY exciting artwork to assist in the transition between boyhood, adolescence, etc.

Comics became football as the years ground out. Now it's Direct TV (Sunday ticket/Red Zone), and a beer drinking habit which I like to consider a "hobby", but is probably better classified as a "problem".

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks its odd this is "retired" at this point? It was just in the most recent catalog. My nephews actually wanted this set above anything else in that catalog so I do find it odd that its being slated as retired or gone for good. When I called my lego store (MN) they said its retired and they won't get any others in.

I have one but there is no way that I'm giving that to my newphews....Besides there are two of them and only one AA so its actually be bad of me as their uncle to choose my favorite to give it to.

Am I the only one that thinks its odd this is "retired" at this point? It was just in the most recent catalog. My nephews actually wanted this set above anything else in that catalog so I do find it odd that its being slated as retired or gone for good. When I called my lego store (MN) they said its retired and they won't get any others in.

I have one but there is no way that I'm giving that to my newphews....Besides there are two of them and only one AA so its actually be bad of me as their uncle to choose my favorite to give it to.

Try working out a trade in bricktrader. Thinking about that myself. Anyone thinks 1 SSD for 3 AA (SSD owner pays both shipping) is a fair deal?

Try working out a trade in bricktrader. Thinking about that myself. Anyone thinks 1 SSD for 3 AA (SSD owner pays both shipping) is a fair deal?

3 AAs on amz would run $810 from 3rd party sellers, one SSD $790. Long term I think 3 AAs will beat one SSD.

I think there will still be a few F5 moments for AA on amazon and WM. Seems to be the norm with these big sets on the way out. 

3 AAs on amz would run $810 from 3rd party sellers, one SSD $790. Long term I think 3 AAs will beat one SSD.

I think there will still be a few F5 moments for AA on amazon and WM. Seems to be the norm with these big sets on the way out.

That's why I mentioned that SSD owner pays for both shippings.

Episode 7 is an x-factor though might give a kick for ssd.

Though I got a feeling that whoever can part with 3 AAs, most likely has plenty of SSDs...