10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Guest TabbyBoy

It's OK, I just called them.  They say that they need to honour slipping back orders but, more stock arrives in July so I'm free to order again then.  I'll have 6 total which ain't bad.  Unless.... they bomb after EOL!

SSD available now from S@H Spain

I guess the SSD becoming available again in the UK and Europe seems to correlate with the talk of the last production run being sent there to fulfill back orders and such. The question is whether or not some will make their way to the US or if it will become a retired product in US LEGO stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

SSD available world wide except for the US. Must be a conspiracy. My friend in Toronto texted me and bought 10 from TRU ca yesterday and rubbed it in. This sucks.

This is no conspiracy. I am pretty sure the SSD is bought more in the US. I think people who order more than 4 of these per order are not living in Europe. So I suppose the batch for North America is depleted already. If I buy one I buy maximum 2 per order. Certainly not 10!

SSD available world wide except for the US. Must be a conspiracy. My friend in Toronto texted me and bought 10 from TRU ca yesterday and rubbed it in. This sucks.

Could you ask him what were the codes on the seals of SSD he got from TRU ca? We know that Europe is getting their own production run. But it is curious to know which one TRU in Canada is selling. The remainder of last 2014 run that was shipping in US, or even older, 2013 stock?

It is time TLG rethinks its US pricing policy. 

The prices and discounts you get are borderline ridiculous compared with what a European has to pay. 

Take the SSD for example: the EU 399 EURO price tag equals 660$. 

When I see the comments that the SSD jumps to 500$ and should do well EOL, I wonder how valid this reasoning will be in Europe. 

Sets are just way more expensive and sell at a slower rate - grow less. 

I understand that TLG wanted to get back market share in the US, but it seems they have it now, and should start thing on re-using the big mac index, treating the regions more equitable. 

That's maybe a strange way to explain why SSD is out in the US, but plenty of time left in Europe

regards

• Like 1

Could you ask him what were the codes on the seals of SSD he got from TRU ca? We know that Europe is getting their own production run. But it is curious to know which one TRU in Canada is selling. The remainder of last 2014 run that was shipping in US, or even older, 2013 stock?

Ok, I just messaged him. I bet it's the old stock because TRU still have a lot of BWing in stock. Who knows, it could be a 2010 production run. My friend did say the Canadians are slow and misinformed when it came to lego. And they don't know what investing is. He posted an SSD once at $499 on CL and said some guy emailed him and offered him $200 because it's an old product and nobody wants old sets. Haha

The prices and discounts you get are borderline ridiculous compared with what a European has to pay.

When I see the comments that the SSD jumps to 500$ and should do well EOL, I wonder how valid this reasoning will be in Europe.

I understand that TLG wanted to get back market share in the US, but it seems they have it now, and should start thing on re-using the big mac index, treating the regions more equitable.

That's maybe a strange way to explain why SSD is out in the US, but plenty of time left in Europe

regards

Lego knows about this and I think - and this is just my opinion - that they set their prices based on how much it would cost to import a set into the EU from the US, among other facts.

S&**** + import taxes for a 399 USD set could put it over the 399 EUR msrp in 10221 case. This would carry on to higher USD prices thus proving equally expensive for us EU customers.

It's a way for them to keep their markets balanced. It doesn't always work this way.

regards

399 euro is only 543 US Dollars.

regards

Couldnt agree more. It is very very difficult to be competitive with all the US sellers on EU ebay sites. They are much more, bought their sets at much lower price and undermining our market in EU. 600$ for a set must sound like a terrible deal in the states now, while this is bang on MSRP in the Uk. This for some might be an opportunity for a quick flip if the SSDs were bought cheaply, of which i am sure, but here selling it at

Couldnt agree more. It is very very difficult to be competitive with all the US sellers on EU ebay sites. They are much more, bought their sets at much lower price and undermining our market in EU. 600$ for a set must sound like a terrible deal in the states now, while this is bang on MSRP in the Uk. This for some might be an opportunity for a quick flip if the SSDs were bought cheaply, of which i am sure, but here selling it at

I don't know abou UK import taxes, but over here in Spain, comparing item price only between US and EU sellers, the US seller is obviously cheaper, but when adding taxes + S&**** charges the EU has the upper hand.

Yes, but customs here are hit and miss and sometimes you get away not paying it. Plus, if the item is sent as a gift you dont have to pay import tax.

I agree on the import taxes to Europe. Any reseller should check import/export in order to net profits.

But reverse the situation: imagine  US had to pay what europeans have to pay for their sets.

SDD: 399E x 1,36 = 543 E  in excess of  700$...

Just to give the americans an impression of how we feel here in europe about your prices...

two on display? ????

That must be epic. Pics available?

Yes, one at home...which is nothing too interesting and the other one at work. Which is strictly no pictures as its the most confidential department in the company - design studio. But the second one takes all the admirations from colleagues and people from other departments. Sitting proud next to the x-wing there... :)

Yes, but customs here are hit and miss and sometimes you get away not paying it. Plus, if the item is sent as a gift you dont have to pay import tax.

I believe eBay US enforces the use of a system that requires the payment of customs taxes at purchase time, so no getting away from taxes there.

In any case, I'd rather not take any chances.

Yes, one at home...which is nothing too interesting and the other one at work. Which is strictly no pictures as its the most confidential department in the company - design studio. But the second one takes all the admirations from colleagues and people from other departments. Sitting proud next to the x-wing there... :)

gotcha.

I was picturing some epic space battle with multiple flag ships on display