Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

back to TOOS.

I noticed the listing for the Rover is back up there too (as Sold Out). That had been gone for a while, no? Bit strange.

I think he meant available to order but TOOS.

back to TOOS.

edit on. nevermind, had the US shop open instead.

And the Rover thing as well... Not present in LEGO Shop at Home Spain at least.

Just got an ordering for 5 on Shop at Home in Australia. Order status is "Out of stock, expected ship date 30 Sep 2014"

I know these are becoming more readily available in the US but in Australia at least these things are very hard to come by and are selling for a premium on Ebay.

Lego will keep churning this out till Christmas at least, but availability is still going to be limited from time to time.

Mars Rover had a shelf life of four months, this could still be widely stocked, available to Christmas and still retire at the end of the year. It could also do a Delorean on us and be the bane of our lives!

Edited by Crustybeaver

Mars Rover had a shelf life of four months, this could still be widely stocked, available to Christmas and still retire at the end of the year. It could also do a Delorean on us and be the bane of our lives!

That Delorean is going to retire some day and you will be glad you have them. Mark my words.

I found it quite easy explaining to a Dutchman in 2004, that despite Spain winning Euro '08, WC '10 & Euro '12 they would lose their first 2 group games in 2014 and go out of the world cup, the Dutch manager would go onto manage man utd who would be **** by then. Nearing the end of the conversation, following an observation of how the sun was shining through the blinds of the window and establishing with the Dutchman that "Blind" was indeed a Dutch surname not pronounced like "blind" as in the inability to see, there would be a Dutch player called Blind going to Man Utd, he said they hadn't had a player ever called Blind in the Dutch team. I don't know for sure how long 21109 is going to be around but more to the point, I can't convince any who thinks otherwise because a shorter run means more profit for them. And don't Lego know it.....

I found it quite easy explaining to a Dutchman in 2004, that despite Spain winning Euro '08, WC '10 & Euro '12 they would lose their first 2 group games in 2014 and go out of the world cup, the Dutch manager would go onto manage man utd who would be **** by then. Nearing the end of the conversation, following an observation of how the sun was shining through the blinds of the window and establishing with the Dutchman that "Blind" was indeed a Dutch surname not pronounced like "blind" as in the inability to see, there would be a Dutch player called Blind going to Man Utd, he said they hadn't had a player ever called Blind in the Dutch team. I don't know for sure how long 21109 is going to be around but more to the point, I can't convince any who thinks otherwise because a shorter run means more profit for them. And don't Lego know it.....

Lego will keep churning this out till Christmas at least, but availability is still going to be limited from time to time.

I think the point was that your statement reads as fact rather than opinion. It's a good opinion and one that seems to have a lot of potential, but it's still an opinion. The point being made is that waaaay too many folks around these parts state opinions as facts. We all know hotcakes sell, that parking lots are a great place to flip sets and that the Canadian border services folks in BC have better things to do than shake down people bringing home cube-vans full of Legos for their kids, but it is sure is annoying to continually read posts from people who come across as know-it-alls about Lego production when in truth 99.9999% (possibly even 100%) of the people around these parts know very little.

I'll leave you with my own little quote... "Opinions are like ..." Nah, I better not. :)

Note: That last part is meant all in good fun and in no way am I trying to rekindle the North America vs The Rest of the World debate from other threads. :poke:

• Like 1

I just think that whether you are in for 1 or 1hundred of these sets, the summer sales are ending, better short term investments or getting more of a set that has retired or likely to soon still has better legs than this set and there will be loads more on the way, I just checked recent eBay sales in the u.k and the sold prices are not high. I am yet to have funds to buy this set when they have been available, again shop at home has gone to "sold out" but you can still add 5 to your bag to get them at the end of the month. Last time they sold out you could only add to you bag a few days after, if it happens again chances are a small window will appear next month too. Lego must be making thousand of these and I think it will affect the production in numbers in other sets, with some going eol sooner.

Alright guys, don't take this as fact, but just as a grain of salt.

My personal opinion is that this set and the RI will come back in stock briefly on LEGO Shop at Home on September 6 when they ship out the rest of the backordered RIs and Exos.  I think that this set will be available on LEGO Shop at Home for at least a week, but I think that the RI will sell out sooner.

Again, that's just my own opinion.  The only part that is concrete is that the expected ship date for the RIs and Exos is September 6th.  I could be completely wrong, so don't take my opinion and run with it and sell all the RIs and Exos you have.

My personal opinion is that this set and the RI will come back in stock briefly on LEGO Shop at Home on September 6 when they ship out the rest of the backordered RIs and Exos.  I think that this set will be available on LEGO Shop at Home for at least a week, but I think that the RI will sell out sooner.

Again, that's just my own opinion.  The only part that is concrete is that the expected ship date for the RIs and Exos is September 6th.  I could be completely wrong, so don't take my opinion and run with it and sell all the RIs and Exos you have.

FWIW, quite a few of us in the US already had ours ship starting Tuesday, myself included.

Edited by TJ488

The money has been made on RI and when they ship their next production lines its going to return to regular price levels. For such a small cheap set you can bet they are going to churn out thousands before the holidays, same with all the minecraft sets.  Anyone who has those RI sets should sell or trade them as fast as possible. There were dozens of articles only weeks ago regarding the RI sets so obviously Lego is going to produce them in droves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/06/05/lego-will-finally-make-female-characters-with-science-jobs/

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12104/20140804/lego-makes-science-kit-more-girl-friendly.htm

The money has been made on RI and when they ship their next production lines its going to return to regular price levels. For such a small cheap set you can bet they are going to churn out thousands before the holidays, same with all the minecraft sets.  Anyone who has those RI sets should sell or trade them as fast as possible. There were dozens of articles only weeks ago regarding the RI sets so obviously Lego is going to produce them in droves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/06/05/lego-will-finally-make-female-characters-with-science-jobs/

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12104/20140804/lego-makes-science-kit-more-girl-friendly.htm

General consensus is that RI is done after LEGO finishes filling the backorders.  Exo on the other hand, is pretty widely available, with more rounds coming.

Edited by TJ488

Who's consensus, Reseller or Lego :rofl:

Well, RI has always been "Sold Out" at SAH USA since the first week.  Exo has been "Temporarily out of stock", with a constant stream going to Amazon, Target.com, Walmart.com, etc. and more available at the end of September at SAH outside the USA.  If LEGO wanted to make more RI (other than this current batch to cover the backorders), they could have easily done so instead of making tens of thousands of Exos.