Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

This thread is kind of a complaint because this set isn't a limited release that doubles or triples your money instantly. Well, grow up and quit hoping for 100%+ gains in a couple months after release and be happy you have some inventory earlier in its production. Then if it does OOS you won't come back to this thread and say, "Wish I kept those." :rant:

This thread is kind of a complaint because this set isn't a limited release that doubles or triples your money instantly. Well, grow up and quit hoping for 100%+ gains in a couple months after release and be happy you have some inventory earlier in its production. Then if it does OOS you won't come back to this thread and say, "Wish I kept those." :rant:

I wished I would have bought more of them after they EOLed, so I just used my LEGO Delorean to go back to the now and tell you that the ExoSuit will be a total winner after EOL!

Now it would be nice if anybody had some plutonium for me because my kids detached the energy converter from the future delorean version and I'm kind of stuck here...

I mean honestly, ES has been a success right after it was sold out pretty fast why shoudn't it be some time (long time) after EOL?

I kept 15 of the 26 of this current Turkey.  I invest plenty of things for the long term.  I do not see the long term appreciation on this one worth overly stocking up on them vs Town Hall, R2, AA and others which I am stockpiling for non immediate gains.

I converted 10 to two R2's.  I would again if I had the choice.

Thanks Dad.  ROFL. :)

I kept 15 of the 26 of this current Turkey.  I invest plenty of things for the long term.  I do not see the long term appreciation on this one worth overly stocking up on them vs Town Hall, R2, AA and others which I am stockpiling for non immediate gains.

I converted 10 to two R2's.  I would again if I had the choice.

Thanks Dad.  ROFL. :)

Yeah if I can get rid of mine for like $60 during christmas I probably will - I think the hype has died down on the set.

In europe they were available all the time since release ;) so yes they are not selling

No they weren't. It's been about 6 weeks or so since they became widely available from LEGO Shop at Home and other retailers, but before that you had to try your luck F5-ing LEGO Shop at Home or stalking BM stores.

But they sold, man, they went like crazy, specially during mid-August after the initiall batch was done. Good times for QFLLs.

Now they don't and it'll stay that way until availability becomes scarce.

Edited by M4x18

Maybe in spain :) both stores near to me had a lot oglf them every time i walked in - ri was sold out online and local

We don't have BM stores, so our only source is LEGO Shop at Home. Having said that, stating that Austria always had them instead of Europe would've been more to the point ;)! Edited by M4x18

Guest TabbyBoy

These are available everywhere in the UK apart from my local kebab shop. I doubt that anything with such huge availability can possibly increase in value before hell freezes over. Most of my family's and friend's kids who love lego don't want this set. I thought it had potential at first but, vast availability has forced me to return all mine. If this is a 5-year post EOL set, money is better spent elsewhere.

These are available everywhere in the UK apart from my local kebab shop. I doubt that anything with such huge availability can possibly increase in value before hell freezes over. Most of my family's and friend's kids who love lego don't want this set. I thought it had potential at first but, vast availability has forced me to return all mine. If this is a 5-year post EOL set, money is better spent elsewhere.

If they intend to sell out the set now, it will have been available for less than 6 months in total - making it a rare set no matter how many were sold in that period. Available everywhere for a very short time (6 months with breaks) is really not worse than as exclusively available for a long time (2 years). Furthermore anectodal evidence for kids not wanting the set while this has been more of an AFOL set from the beginning anyway does not really qualify this as an investment loser now. My guess is that the suit will not make it to 2015, so buying it still sounds like a very good idea to me.

I find it hard to believe this wont be flipable for a tidy profit around the holidays. I'm surprised that people are so down on it because it is coming in stock intermittently on Amazon. That kind of trend is what I look for in a set to flip around the holidays. It's early November, patience.