Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Thanks. They most likely learned from Mars Rover that these ideas sets are popular. I think the space theme helps it a lot too

I think that the rare minifigures along with the space theme, helps the set. The minifigures are selling for about $12-$13 alone which is around $25 out of the $35 retail price.

So I built this one last night... the first set I've bought just for me since starting my "investment" business. 

I love it. The classic space theme is a plus--I was raised on space as a kid. The suit has lots of intricate little bits, and the book is wonderful. All the boxed-up sets for resale in my garage were starting to weigh on me. I needed this build. 

If anyone is reading, thanks for indulging my fan-boy moment. On to Ecto-1 next. 

So I built this one last night... the first set I've bought just for me since starting my "investment" business. 

I love it. The classic space theme is a plus--I was raised on space as a kid. The suit has lots of intricate little bits, and the book is wonderful. All the boxed-up sets for resale in my garage were starting to weigh on me. I needed this build. 

If anyone is reading, thanks for indulging my fan-boy moment. On to Ecto-1 next. 

Star Wars is space. buy and build 10179! well,ok, used one...

I think that the rare minifigures along with the space theme, helps the set. The minifigures are selling for about $12-$13 alone which is around $25 out of the $35 retail price.

The minifigs are barely selling @ $14 for both shipped on ebay. $6.50 each + shipping on BL.

The minifigs are barely selling @ $14 for both shipped on ebay. $6.50 each + shipping on BL.

I guess I haven't checked the prices in a while. When the Exo Suit was first released, the minifigures were selling for $12 each, not since there are more available, the price has come down.

I just got my first order canceled today.  I originally placed an order for a RI and an Exo, and I got the RI, but my Exo was cancelled.   :banghead:  :banghead:

I guess that "Temporarily out of stock" label on the set means "Totally out of stock." This is only my 3rd Exo, so I'm not afraid of the ban hammer or anything - I think that they just don't have enough and are trying to retire the product.

I just got my first order canceled today.  I originally placed an order for a RI and an Exo, and I got the RI, but my Exo was cancelled.   :banghead:  :banghead:

I guess that "Temporarily out of stock" label on the set means "Totally out of stock." This is only my 3rd Exo, so I'm not afraid of the ban hammer or anything - I think that they just don't have enough and are trying to retire the product.

Shop at Home right?  There is a chance your onto something.  Very interesting.

btw since exo suit is back, what are you feeling investment-wise.

I still really like the exo suit but have not been able to get one until now.

Would you advice to get some as longterm investment?

(I mean they've done pretty well when they've gone OoS so if they behave similar after going EOL...

I just got my first order canceled today. I originally placed an order for a RI and an Exo, and I got the RI, but my Exo was cancelled. :banghead: :banghead:

Retirement of Exo Suit would make so many BP-ers happy

You wanna try calling? It is not unheard of when they cancel stuff by mistake. Exo seem too available for them to go away right now

I concur :D. It's available but via select outlets only but even then it's there in plenty for it to be retired/sold out already.

Some of the lego stores have actually no limit on those. So that does mean there are plenty to be had.

No one really knows.  Based on the history of the Ideas sets, it seems the non-licensed like these 2 have a short life span.  Stocks of the Exo Suit are more plentiful here in the US.  RI seems to only be occasionally available in B&M Lego Stores.  Maybe someone from Canada will chime in about stocks there.