Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

It WAS a pricing error. A discount shows the original price on the page while a pricing error is one that shows just one price, that is also am incorrect one.

ah .. so

all of these are pricing errors and not discounts.

walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-X-Men-vs.-The-Sentinel/36246182

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Starblaster-Showdown/36246203

target:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-surfer-rescue-60011/-/A-14547584#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=lego

Perhaps this is a geeat time to say, "thank you Target and Walmart for being human and making pricing errors on lego sets"

agreed.

i am going to say "thank you target, walmart, tru for being human and making pricing errors on lego sets" so that we can buy it and argue that they were errors but still vocalize that buy and go back and price match the ad. { the tower bridge @ walmart}

ah .. so

all of these are pricing errors and not discounts.

walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-X-Men-vs.-The-Sentinel/36246182

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Starblaster-Showdown/36246203

target:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-surfer-rescue-60011/-/A-14547584#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=lego

agreed.

i am going to say "thank you target, walmart, tru for being human and making pricing errors on lego sets" so that we can buy it and argue that they were errors but still vocalize that buy and go back and price match the ad. { the tower bridge @ walmart}

Here's the difference. Walmart has always been like that. Target has not. Find that on Target's webpage and I'll listen...

Not that your message was to me, but don't count me as a new user or buyer into Lego.  For instance, I bought 30 RI's and 26 Exo's.  Who knew which one would have gone first for sure?  I have won big with the RI's.  I keep stockpiling GE's.  The Exo, well it didn't work out, either I keep them long term or I return them, or flip them to BTTF's, 6862's, Arctic Batman's or something else looking for a 6-12 month flip. I might rather buy and flip tumblers and then buy exo suits later as I want more of my long term cash tied up in more reliable things like the FB's, GE's and SSD's I have.  It is all in strategy and to each his own.  Besides, I have over 300 items in my ebay store.  I like to have large diversity of items offered.  The more items offered the more visitors and repeat visitors to my store from my experience and once there they find something else.  Each person has their own angle and you cannot judge someone as being crazy without knowing the background of their situation.  Some probably are, all are not.

Yes return your exos to buy Superman vs Lex and Arctic Batmans or use the money to be "tied up in more reliable things FB, GE and SSD you already have" That would not be "Crazy" at all

I think most ppl if they could not quick flip would hold long term in the situation you have described or would not have bought in the first place...

Edited by Brickshopper

Yes return your exos to buy Superman vs Lex and Arctic Batmans or use the money to be "tied up in more reliable things FB, GE and SSD you already have" That would not be "Crazy" at all

Peeps ask for advice then try to prove there original way of thinking is the right way ...Other experienced members told you their opinions some made arguments both ways if you have/had so much insight on the topic why ask in the first place? You must admit buyin 20+ of these then debating to return shows some shortsightedness confusion and possibly crazy waste of time. I think most ppl if they could not quick flip would hold long term in the situation you have described or would not have bought in the first place...

I disagree with your comments.

I appreciated all input, buy, sell, hold, etc.

What I did not like was a multiple piling on of comments decrying people's lack of patience. I was assume I was part of that target statement.

If I was not the one anyone was referring to, I apologize completely.

I am not trying to ask advice and twist it into what I want, I genuinely wanted advice.

Advice stating that I am impatient is not helpful advice.

Buy, Sell or Hold and reasons around it are very helpful.

Did I make such a horrible crazy mistake and be short sighted to buy 30 RI's and 26 Exo's, to have massive percentage flip profits on the RI's and return some of the Exo's.  I guess it would have been more productive of my time to buy neither of them but I am good to buy 30 and 26, make a small % bundle on 30 and return some of the 26 and hold the balance long term, or if people really thought it could be in short supply this Christmas, then I could hold all 26.

I've done over 800 posts on this board and I do not think I have ever been derogatory to anyone.

Thanks anyways.

I wanted genuine advice.

I did not want to be told I am impatient.

I have now been told I am impatient, short sighted, crazy and confused.

If you cannot see my logic and my genuine want of advice well I am sorry.

Here's the difference. Walmart has always been like that. Target has not. Find that on Target's webpage and I'll listen...

