What Lego set did you buy today?

42043  Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245

My two I ordered from Amazon.de arrived.  

$183.86 each (includes shipping)

Shipping box looked abysmal and UPS left it in the snow, but Lego boxes look great.

Now I need to find a hiding place before my son or husband think they can build it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

I bought a few cool and fairly rare sets:

4002014: lego Hub Birds, MISB $200

4002015: lego Borkum Riffgruns MISB $185

10195: Star Justice. MISB $115

3723: complete with instructions and stickers $425

3724: complete with instructions and original box: $500

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like your style. Really solid prices on the LEGO Hub Birds and Borkum Riffgrund. If I can ask, where did you pick those up?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

I like your style. Really solid prices on the LEGO Hub Birds and Borkum Riffgrund. If I can ask, where did you pick those up?

That's what I thought exactly. And I think the 3724 is a steal with the box and instructions as well. The Hub Birds and Borkum were newly listed on Bricklink. 

Still looking for a good deal on the 4000014 Legoland train but those are hard to come by

Past few days

Lego Dimensions Fun packs all @ £3.33 ea tesco direct

x9 DC Wonder Woman

x9 DC Cyborg

x3 Ninjago Jay

x3 Ninjago Zane

x3 Ninjago Nya

From ebay

x1 General Grevious £15

X2 Architecture Louvre £64

x1 Imperial hotel £70

X1 lego city space port £45 gonna build this with my little boy.

60052 Cargo Train arrived today

$119 on AWD

Seals are intact and box just looks a little beat up.  Took a quick peak, and it looks like everything is there.

Not a bad price at all.  $199 at Lego and cheapest I see on eBay and Target is around $145.  This was my first AWD purchase - so far so good.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, trstnkn said:

42043  Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245

My two I ordered from Amazon.de arrived.   Insert/Remove Numbered List

$183.86 each (includes shipping)

Shipping box looked abysmal and UPS left it in the snow, but Lego boxes look great.

Now I need to find a hiding place before my son or husband think they can build it.

Got my Arocs yesterday too, probably ordered on the same day even! It was a great deal. 

Mine was propped up against the door vertically which allowed some snow to blow into the packaging box, but it wasn't an issue since it didn't melt while in there (took em out before it could). Lego box corners are a bit bumped/crunched, but doesn't bother me - I think many care a bit too much about condition of boxes. It's a box. 

I have continually not had issues with international orders, perhaps luckily. 

My local meijer had out 76061 - Mighty Micros: Batman vs. Catwoman.

Bought one for the kid for V-Day, but after checking the ebay, the only listings I saw were for pre-orders and in hand on March 1st. I've never sold anything, but I'm thinking about it . . . 

They also had 2 new Ninjago sets, 2 new Minecraft, and 76050 - Crossbones' Hazard Heist (which looks pretty cool).

1 hour ago, Muffin Cup said:

Got my Arocs yesterday too, probably ordered on the same day even! It was a great deal. 

Mine was propped up against the door vertically which allowed some snow to blow into the packaging box, but it wasn't an issue since it didn't melt while in there (took em out before it could). Lego box corners are a bit bumped/crunched, but doesn't bother me - I think many care a bit too much about condition of boxes. It's a box. 

I have continually not had issues with international orders, perhaps luckily. 

I'm getting mine tomorrow - let's see how the boxes look like ... luckily I'm using these for my business, so as long as the contents are good I don't care too much about box condition.

26 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Bought my first series 15 minifigs at TRU today. 

My goal was just to avoid doubles but I failed. I'm terrible at feeling up minifigures. I need 5 seconds or less guy to help me out next time.

My trick is to look at the pictures on the box (or my phone).  If you're not positive, set it aside for the time being.  Then come back to it.  If you think it matches something else, grab that something else and compare the two.

Sometimes, if I'm just not sure, I'll buy it and end up with a double.  Other times, I just toss it back.  There's plenty out there right now.

As for my own buys today:

Cyberman / Dalek Dimensions Fun Packs

some CMF Series 15 for the kids

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

I'm getting mine tomorrow - let's see how the boxes look like ... luckily I'm using these for my business, so as long as the contents are good I don't care too much about box condition.

I got both of mine over the last 2 days. SO tempted to build one..... The shipping boxes were in rough shape, but very little damage inside. They also came to my work, with NO NAME, so they got opened by my boss haha.

A tear on one, where the square-ish punch outs are on the side, it's fine. The other has a tiny tear on one of the small sides, again nothing to complain about. Great price on these.

They have the non-US box art, with no piece count, expected..GL with the builds Phil!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rdandy5875 said:

I got both of mine over the last 2 days. SO tempted to build one..... The shipping boxes were in rough shape, but very little damage inside. They also came to my work, with NO NAME, so they got opened by my boss haha.

A tear on one, where the square-ish punch outs are on the side, it's fine. The other has a tiny tear on one of the small sides, again nothing to complain about. Great price on these.

They have the non-US box art, with no piece count, expected..GL with the builds Phil!!!!

Thanks man! I will actually build one of them, then deconstruct the build process into separate stages and have a bunch of 8-14 year olds build the whole thing during class to learn about the engineering techniques utilized ... I've done something similar with 42043 and 42008 recently, this will be the big project for in a few months ...

• Like 1