Retiring Soon - open speculation

I have been watching these retired Architecture sets make some nice gains once they are retired. Take a look at the John Hancock Center. A $20 set selling for $100. Fallingwater is even more unique than that. People have ignored these sets and they are all appreciating very well once they retire...which is now starting to happen.

Members are complaining about profits and such, yet I constantly real threads about Elsa and Rocket Raccoon. Those sets are OK and fine short term, but if you want a quality and classic set that will continue to appreciate with time and has low MSRPs, the Architecture sets are it.

Thanks Ed, makes me want to investigate these sets and its potential in my market area. Falling Water might become my second architecture set I buy.

I have been watching these retired Architecture sets make some nice gains once they are retired. Take a look at the John Hancock Center. A $20 set selling for $100. Fallingwater is even more unique than that. People have ignored these sets and they are all appreciating very well once they retire...which is now starting to happen.

Members are complaining about profits and such, yet I constantly real threads about Elsa and Rocket Raccoon. Those sets are OK and fine short term, but if you want a quality and classic set that will continue to appreciate with time and has low MSRPs, the Architecture sets are it.

While I do agree that the Architecture sets are great investments right now, I don't believe that they would perform very well with the type of mass buying we have seen in other themes. There is just a very limited group of buyers for this theme.

If I had a list of themes I would expect to respond poorly to mass purchasing - this theme might be at the top of my list.

Edited by KShine

It is hard to believe that Fallingwater has already been out 5 years... it doesn't seem that long.  I suspect that the first few sets that are retired in the theme will do well because the sets haven't been held back like others, but that, as others have said, prices will begin to stagnate once more people see the prices and begin jumping in. 

It is hard to believe that Fallingwater has already been out 5 years... it doesn't seem that long. I suspect that the first few sets that are retired in the theme will do well because the sets haven't been held back like others, but that, as others have said, prices will begin to stagnate once more people see the prices and begin jumping in.

You mean like Hancock, Sears/Willis, Robie, Guggenheim, Sunymon? They've all done well. Architecture is as close to an under the radar theme as we're likely to see.

People are selling Fallingwater on ebay for $90.  That's not making money even if you used a coupon.  

Fallingwater is selling for $90-120 currently on ebay. Look at sales data before making broad statements.  Just because 33 people have it listed for $175 on Amazon doesn't mean it's selling for that.  And please cut the douchey retorts and use spellcheck.  

Please link some of these $90 falling waters you see everywhere. I will buy all of them right now. Oh wait, they don't exist?

• Like 1

Is it just me or does there seem to be a bit of a lack of good architecture sets B&****** will have once FW is gone?  I know they have architecture studio, and then Imperial Hotel but that's kind of it right?  I'm not really into to 20-$30 price points and last time I checked the warehouse numbers on the White House which was back in April there were thousands and thousands of them.  I guess since Imperial Hotel is a FLW design that would be the next set to stack after FW.

I like the UN HQ. The transparent blue bricks look enticing.

People are selling Fallingwater on ebay for $90. That's not making money even if you used a coupon.

Fallingwater is selling for $90-120 currently on ebay. Look at sales data before making broad statements. Just because 33 people have it listed for $175 on Amazon doesn't mean it's selling for that. And please cut the douchey retorts and use spellcheck.

It has sold for above that price multiple times. If i used spell check it would cut into my time I'm using running around acquiring them.

But you are right, I do make a lot of typos. Therefore I will hire someone to spell check my work going forward and pay them with the profits from falling water :)

Stop trolling. Thanksssss

Anyway..... Speaking of arch was I the only one here who debated flying to Denmark to but all the arch airports? Same parells as the Japan Harbor thing.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

It has sold for above that price multiple times. If i used spell check it would cut into my time I'm using running around acquiring them.

But you are right, I do make a lot of typos. Therefore I will hire someone to spell check my work going forward and pay them with the profits from falling water :)

Stop trolling. Thanksssss

Anyway..... Speaking of arch was I the only one here who debated flying to Denmark to but all the arch airports? Same parells as the Japan Harbor thing.....

I thought about it too, but you'd need to find a way around the limit of 1 or 2 per person...

I thought about it too, but you'd need to find a way around the limit of 1 or 2 per person...

there are an abundance of people in an airport bored out of their minds while waiting for their flight.... Hey wanna earn 10 bucks....

• Like 2

I don't care what the sold for days ago. You said they could be had for 90 now. You didn't say I had to use my time machine.

I believe $90 comes from BnN in store price of $99.95 minus the 10% member discount.  With Raise gift cards currently giving 5% off face value the after tax price can be $90.  This only works if your local BnN has them in stock.  Online it is $99.95 with free shipping.

• Like 1