Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Im only a collector. I don't buy to invest. At first this set was not on my radar, but I decided to buy one from target before I lose my chance to buy it.

When I got out of my dark ages, it was at the time 41999 had just come out and I didn't know about it until it was way to late. I don't want to lose another opportunity like that again.

more stock in uk shops - not sure about this set to make a profit on?

The fact that around ~1700 were sold by Walmart.com when it was virtually impossible to find on the site without a direct link tells me that most of them were scooped up by resellers.  That's 1700 more listings to compete with on the secondary market and that doesn't figure in Target's big batch, TRU's big batch, Amazon's smaller but frequent batches, etc.  People are hoping that this ends up like RI, but the two are nothing alike.

The fact that around ~1700 were sold by Walmart.com when it was virtually impossible to find on the site without a direct link tells me that most of them were scooped up by resellers. That's 1700 more listings to compete with on the secondary market and that doesn't figure in Target's big batch, TRU's big batch, Amazon's smaller but frequent batches, etc. People are hoping that this ends up like RI, but the two are nothing alike.

I agree but if it performs similar to the rover then who can argue?

The fact that around ~1700 were sold by Walmart.com when it was virtually impossible to find on the site without a direct link tells me that most of them were scooped up by resellers.  That's 1700 more listings to compete with on the secondary market and that doesn't figure in Target's big batch, TRU's big batch, Amazon's smaller but frequent batches, etc.  People are hoping that this ends up like RI, but the two are nothing alike.

we in the US know very well the difference between exo-suit and RI. which market they are catering to and what's in the play.

wild card at this moment is how big the TLG production batch!

if i am interpreting the signs correctly it seems to me that TLG is still producing exo-suit but its still not a massive run. still a controlled/limited production.

in the case of RI its completely clear that they are not producing any more. rather they are diverting stocks around the globe to fulfill/backorder. Reason i say this is, if they were to make another batch (or were making another batch then)  it would have already at least hit TRU by now. Since, exo which got OOS at the same time seems to be getting rather large push into the market via various retailers.

Until we get a new catalog, we won't know how this set compares with the Rover, which was marked as "limited."  

my personal feeling is this set is not going to be as limited as "Rover". this is much more widely available and distributed.

"Rover" and "RI" seems to be similar in terms of distribution and availability.

Exosuit out of stock at Target now

Glad I got one when I got the chance.  I generally don't have problems with resellers.  I just get frustrated when a set comes out and sells out within a short amount of time.  I don't always have the luxury of checking every couples minutes for a deal and to buy everything out.  That's my only problem.  I have bought from resellers before, like all the past winter village sets.  I don't have control for being in my dark ages when these sets retired.  That's pretty much my deal. 

Again, resellers have their place. And at times I'm very happy people stocked these sets. 

just a word of caution to folks running to hoard this set in anticipation of quick flip and large return. please please do your homework and do not overextend yourself with credit. also please do have an exit plan for all sets you purchase. { why i say this is fire-sale of any set hurts all of the involved party alike, }

this set unlike RI is not going to be quick flip and money maker. in the longer term it does have its potential but no where close to ROVER and/or RI.

its already priced very competitively @ amazon. i don't follow ebay so much so` i don't know about the pricing there but at my last check the selling price of this set @ amazon was literally @ cost of $34.95+tax.

again, please don't take it as me being pedantic preacher. but i do realize how hard its to control that urge to buy lego :) ... hence thought i should put this out :) as a voice of common-sense

There's only 123 days left until Christmas. It should and hopefully will be oos by then. That means money!

I hope it's not out of stock around Christmas.  The demand is there, so this set will most likely be on a bunch of people's gift list.

I would like to flip mine and I need oos for a profit. It's going to be hot this year.

i hope you are right. and also TLG don't produce third batch :) will be good to know what the TARGET and WALMART exo seal reads. beside the validation of Second Batch.... hope they will also give us the duration of the run. 1-2-3 week?