What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Thanos75 said:

$1800.  The person I bought it from was just tired of Lego and wanted the room back. So part of the deal was I had to take it all including the table the city was on and all the bins under the table and the random sets they had in the house.  It was worth the 1 1/2 hr drive.

Looks like all the modulars ever produced and then some. Sweet score! 

How'd you bring the table home??

Went to Walmart no clearance, they removed all the glass cages and all sets were out without spider wraps. Found a fresh case of space minifigs and scanned the pink space babies and 2 others I wanted. 

IMG_0688.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Craigslist for the win! $350 total. I have purchased from the seller in the past and he meticulously puts the pieces back in the original bags and tapes them shut when disassembling. I never thought I would get the Technic supercars, but I couldn't pass this up.

20240529_162341.jpg

• Like 8

So, walked into one of my Lego stores yesterday and they had the LotR GWP's still in stock.  Apparently their original shipment got split up and they received more GWP's than the actual Barad-dur set.  Maybe not the wisest choice, but I picked up another just because.  I'm hoping my son wants the set at some point.  Or maybe its a birthday present for him 😀

• Like 2

On family vacation in NYC. Found this at the 5th avenue store. GWP and 2x VIP.  Now how to fit it in the carry on. The box unfortunately will need to be sacrificed. 

IMG_0636.jpeg

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mathew said:

On family vacation in NYC. Found this at the 5th avenue store. GWP and 2x VIP.  Now how to fit it in the carry on. The box unfortunately will need to be sacrificed. 

IMG_0636.jpeg

Probably comes to RRP after the NYC markup.

26 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Probably comes to RRP after the NYC markup.

Actually there wasn’t a markup.  Everything else in this town is marked up so it was a nice surprise. 

Edited by Mathew

37 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Actually there wasn’t a markup.  Everything else in this town is marked up so it was a nice surprise. 

Really??  Guess they changed their policy.  They had previously marked things up.

31 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Really??  Guess they changed their policy.  They had previously marked things up.

I honestly didn’t look at any other sets so maybe it was just Barad Dur. It was a tough decision to buy based on the travel logistics. The FOMO won.

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

I honestly didn’t look at any other sets so maybe it was just Barad Dur. It was a tough decision to buy based on the travel logistics. The FOMO won.

You could ship it to yourself?

I went to the Lego store yesterday as well to do an exchange on 2 sets my now X-GF had gotten me, please no jokes @ravenb99 I am still getting over it 😢 

Anyway, I returned with gift receipt that was over 90 days old, the Ferrari Daytona and Tranquil Garden and for $10 got these 3. The guy whom I had never seen before was hesitant to do it because it had been over 90 days and when I explained the situation to him and how I would never build these sets he caved. 

The store displays had some kind of opaque plexi film around them I think to resemble clouds that made it harder to see. They had Barad-Dur but it just didn’t do it for me the front looks nice especially the long fins at the top and the rock work but the back reminds me of the Disney castle designed as a play set. Artemis and Notre Dame were definitely no gos as well as I just don’t enjoy those types of builds anymore. 

The new HP Great Hall for $200 has the exact same box size HxL but not D as the $470 HP Castle. The chess set looks great in person and I will definitely be getting that once they have a decent GWP. The Milky Way looks great to me but I already have it and I wanted the Batman Shadow box but they didn’t have that one. 

All of these 3 were built on display and look amazing in person. 

IMG_0809.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I went to the Lego store yesterday as well to do an exchange on 2 sets my now X-GF had gotten me, please no jokes @ravenb99 I am still getting over it 😢 

Anyway, I returned with gift receipt that was over 90 days old, the Ferrari Daytona and Tranquil Garden and for $10 got these 3. The guy whom I had never seen before was hesitant to do it because it had been over 90 days and when I explained the situation to him and how I would never build these sets he caved. 

The store displays had some kind of opaque plexi film around them I think to resemble clouds that made it harder to see. They had Barad-Dur but it just didn’t do it for me the front looks nice especially the long fins at the top and the rock work but the back reminds me of the Disney castle designed as a play set. Artemis and Notre Dame were definitely no gos as well as I just don’t enjoy those types of builds anymore. 

The new HP Great Hall for $200 has the exact same box size HxL but not D as the $470 HP Castle. The chess set looks great in person and I will definitely be getting that once they have a decent GWP. The Milky Way looks great to me but I already have it and I wanted the Batman Shadow box but they didn’t have that one. 

All of these 3 were built on display and look amazing in person. 

IMG_0809.jpeg

Hey, sorry to hear about your ex...she seemed really cool in the posts you mentioned your activities together.

looks like you got a pretty good trade off...I want all three of these as well.   Also wanted to give you props because you ACTUALLY build the sets and enjoy both the build and display process and share with us.  SO many of us...me especially...just keep adding to out backlog and miss out on the tangible enjoyment tht LEGO brings

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Really?  I wasn't sure what to think until I saw Barad-Dur in person and then was sold.  You can always do the back side to it pretty easily.  I think it's Brickartisan who has instructions for it.

Not sure I've seen the AMG in person yet but I agree on the other two.  The Peugeot & that Space Thing look pretty cool.

And sorry about your girlfriend.  Hard to find a girl that buys nice sets like that.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I thought about that but shipping will be expensive and not easy (staying in NYC with no packaging available). Wife said she wanted another piece of luggage so it’s a win-win. The box is not great with the stupid battery warning label anyway. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Really?  I wasn't sure what to think until I saw Barad-Dur in person and then was sold.  You can always do the back side to it pretty easily 

The interior is kinda weak. However I do like the exterior more upon seeing it in person. I actually like the Fell Beast and plan on building it to display alongside. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mathew said:

1,000 miles later.  I kind of enjoyed the challenge of getting this home from NYC.

IMG_0944.jpeg

Love the OCD bag sequencing! You could do a magic trick put them in the suitcase like this and they come out like:

Sorry I need to stop hating on this set. Enjoy the build!

IMG_2353.webp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Love the OCD bag sequencing! You could do a magic trick put them in the suitcase like this and they come out like:

Sorry I need to stop hating on this set. Enjoy the build!

😆 Yes, I have OCD and Lego feeds it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

The OCD in me could not of sacrificed the box 😆

I like my boxes mint as well. However it’s all perspective:  The creases give it character and are part of the experience for me. If I received it this way shipped from Lego it would be a different story. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2024 at 8:47 PM, keymomachine said:

Bought this from the recent Kohl's sale last week, arrived the other day in it's factory shipper. I'm going to ACTUALLY BUILD THIS.

Me too!  Although I'm thinking now I already have it from Costco a few months ago?