What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest AnnexBrett

Mother of all craigslist buys today. 10179, 10189, 10175 and 47 other sets today for 450 bucks.... all used though sadly.

Not bad... :)

Mother of all craigslist buys today. 10179, 10189, 10175 and 47 other sets today for 450 bucks.... all used though sadly.

Haha incredible!! This is exactly what happens when people have no clue what they own, and don't take the time to do a little online research. I'm quite jealous of you man!

Just picked up two 5766 Creator Log Cabin's for $23 a piece on Amazon. I don't see them becoming big investment winners, but that's okay since it looks really cool to combine two of them together to build an even bigger log cabin, which I will do if they are an investment flop.

It feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic to be honest :P

I forgot 4 x Olivia's House and 4 x Millenium Falcons

I am making some slight adjustments to my investment strategy. Will see how it goes.

right on......well whatever you are trying out I hope it works out for you! My strategy probably could use a little tweaking as well.

right on......well whatever you are trying out I hope it works out for you! My strategy probably could use a little tweaking as well.

It is a bit more aggressive than it was before, certainly I am dealing with a much higher volume than I was. It has taken some time to sit down and work out the finer details to it. I've been working on a kind of grading system on what sets I think will sell well, compare current Australian RRPs v international prices, potential increases due to international markets, how high the ceiling might be which determines how many of each set I should look at acquiring in comparison to other sets. Of course, it could all be for absolutely nothing because sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to.

My Lego budget is definitely much higher than it was through alot of financial maneouvering.

I was in a new Walmart today to see if they had any clearance deals and nothing to really note, but as I was looking through their main lego section, I found a Harry Potter Forbidden Forest (4865) set somebody had just stuck there. It felt like it had sticker residue on it where somebody had removed the red clearance sticker, so I took it to a scanner and it scanned for $4.00. Not a huge win, but I'll take free money when I can find it. Also grabbed a Bat Mobile polybag (30161) for my son to build... He will like the fact the car has fire coming out the back.

I was in a new Walmart today to see if they had any clearance deals and nothing to really note, but as I was looking through their main lego section, I found a Harry Potter Forbidden Forest (4865) set somebody had just stuck there. It felt like it had sticker residue on it where somebody had removed the red clearance sticker, so I took it to a scanner and it scanned for $4.00. Not a huge win, but I'll take free money when I can find it.

How is that free money?

I guess I am misunderstanding the definition of "free" in this context. Searching for, listing, packaging, and shipping an item sounds a lot like work, which means the money earned from the sale isn't free. If I found a 10-dollar bill on the ground while taking a stroll through the park, that would be free money, I suppose.