What Lego set did you buy today?

The Hobbit game ($17.48 @ Target)

6 x 31000 Creator Mini Speeder (favors for a birthday party)

2 x 31001 Creator Mini Skyflyers $4.88 a piece @ Target

My local Walmart had nothing on clearance. Still had Arrival of Gandalf, and Target had 4 Catwoman sets for full retail. 

Do Wal-Marts have a set "go on sale" day like Target does Thursdays?

I have looked around through many sites and the closest thing to any kind of answer is Walmart has no real schedule at all. If there was, collectively it sounds like sales or rollbacks occur on Tuesdays for some reason. I guess to go with Wednesday (or "Hump day"). That's the best I could muster from the net.

Anyway, all I found and purchased was a Mines of Moria for $55.98. That's it.

Nothing else on sale at Target and Walmart's Lego aisle is just collecting even more dust yet not even a penny off of anything.

I have looked around through many sites and the closest thing to any kind of answer is Walmart has no real schedule at all. If there was, collectively it sounds like sales or rollbacks occur on Tuesdays for some reason. I guess to go with Wednesday (or "Hump day"). That's the best I could muster from the net.

Thanks!  :queen:

Thanks!  :queen:

You're welcome. ^_^

To add, it would fit for Walmart to clearance on Tuesday because that is usually the day when new stock comes in and gets put out on the floor or at least that is what I have observed at both of mine. I've seen staff putting books and sets on shelves during store hours on Tuesdays or Wednesdays and maybe a couple of times on a Thursday.

Made my first Craigslist purchase today - 4730 Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets - for $60.

Seller posted that the box had been opened, but that some of the original bags were unopened and all pieces would be there. When I talked to her on the phone, she said it was for her oldest grandson many years ago, but was deemed too difficult to build so it was never put together.

I go to pick it up (she just left it on her front porch and said I could leave money under the front mat), and looking at the box there were a couple of loose seals, but I was not sure it had ever been opened. I popped it open just to check......yeeaaaahhhhh pretty sure I just opened a factory sealed box. All of the pieces are still in the factory bags, only the base plates and the castle turret are loose. So not sure if she just mis-remembered or what.

In the end, probably worth checking, certainly don't want to sell something as factory sealed and have something missing, and then have someone file a claim and end up with nothing...

Trying to decide whether to hold or flip now, as Brickpicker price is $180+ :-)

Nice find, Sarm! 

I have not yet purchased a set today, but our two Apple Houses did show up on the front porch (one for us, one to tuck away awaiting EOL appreciation).

And we're going out shopping for real tomorrow, books and legos, so I might (might, I stress "might") be able to restrain myself until then.

I still have a fairly healthy chunk of July lego-money burning a hole in my pocket, though, so no guarantees.  :queen:

I found a sealed 10225 R2-D2 on ebay for $140 w/ ship. Talked to the seller, seemed it was legit. Asked him about packing and he said he would let fedex wrap it and box it, so I bought. I was still a bit worried it might be a dropscam, but it showed up today in a fedex box with a handwritten packing skip, so no worries there.

So now I have two, one built and one sealed. I'll be on the lookout for more, I foresee great things in this set's future :)

Grabbed a nice Star Wars lot for $457:

6206 tie intercepter

6208 b wing

6212 x wing

7127 imperial AT-ST

7754 home one mon calamari

7778 midi MF

7965 MF

8017 darths tie

8085 freeco speeder

8089 Hoth Wampa cave

8097 slave I

8099 midi star destroyer

8129 at-at walker

Plus an advent calendar and some loose figs.

I'll resell some and keep some - very excited about the AT AT walker.

Grabbed a nice Star Wars lot for $457:

6206 tie intercepter

6208 b wing

6212 x wing

7127 imperial AT-ST

7754 home one mon calamari

7778 midi MF

7965 MF

8017 darths tie

8085 freeco speeder

8089 Hoth Wampa cave

8097 slave I

8099 midi star destroyer

8129 at-at walker

Plus an advent calendar and some loose figs.

I'll resell some and keep some - very excited about the AT AT walker.

Would be a shame if the seller took all the minifigures out and resealed the boxes .. you would never know until you ship it to a customer and they leave you bad feedback and demand a refund lol