@Stevenplays: i did in above post.  apparently it was not visible but here are more for you from target

http://www.target.com/p/lego-city-surfer-rescue-60011/-/A-14547584

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-heroes-spider-cycle-chase-76004/-/A-14278718

http://www.target.com/p/lego-castle-forest-ambush-70400/-/A-14547579

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-heroes-superman-vs-power-armor-lex-6862/-/A-13920981

my point is there is clearly no distinction as to which one indicates the discount and which one is a pricing error. all of the set listed above are below MSRP @ target with no reference to MSRP. so based on your interpretation they has to be "pricing errors" which i don't believe they are but again what do i know. may be they are really pricing error that we are all benefiting from.

i would like to mention all prices that are below MSRP as "discounts" rather than "pricing error" for consistency as there is no defined way.

and walmart has not been like that. the other side with MSRP as was and new price as rollback

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Doc-Ock-Truck-Heist-Play-Set/31196223

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Batman-Man-Bat-Attack-Play-Set/31196221

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Captain-America-vs.-Hydra-Play-Set/31196225

Edited by newbie77

First @ Trekgate there is a great deal of sarcasm on this forum so take it in stride. If you have the funds and the space hold and store the exos. I have three but would buy 10 more if funds were available for them.

@Newbie77.

An item that is MSRP $49.99 and marked at $16.48 is a pricing error.

Additionally one that retails for $249.99 and marked at $148 is also a pricing error. Bith of these sets are far from EOL and were not being replaced.

• Like 1

I think that some of us myself included see buying a bunch of something say 30 RI and then returning them all if they can't be quick flipped as damaging to the lego investing community, and could possible lead to changes in return policies, which would hurt us all. I also do not think its completely fair to the stores, or to other customers who may want to purchase the product. As far as discounts versus pricing errors, I think its pretty obvious which is which if all other retailers sell at a certain price and never discount but one time one retailer sold at a large discount for only a very limited time, its probably an error.

• Like 1

First @ Trekgate there is a great deal of sarcasm on this forum so take it in stride. If you have the funds and the space hold and store the exos. I have three but would buy 10 more if funds were available for them.

@Newbie77.

An item that is MSRP $49.99 and marked at $16.48 is a pricing error.

Additionally one that retails for $249.99 and marked at $148 is also a pricing error. Bith of these sets are far from EOL and were not being replaced.

Genuinely appreciated advice.  Thank you.

Newbie don't let the price nit picking effect you.  

I'd take pricing errors any day no matter what they are called.

Glad to have you here.

guys,

please take it into a private group or pm or find a room. :)

seriously though, many of us don't want to read brickbickering posts. 

jaisonline I agree with you completely.

As I said I have done over 800 posts on this board and I do not think I have ever been derogatory to anyone.

I hope others think first before publicizing words to describe other members.

I am done with this topic.

I think that some of us myself included see buying a bunch of something say 30 RI and then returning them all if they can't be quick flipped as damaging to the lego investing community, and could possible lead to changes in return policies, which would hurt us all. I also do not think its completely fair to the stores, or to other customers who may want to purchase the product. As far as discounts versus pricing errors, I think its pretty obvious which is which if all other retailers sell at a certain price and never discount but one time one retailer sold at a large discount for only a very limited time, its probably an error.

I agree. I think returning items because you made the wrong buying decision is unethical. I say sell them at break even or at a loss, get most of your money back, and chalk it up to a lesson learned. 

You can even sell them for about a $7 profit after fees through Amazon FBA right now.

• Like 2

members,

please take it into a private group or pm or find a room. :)

seriously though, many of us don't want to read brickbickering posts. 

if i see more posts, they will be deleted so please, let's not go there.

I am in favor of you deleting the string of posts this one included.

I do not need a lesson in ethics. Give me a break.

I guess people could not read your post.

Please eradicate the whole days string of messages if you would like.

Sheesh.  Name calling again. This time unethical.

I could engage in this but I will not.

Lets do a fresh restart on a question if anyone wants to advise.

I'd like to ask a challenging question.

It is purely speculative like SSD questions.

When do you think the Exo Suit will retire?  Any answer is acceptable.

I'll go first.  It will retire by June of 2015.

I'm thinking this as well--if not sooner.  And once that happens I think we'll see this set appreciate nicely by the end of 2015 and into 2016.  

• Like 1

I returned 6 of these today. Why? Because I had something better to invest in and it turned it to not be as hot as I thought it would be. At this point having 20+ of them is above my risk level. It's asinine to say returning something is unethical as it's an option the store offers its customers. No questions asked returns. If they offer it then how can that be taken advantage of?

• Like 1

Everyone, enough with the ethical this or that. That is not what this site is about and not really what most of us come here to read.  Please keep this on track or the thread will be in danger of being locked for good and I don't want to do that.  Over time, it will be interesting to see what happens with this set. Please think before you hit the submit button to see if it is adding anything of value to the thread before doing so.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Can I ask for your guess/info as to why is the US price dropping for this?

AFAIK it has not come back into stock or available to order from LEGO Shop at Home US, unlike in the EU.

Over here it is going for a wee bit over MSRP because it has been available to order from LEGO Shop at Home from about 10 days ago uninterrupted.