LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 7 years later...

Off topic... Can anyone point me to a forum thatdiscusses the lego order status? Iwant to know at which point the order is safe from the ban hammer...once it is in process, does it usually mean that it is cleard for shipping?

No one knows exactly what triggers a ban and there is def no such thing as "safe to order" point.

Do a forum search on account banned and there are a few threads out there. It is all pure speculation .

No one knows exactly what triggers a ban and there is def no such thing as "safe to order" point.

Do a forum search on account banned and there are a few threads out there. It is all pure speculation .

Has anyone had ban/warning from retailers like walmart/target/amazon?  If so what quantities/$$ amounts caused it?

Has anyone had ban/warning from retailers like walmart/target/amazon? If so what quantities/$$ amounts caused it?

Trying to find the amazon ban discussion.

Amazon will ban you for trying to circumvent their buying limit or for excessive returns . They send u a warning letter in most cases.

Edited by Bold-Arrow
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I came across a thread regarding lego.com/store banning members from their VIP program if they suspect you are a reseller. Is this true still? Ive made alot of purchases. I mean 5 of the same items or multiple orders of 2 qty on same day if they only let you select 2 per day. Ive even placed orders 5 times, one right after the other for 2qty each (due to limited to 2 on dropdown box).

Ive even purchased multiple sets at the brick/mortar stores (limited to 3 per vip card). My wife comes with me so we each can get 3. Some stores even dont mind me purchasing more on same day if ranged up by different cashier.

Right now, I have 10 orders coming in totaling over 60 sets. Half are on backorder for 7 days to 30 days so they will prob be shipping only half my stuff. But, now Im worried bout getting banned from VIP.

If this is still true, what are the best methods to stay under the radar?

thx

lc

Hi,

I came across a thread regarding lego.com/store banning members from their VIP program if they suspect you are a reseller. Is this true still? Ive made alot of purchases. I mean 5 of the same items or multiple orders of 2 qty on same day if they only let you select 2 per day. Ive even placed orders 5 times, one right after the other for 2qty each (due to limited to 2 on dropdown box).

Ive even purchased multiple sets at the brick/mortar stores (limited to 3 per vip card). My wife comes with me so we each can get 3. Some stores even dont mind me purchasing more on same day if ranged up by different cashier.

Right now, I have 10 orders coming in totaling over 60 sets. Half are on backorder for 7 days to 30 days so they will prob be shipping only half my stuff. But, now Im worried bout getting banned from VIP.

thx

lc

Banned from VIP == banned from shop at home == banned from Lego brick and mortar

Banned from VIP == banned from shop at home == banned from Lego brick and mortar

Heh, I wonder how many people managed to get banned from B&M.

When entering drunk, shouting at staff: quite possible

When trying to buy 3 of the same set: not that likely

• Like 1

thx

lc

i have blown through all the limits for years.

i only have 1 VIP account which i've had for years - only 1 shipping address.

imo, the key to not getting banned is :

order 1 thing at a time.  no normal person buys more than 2 of the same $100+ set and by ordering it separately you have your future shipping box ready to go.

if you order a $100+ set and its oos and backordered, don't order another until it has shipped and you have a tracking  number.  if you feel the need to violate this put the additional orders off VIP.

do you have kids, grand kids nieces nephews ?  add them to your VIP account list of people that you can have stuff shipped to.  all 3 of my kids have gotten their own modulars sets under their names.  

try not to just order the same set over and over.  try to mix it up with some smaller sets, or have a large cycle of repeating sets you order from.

if you are just opening up your VIP account , don't go crazy ordering the first month - break it in slowly.  

i think someone who opens a VIP account with no kids listed and then goes on to buy $5000 worth of lego's in a week is going to raise flags.

other tip:

take advantage of certain times of the year when sales volume is going to be too great for the ban mechanisms to work properly.

for example, at the end of November when they had double VIP right before Christmas.  

There is just no way (imo) that they can filter through that many orders to pick out the resellers.  

Just put in multiple orders of single sets.  

By contrast, you have to take it easy during slower times of year when the banning filters may be more adept at picking your sales out because the volumes are so light and they might notice multiple packages going to the same address.

all this is very speculative and ymmv but it has worked for me.

• Like 2

Wonder if I should be worried I had two SAH orders canceled used. I used different accounts and different address. Will they cancel an entire order if one item is sold out?

I would not think they would cancel the entire order if one item was sold out but did you use different accounts, bill and ship to names & addresses and credit cards?  I do not think Lego tracks by ip like Amazon but not sure.

Wonder if I should be worried I had two SAH orders canceled used. I used different accounts and different address. Will they cancel an entire order if one item is sold out?

if its out of stock, they will not cancel, just ship stuff as it is available.  I would assume this is the case for something that is gone (ie "sold out") also.

if its out of stock, they will not cancel, just ship stuff as it is available. I would assume this is the case for something that is gone (ie "sold out") also.

I guess I got the hammer over some magnets and minifigs on two separate accounts good thing I have a 3rd. Person on the phone denied they ever would ban someone, but would not let me talk to any one else.

Sent from my 831C using Brickpicker mobile app

I guess I got the hammer over some magnets and minifigs on two separate accounts good thing I have a 3rd. Person on the phone denied they ever would ban someone, but would not let me talk to any one else.

with small items its possible they just dont have enough stock, to make it worth shipping what ever is left.  I have heard of them shipping small stuff with free shipping (even promos) while the bulk of the order is waiting on stock.  but I am not sure if there is a real standard procedure for this kind of thing.

Edited by jay4e

Over magnets and minifigs?  Ouch.