What Lego set did you buy today?

2x Vampyre Castle from Amazon U.K. 1x X-Wing from Amazon 1x A-Wing and 1x Shelob Attacks from Target. Shelob had one of those Substitution tags Target puts on when something else is sold out. This time it was a Duplo set that was sold out and said "Please substitue Shelob Attacks"----not sure many mothers/fathers switching from Duplo to Shelob, but hey thanks for the additional $ off Target.

Just talked a walmart manager into giving me a 7965 for 60 bucks. It had been in their clearance aisle for over a month and hadnt sold (still at list price) so I asked him if he would discount it. He offered me it for 100, I counter offered with 60 and he accepted!!

Applause

Just talked a walmart manager into giving me a 7965 for 60 bucks. It had been in their clearance aisle for over a month and hadnt sold (still at list price) so I asked him if he would discount it. He offered me it for 100, I counter offered with 60 and he accepted!!

Wow, excellent. I was at Walmart last week and there were 2 of these in the clearance area that didn't scan. I talked to the manager and asked how much and they said $100 so I bought them both. If I would have known I could negotiate I would have countered with a lower offer.

The managers have final say on how much "clearance money" their employees can mark down each week. Therefore if you go directly to them they will often be more willing to negotiate. I have great working relationships with several Walmart managers. Target ones are much harder to sweet talk though..

Guest AnnexBrett

I got these: Description: LEGO Creator - Sopwith Camel 10226 Quantity: 2 @ $93.58 Shipping Method: Standard Ground Description: LEGO Creator - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van 10220 Quantity: 2 @ $93.57 Shipping Method: Standard Ground plus a used #10175 from Ebay.