10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

A roundtable discussion with Lego employees (shush!) concluded that exclusives will never be on sale, ever, anywhere. Thus the coupon cannot apply to them because TLG's agreement with vendors stipulates that the Lego store will not undersell them. Makes sense, but sucks just the same. We'll see if Amazon puts any exclusives on sale for Black Friday and go from there.

A roundtable discussion with Lego employees (shush!) concluded that exclusives will never be on sale, ever, anywhere. Thus the coupon cannot apply to them because TLG's agreement with vendors stipulates that the Lego store will not undersell them. Makes sense, but sucks just the same. We'll see if Amazon puts any exclusives on sale for Black Friday and go from there.

Where do you get your information?? I heard the table was rectangular.

• Like 1

Thanx for the info Comicblast. If SSD is gone b4 you're in a position to buy, pm me and I will earmark one of mine to sell to you at retail when you are in a position to buy. It would be just wrong for you not to have one!

I'll keep it in mind, Coneil21! Thanks for the offer! :D

The fire brigade was also absent....or was it already absent in previous issues?

The oldest 2012 Catalog that still have is from Summer 2010, and the FB was in it, but then I have a jump in records to Summer 2012, in which the FB didn't make an appearance, and as of the Holiday 2013 one, did not appear in another catalog (I have all catalogs Summer 2012 and on, and 2 from 2010).

I'll keep it in mind, Coneil21! Thanks for the offer! :D

The oldest 2012 Catalog that still have is from Summer 2010, and the FB was in it, but then I have a jump in records to Summer 2012, in which the FB didn't make an appearance, and as of the Holiday 2013 one, did not appear in another catalog (I have all catalogs Summer 2012 and on, and 2 from 2010).

Ill keep a watch out for you as well on Ebay - A friend and I were looking for one a while back and we managed to snag a couple at $310 (no box). It was awesome.

I honestly think its done. The UCS areas in the Lego stores are starting to get crowded and I think it and the Bwing will go to make room.

The set that was missing in the holiday catalog that I found odd was the Friends Dolphin Cruiser.  That one will be a big seller this holiday season.  No idea why it was not in the catalog.

It's in there, just not with the other LEGO Friends sets. Had a pretty small section too:

Must-Have Holiday Sets! LEGO Favorites

• 60004 Fire Station
  • 31012 Family House
  • * 20215 Invention Designer
  • 7938 Passenger Train
  • * 42008 Service Truck
  • 41015 Dolphin Cruiser
  • 70009 Worriz

Hmm, I suppose the people who had guessed Fire Brigade would be the next to go are correct and Grand Emporium is in fact sticking around for another glorious year. Well then, a certain someone around here saying both would be gone by the end of this year was only half right after all. :spiteful::P

Hehe :)

But if FB goes this year and the GE next, then that is a long 4 year run for both sets. Few sets beat that; like 10188 & 7741.

Guest TabbyBoy

Could nice sets hanging around for 4+ years become the norm?  Eg. Tower Bridge?

I only have one Fire Brigade (which I may build) as the "popularity" of it has put me off buying a bunch of them.

I don't know if a set being absent in this list necessarily means it is close to retirement. I noticed only the four recent addititions to the Architecture theme are present, which are only a small portion of the theme. I don't know if Lego would retire so many sets at once.

Then again, you never know.

I don't know if a set being absent in this list necessarily means it is close to retirement. I noticed only the four recent addititions to the Architecture theme are present, which are only a small portion of the theme. I don't know if Lego would retire so many sets at once.

Of course, it doesn't mean that the set is retiring, but I am taking the SSD absence pretty seriously, since LEGO has a track record of putting every UCS LEGO set in the catalog. Also the B-Wing is absent from the catalog...  :shifty:

Correct, I don't think we can lose if we are patient enough.  I may bite if large discounts are on the horizon.  i wish I knew how many FBs were made and still plan to be made.  I'm thinking at least 20x more than there were Cafe Corners.

Yes, so I will I. Problem is I have never seen this set discounted. Hopefully this means that even though its been out for 4+ years there are relatively few of them out there. I have been tracking this set on ebay since Nov-12 and there have only been 40 auctions, and only 11 have been new and sealed.

Of that 11, 9 of all were sold between Nov-12 & Feb-13.

If this set follows 10193 which was around for 3 years and sells now with similar numbers, there will be an immediate 20-25% price increase, then it will hold for a while.

In the "olden days" ie, the 1980s the catalogs used to show every set. I wonder how big the catalogs would have to be now to do the same. :)

Guest TabbyBoy

judging by the catalogues I get in the post, it seems like only 25% or less of current sets are listed in it.  Probably just new sets and ones they are trying to get rid of.

• 1 month later...

I have seen a set for 10214 Tower Bridge for sale that does not have any parts noted on the front cover.  I read somewhere this might be a later set (I did not take note of the release year) and the parts not printed due to previous inconsistencies in parts shipped and the fix provided for a previous problem with the instructions by Lego. 

Hoping anyone can confirm:

- This is an official release
- Where this packaging fits in release wise
- If its value is reduced as an investment piece by not having the parts on the cover
- Was there an issue with the original release manual of this product

set1.jpg

Lego original cover:

set2.jpg

Please and thank you.

Q