Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I've seen these on the shelf at walmart and target.  I figured they were online returns, but perhaps they got a shipment in?

Wouldn't the 3 month return window end in early November (well, obviously based on whenever it was ordered)?  Could definitely be some people returning them before it was too late.

Haha I wasn't poo pooing on it, just saying that supply quickly poofed at Amazon. 

It's always a matter of supply and demand. Some BPers have seen these on retail shelves gathering dust, but none where I live except the LEGO store in KC. Those weren't gathering dust, either. If you are lucky enough to live in a locale with good supply (or good WM clearance deals)... well, sell to those without the supply and make your money.

Haha I wasn't poo pooing on it, just saying that supply quickly poofed at Amazon. 

It's been up and down all week at Amazon and was available at RRP for hours at a time yesterday.  The past two LEGO stores I've been to, there were 8-10 Exo on the shelf and no one was touching it.

Our LEGO store here has been out of the set since the first week it was available and no indication when they are getting more soon.

Though over the last weekend I hunted all three of the ToysRuses in the city to track down some Exo Suits. Only one had any left on the shelf and I got the last three. They checked for me and they were expecting a shipment this past Tuesday. I could've gone in the last couple of days but I'm waiting today to go get some because they are releasing the last of the mini-modular sets for Bricktober that goes well with Set 10230. I've already got the firehall, and the Townhall looks great.

Edited by kvasir

Well I had 26 exo suits.  I put 10 on ebay at about $48.99 free ship BIN for a couple of weeks now.  At one time I was the low price I believe.  I only sold one.  This thing short and medium term I think is an absolute dog.  I tried to unload 10 at the $48.99 and take a slight loss or break even on them but they did not even move at that.

So today I returned 10 to Walmart today and got back $370.00 which I am flipping into more TH's or R2's.  I've bought a lot of TH and GE from Walmart lately so I do not feel bad about returning them though I tried to avoid returning them through break even means and that would not even work.  TH or R2 is a much wiser investment in my opinion.

I've got 15 left of the Exo I will hold on for the long term.  I absolutely love the set but and have always been a Space & NASA buff since I was a little kid...

To say the market is saturated is an understatement I think.

• Like 1