Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9afynYqB8

Man, before he even does anything you know that guy on the balance beam is doomed.

Interesting video. One thing I noticed...almost every one of those clips was a dude. Perhaps it's in our male DNA to poorly execute stupid acts of daredevilism (I just made that up). Or perhaps women are just much better at doing back flips than we are.

Interesting video. One thing I noticed...almost every one of those clips was a dude. Perhaps it's in our male DNA to poorly execute stupid acts of daredevilism (I just made that up). Or perhaps women are just much better at doing back flips than we are.

Whatever it is, we need to even it up, this inequality just isn't fair.

clearly you do not watch Lucha Libre wrestling.

I'd have to say most anyone is better at doing backflips than me.  Something about landing on my head gives me a mental block.

• Like 1

Why is everyone down on this set?

Its already at $55 on ebay and it seems out of stock everywhere.

I know there will be more coming but could it not go out of stock at Christmas and perform great

is it about $6 for shipping these east to west coast?

then @55 one is barely making cost of 34.99+tax right?

newbie77 you are right.  do not get me wrong. at that I would make $5 pretax on each.  I am more meaning people are fleeing it, canceling orders, returning them.

Lego investing is not an overnight automatic guarantee yet everyone wants it to be.  I am meaning that I have 26 of them and I do not think when it is out of stock at the moment everywhere and Christmas is not here surely I could unload them and break even.  Some lego sets that is not the case.  I just think people are too down on this set.  It may take time to make bigger gains but it is not a loser out of the gate.

Why is everyone down on this set?

Its already at $55 on ebay and it seems out of stock everywhere.

I know there will be more coming but could it not go out of stock at Christmas and perform great

$10 from coast to coast after online discount via USPS Priority Mail, without insurance.  And those ones at $55-56 are only selling when they have free S/****, so if you paid $34.99 and no tax, you'd only be making $2.50-3.50, unless the buyer lived closer (or breaking even with tax).  Oh well, we're all stuck waiting to see how the stock levels will pan out...but I know I won't be buying more unless I can get them for under $35 :)

And for the record, I mentioned returning my Target order earlier.  That's because I got my fix with my Walmart order...no reason to pay $5/each more.

newbie77 you are right.  do not get me wrong. at that I would make $5 pretax on each.  I am more meaning people are fleeing it, canceling orders, returning them.

Lego investing is not an overnight automatic guarantee yet everyone wants it to be.  I am meaning that I have 26 of them and I do not think when it is out of stock at the moment everywhere and Christmas is not here surely I could unload them and break even.  Some lego sets that is not the case.  I just think people are too down on this set.  It may take time to make bigger gains but it is not a loser out of the gate.

i think this is when its going to make it worse and we will see delorean in the making.

initial shortage because too many people buying hoping to cash in and creating shortage forcing TLG to make more and then people returning. (so far we haven't seen evidence of new run in US. )

but we all have to adapt to these situation i guess.

i am sure in the long term this would have good future but lets hope that its not 2 years down the line rather 3-6 months. the initial glut also pulled me in the trap. so i have a quite a lot of these in stock.

i have no intention of returning these or for that matter i have never returned any lego sets that i have purchased for selling.

Nope, men are just dumb a lot of the time. Its testosterone. To impress women.

Vicious cycle.

I dont care what happens with this set your all thinking to much. This isnt short term investing get over it. Dont invest in what you dont care about. Lego probably sitting back laughing at all this these guys freaking out over a 35 dollar set. Just wait it out speculation is just that.

Anyone remember watching Jackass as a kid? And then every single one of us went out and jumped off a deck, or tried to do a backflip on a scooter, or tried to jump a moving car.

So many broken bones...

As a kid? Seriously?  I was in my 30's when I discovered CKY and Jackass came along shortly afterward. Before that it was "Crusty Demons of Dirt".

• Like 2

Yep... and will bring in even more noobs like me into the field

NMM you are not the typical noob.

That is a high compliment by the way.

I'm prepared if this line flops to build all 26 sets I have and have an Avatar like mech attack on a defenseless planet.

Only this time the humans and mech's will win.

• Like 1