What Lego set did you buy today?

Received my 2 Helm`s Deeps from TRU earlier today. Needless to say, they were not in very good shape. One had some apparent shelves wear/scuffs on one side, creases on the surface, the other had a 6-7in crease on the front. After seeing a post from another member here, I decided to phone them up and see what they would do. I was offered and accepted another $20 refund (I phone about the $70 shipping dollar charge on Friday, and was given $20 for that) through paypal for the pair. $20 both times, what is up with that? So, they originally cost me about $112 each, now they cost about $101-$102 (they refund me $1 in tax as well). I wanted good boxes and was asked to settle for paying a fraction of the price. Far from what I wanted, but I still don`t see a loss at that price. Seals are all intact, thank God. 

Finally received my June order from Entertainment Earth.  2 Millennium Falcons in a sealed factory Lego Box, double-boxed in an appropriately sized shipping box with plenty of packing.  I opened up the factory box to inspect and they are minty, great job EE, and they included a $15 off $99 order coupon too.

• Like 1

Finally received my June order from Entertainment Earth. 2 Millennium Falcons in a sealed factory Lego Box, double-boxed in an appropriately sized shipping box with plenty of packing. I opened up the factory box to inspect and they are minty, great job EE, and they included a $15 off $99 order coupon too.

Just got word my summer EE order shipped too! I also had 2 MFs. Obviously they got a new shipment in...doesn't bode well for EOL prospects does it...?

A sale on those already? Lucky. :acute:

There were these two sitting in the clearance aisle with other Hobbit and Galaxy Squad sets. I took one and scanned it but it came back at the full $69.97. So I walked over to the aisle where other Friends sets were, but there were no DCs there. So I asked a floor manager, explaining what happened. He said that it was part of an aisle display that was taken down so they moved it to clearance...however that the "person who does markdowns" didn't get the word of how much to drop it to. So he checked with his boss and they ok'd a 20% discount (actually about 21%).

Right place at the right time I guess, but at $55...I took them off their hands!

7965 Millennium Falcon, took advantage of the $103 Amazon deal yesterday.  I've been waiting for a good sale to pick this set up, and I don't think I'll find it much cheaper than that.  With Amazon points I got it for less than $100.  This is my first Lego Falcon so I'm pretty excited.

I wasn't planning on spending any more on Lego this month since I want to buy the Ewok Village for double points, but oh well ...

Palace Cinema and Winter Village Cottage from LEGO Shop at Home.  Figured with the double points, Seasonal Set, and Free Lego Movie Sticker(and hopefully another salesperson minifigure) this would offset some cost to the PC as I don't like paying retail for them. 

I will build the PC for the Modular collection and the Cottage will be one of a few purchased this season.

Guest eightbrick

Cottage will be one of a few purchased this season.

I'm also hoping to rack up my numbers of these. They went on sale (30% off then 50% off in store) last year around Feb-Mar, so hopefully I can pick up a couple then. Great set, and if it retires this year the price is going to soar. Nice buys, by the way.