10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

One of my smaller local LEGO stores has it in stock with a "Retiring Soon" label on it.

On the other hand, another bigger LEGO store with more traffic 20 miles away also has it but does not have the "Retiring Soon" label.

If you look back through old threads, there has been a lot of proof that the in store labels mean nothing.

Its gone, there really is no other explanation. Its not coming back. It was overpriced and didn't sell well at retail. They cleared their stock and I am pretty sure will be done with it.

Meanwhile those of us who have quietly stocked them such as yourself will be happy. This isn't gonna be a $1000 set. But I think it could hit $350 - $400 in several years.

• Like 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is the B-Wing gone from Toysrus.com?

Hmm... Can't find it.

It's still at Wal-Mart for $149.98 + tax w/free shipping...

I also could not find the set on TRU, but it is still at Walmart. Hope it retires soon. The set not being available on TRU could be a indicator that the set may go soon.

Is the B-Wing gone from Toysrus.com?

Hmm... Can't find it.

It's still at Wal-Mart for $149.98 + tax w/free shipping...

I think what happened is TRU just started a clearance sale and the Bwing was clearance. So they pulled it. Sounds like them and makes a lot of sense.

When i saw the clearance sale, first thing I did was look through to find the Bwing there. It was definitely there yesterday.

It is slightly odd, as the lego stores had the 30% off sale to clear their stock back in June. Then they go and restock the LEGO Shop at Home site.

You mean like orc forge, and all monster fighters save HH.  Seems to be a new trend...look at all the walmart and target clearaneing sets....only to restock at full retail 2 weeks later.  Me thinks there is some rebate or incentive games. 

You mean like orc forge, and all monster fighters save HH.  Seems to be a new trend...look at all the walmart and target clearaneing sets....only to restock at full retail 2 weeks later.  Me thinks there is some rebate or incentive games. 

This oen was in the UK though. This hasn't happened for the Bwing in America.

Barring an unexpected Black Fridsy sale that introduces more stock for retail, times seems to be running out. Even at $149 (still a low price), it is a safe investment. Buy as many as you can from Target using their RedCard.

Demand will be there especially the the new cartoon and movie in the works. This set appeals to many diff types of collectors. General AFOLs, UCS AFOLs, SW fans, SW AFOLs, UCS AFOLs, Sci Fi AFOLs, kids, model builders, etc....

Just grabbed 3 more of these off Target.com using my red card. Bought them 1 at a time to make sure they are shipped nicely, and also get more boxes and packing materials. I used the affiliate link for Target too! So we all win!

good idea. their boxes are usually thinner (low lb crush spec but it can't hurt get).  when i ordered by 10227s from Lego, I kept their sturdy boxes unfolded behind one of my shelving units.