41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Guest TabbyBoy

lol might be awhile .. i dont see anyone hording 1000+ USC falcons .. that mark fellow has at least 800+ soo I dont think it will go up that high anytime soon maybe 5+ years

I think Mark may be getting nervous as appreciation of this set is not guaranteed even though likely.  I'm looking forward to the 41888 in metallic red coming out next year! Now... back to planet Earth.

I think Mark may be getting nervous as appreciation of this set is not guaranteed even though likely.  I'm looking forward to the 41888 in metallic red coming out next year! Now... back to planet Earth.

All im saying is .. your 2-5 sets going to compete with marks 700+ sets ... its like the small guy trying to compete with toysarus lol .. good luck seeing those kinda of returns until mark has sold all his sets .. 

How many do you have?

I sold 18, and have 6 left.

I have none, well I had the option of buying 2 for retail in EU area but I passed.... Besides I was really tight on cash when i had the option.... and I rather spent the cash on a few 50% off Hobbit sets in my local toy store...

got Mirkwood spiders for 12

All im saying is .. your 2-5 sets going to compete with marks 700+ sets ... its like the small guy trying to compete with toysarus lol .. good luck seeing those kinda of returns until mark has sold all his sets .. 

Yes, he's got a lot of them... so? How is this going to affect the price of John Doe putting his set on eBay? How many people are aware of the fact he owns that many sets? A couple of dozen on this site maybe? Maybe I'm missing something but I think it's irrelevant.

Yes, he's got a lot of them... so? How is this going to affect the price of John Doe putting his set on eBay? How many people are aware of the fact he owns that many sets? A couple of dozen on this site maybe? Maybe I'm missing something but I think it's irrelevant.

You think .. just because you list a 41999 for $800 or wahtever you list it for .. you wont have other competitors trying to sell theirs .. you make it sound like its a super easy sell 

That reminds me, does anyone have an idea of how many 10179s were made?  This could give a guide as to 41999's future value. Or, jump into your 21103 and take a look!

From my understanding there were 10,000 Falcons made WITH the Certificate of Authenticity. I have no idea how many were made without the certificate. I am guessing 100,000+?

It is relevant....

once those Crawlers hit his OWN desired profit margin, he will start putting these on the market.... and once that happens the price will not raise an INCH until he sells all he wants (or all of them)

so if theoretically his selling price is (example) 500$ once the cheapest goes for 500$ he will put out X at a time untill he runs out....

so if Teddy (for example) wants to sell these for 700$ or even 1000$ he will be FORCED to wait until Mark runs out....

And that could very well be months or YEARS... noone knows the time frame.

So ye... it is relevant!

It is relevant....

once those Crawlers hit his OWN desired profit margin, he will start putting these on the market.... and once that happens the price will not raise an INCH until he sells all he wants (or all of them)

so if theoretically his selling price is (example) 500$ once the cheapest goes for 500$ he will put out X at a time untill he runs out....

so if Teddy (for example) wants to sell these for 700$ or even 1000$ he will be FORCED to wait until Mark runs out....

And that could very well be months or YEARS... noone knows the time frame.

So ye... it is relevant!

Guest TabbyBoy

I understand but, Mark may be holding on for

It could also go the other way around. If his target price is higher than yours, he could make the market go in his direction. All of the cheaper sets will be bought or the price upped.

Yep it COULD....  but talking about the range of 0000 digits is doubtful 

I think this set will be 700$ set overall.... in 2015 2nd half and then it will most likely slow down really heavily 

Lowest recently sold for 300$ which is quite low compared to the hype lol

Nobody is buying it now for $350 .. why would anyone buy it up for more money later? lol

I don't know if the data is available, but it'd be fun to check what was the 10179's price a month or two after it's retirement. Don't want to compare to an iconic set? Compare then to 10185 or 10182, sets that were wildly available and as you know, have appreciated.

This set being limited to only 20.000 has that advantage.

2 years? to increase the price from $350 to $450 hardly feels like its worth it  .. in 2 years you could reinvest the crwaler money flip buy flip buy during 2 years worth of black friday/ after christmas sales and net a $500%+ return or more

I stated I was being very pessimistic.

If you want to go ahead and flip on black friday's deals go ahead. We are not comparing what's a better investment, we are throwing numbers around about the appreciation of this set.

Doing 41999 vs Black Friday deals is apples and oranges.

And comparing a Technics set to regular lego sets such as (10185, 10182) ... as you called it ....  comparing apples to oranges 

Please listen to your own advise.

You wanted to see what happened with recently retired sets and I'm pointing out sets that did not have a niche audience - unlike 10179 - back when they were retired, which could be the case for this particular set, not the whole Technic line. Seems like you are here just for trolling and haven't learned a bit about how some Lego sets move around, let alone market's supply-demand behavior.

If Lego continues to release more Limited Technic sets, this will get even higher, just like what happened with the original modulars once they released more sets of the line. If they don't, this set will still keep climbing, only that at a slower pace.

Right now there must be a lot of listings on eBay made up of short term investors and flippers, second wave buyers that got word about the profits of the first one and are flipping the sets now. After all, nearly 70% of the investment as a return is still very nice. Once offer starts to stall it should climb faster.

Another fact that you should have in mind, and this I take from a post from fcBarcelona from a while ago, all big sets tend to dip a little bit during december.

Saying that this set will not command nice prices later because it's currently selling for nearly $300 a month or two after it's retirement - not even mentioning that it's already a profitable set for MSRP purchases-, after a second wave that saw some stores overflowed with 41999's, not having in mind that we are close to december, that people are saving their bucks for black friday deals, not taking into account all the new expensive, demanded items that are out there is completely insane.