41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Because he didn't buy one and has decided to be a jerk about it.

Alcarin, why are you always stirring the pot like this?

Nah, Id also laugh if sets I have would be reproduced... its only because the money i invested is they money I can totally lose and live on with it...

so quite frankly I do not care for the market ...

After all the talk about this set being the best investment this year there would be nothing funnier to read the words of those proclaiming it with another batch (or 2) coming... 

I still think this is just lies but if it is true indeed it would be funny to see prices after that...

Oh, I get it

• Like 1

I don't see more of 20,000 sets being released altering the eBay pricing all that much anyway. Everyone buying these already knows there are only 20,000 - that number hasn't changed since August 1.

agree. By another batch i dont think they mean another 20,000. Just the next and probably last shipment of the original and only 20,000. Everybody wins, if you can get one this time around hopefully it will be the last

Comedy Essential #1: Comedy is Tragedy that Happens to other People

Remember that... 

I think the adage is Tragedy + TIME = Comedy

And I think "Comedy Essential #1" is: KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!!!!!!!

(and it also helps to actually be at least a little bit funny)

• Like 2

Its gone. 6 were sold. I got #5. Talk about stupid luck (assuming it actually ships, that is)!

I'll laugh and send a congrats, since it's all I can think of to do. Too funny, since they canceled my order yesterday.  I sent them a message, mentioned I was disappointed, and asked if there was any left in stock where they could make it right.  I received a canned answer that this was a popular item, keep checking stores, keep checking the website, etc.  Of course they never would suggest it from corporate, but they never suggested to check the EBay store, lol.  :whistle:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

lol

But yeah, Alcarin comedy is not really your strong suit.

Thats what YOU think....

(also I was not trying to be funny at all, I was saying it WOULD (future) be funny IF... )

The only real issue with the next "wave" is that it will probably make some buyers wait.  Why pay $500 now if you can wait 2 weeks and get it for $200 (maybe).  So you might see a plateau or a drop in the ebay prices the next few days as some buyers will decide to try and buy it retail.   But like Quacs said...there are 20,000.  Always were, that never changed. 

Guest TabbyBoy

There can't be more than 20,000 as the licence plate says EK xxxxx of 20000. My 2nd pair are on back order and due for delivery on 02SEP.  I called TLG and they've been accurate with dates so far.  Just to let you know that this "2nd wave" has already all been allocated to back orders.

Thats what YOU think....

(also I was not trying to be funny at all, I was saying it WOULD (future) be funny IF... )

In theater a Tragedy is considered a form a comedy, but that doesn't mean it's "ha ha funny".  So let's look at how tragedy is defined.

trag

• Like 1

Everyone needs to relax a little.  Do we have any idea what will really happen next?  We don't and all the stories from random Lego and TRU employees don't amount to anything really.  We know the current plan is to sell only 20,000 units and that it's currently a quick $200 if you flip one now.  I personally am holding my 2 to see what the future holds.  The worst case scenario is I don't really make much money and have two very unique sets to play with or break even on.  There are some that are clearly a little chapped they didn't get one and to that I just say your life will be a pretty big downer if you are always jealous of other people's success.  Be happy for those that do well and we will happy when the same happens to you.

• Like 2

Went to the LEGO store with ExoBro today. He was talking to one of the employees he's friends with and it was said that a "final" shipment of 41999s will be received by LEGO stores the last week of August. This shipment is because of LEGO pulling the set from LEGO Shop at Home. I forget who said it on this forum, but it totally does look like LEGO had to pull the crawler from LEGO Shop at Home so the stores could get some more. 

However, Kevin and I are still unsure as to whether this set is actually going to be 100% EOL or if LEGO will make some more. I can't say either way at this point. 

Went to the LEGO store with ExoBro today. He was talking to one of the employees he's friends with and it was said that a "final" shipment of 41999s will be received by LEGO stores the last week of August. This shipment is because of LEGO pulling the set from LEGO Shop at Home. I forget who said it on this forum, but it totally does look like LEGO had to pull the crawler from LEGO Shop at Home so the stores could get some more.

However, Kevin and I are still unsure as to whether this set is actually going to be 100% EOL or if LEGO will make some more. I can't say either way at this point.

If you are by a LEGO Store, I would recommend you get there at opening next Monday.

I have class unfortunately lol. However, they usually hold the sets if you ask them so I should be fine. If they end up getting more that is.

Aw sucks man, I haven't even gone back yet. I move into the dorms on September 2nd thats why me and BrickBabe can get to the store. Yeah, who knows if they even will have them. My guy at the store has a good track record of supplying correct info so far, but you never know. Just play it by ear guys. 

I just talked to Shop@Home and trying to replace mine that has a minor crease.  They ship the set with no air bubble to protect the set.  She told me that they are expecting more to ship to the shop and will have a few for exchanges at Shop@Home.  I asked her if that means they are having more to be made, and she replied that they are not making anymore, but they have more stock to be sent to the store one more time.  And they have nothing now to replace mine.  Take it for what its worth.