Retiring Soon - open speculation

I was doing an analysis on lego shop&home and I noticed alot of sets are sold out and probably retired. The site starts to look less interesting and even a bit boring. Seems like lego is saying to themselves: Yes! we made it! We are now the number one toy manufacturer in the world. So we quit. 

Wondering how many new sets will appear in the new year so the lego site can be taken serious again.

Are you speaking from an investors point of view?

I was doing an analysis on lego shop&home and I noticed alot of sets are sold out and probably retired. The site starts to look less interesting and even a bit boring. Seems like lego is saying to themselves: Yes! we made it! We are now the number one toy manufacturer in the world. So we quit. 

Wondering how many new sets will appear in the new year so the lego site can be taken serious again.

Yeah, there's a lot of sold out and TOOS sets on there. It's just carnage!

• Like 1

Are you speaking from an investors point of view?

Investors and collectors point of view.

Investor: There are still some to I would like to invest in more heavily. Like the Tumbler and ToO. For the rest nada. 

Collector: The only two sets left there I really really want are Parisian Restaurant and the Detective Agency. And the last one is not even orderable yet. 

Pet Shop, Triple E, Tower Bridge, Ewok Village, Death Star, Palace Cinema, Sea Cow, Simps House - all sound investments. 

- Pet Shop: Yes, but I have my projected number of them.

- Triple E: Used to be very sure about this one and bought a couple. But after speaking with someone about this set I think I will keep it at three. The previous version seemed not to have done so well.

- Death Star: My source and my gut says it is done. Just takes time for such a big expensive set to disappear. Have not seen any nice deals on it lately to make me pull the trigger.

- Palace Cinema: You are right.

- Sea Cow: Do not believe in this one.

- Simps House: You are right

• Like 1

This happens every year at this time.

Ed Mack hinted at this.  Sorry if you missed it.

I knew these baseplates were retiring, but not so fast!

I bought some blues already when I saw them on sale. The green ones will become light green. So dunno if to buy the current green ones as well. The blue ones I will stock-up.