Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

the sets you all are getting are the last pallets of the initial production ...

My bad, I thought you were talking about the ones we are able to order right now. That's what happens when post are not read sequentially.

And yes, the ones that are shipping now should be from the first run.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

only if the date codes are significantly higher than 20 and 21 there will be proof of the second run. so far all the ones i have are from the first run. i think there might been 19 too (not sure)

With 4 or 5 weeks between the codes, wouldn't this be considered another run? So far I have only read Lego officially stating more are "on the way", not that more were being made, so who knows what could happen.

With 4 or 5 weeks between the codes, wouldn't this be considered another run? So far I have only read Lego officially stating more are "on the way", not that more were being made, so who knows what could happen.

few week difference would make it another run however it would have to be a run after 8/1 (31_4) when they actually went on sale. i will double check the numbers on my sets. i have a feeling the 20-21 came from someone else's previous posts and 19 from my ssd, not from the actual numbers on my sets :) will repost later today after thorough investigation. there might be different run codes for different markets (depending which factory made them) as well.

few week difference would make it another run however it would have to be a run after 8/1 (31_4) when they actually went on sale. i will double check the numbers on my sets. i have a feeling the 20-21 came from someone else's previous posts and 19 from my ssd, not from the actual numbers on my sets :) will repost later today after thorough investigation. there might be different run codes for different markets (depending which factory made them) as well.

most of what i have are 20s4 and 21s4, the most recent from a backorder has 24s4 on it. i think its all the same initial run as the date codes predate the release date of 8/1 and are pretty close to each other. may be becuase they are sourced from different regions shifted to meet demand hence the small gap between dates. if you see anything with the 30+ on the seal it most likely means they made more after the initial wave.

(Stupid?) question : if sets appared yesterday were a second run... Wouyldn't they be ready to deliver immediately (and not at the end of september)?

Not necessarily, second run might have been approved, they still have to manufacture and pack the sets. But since they know how many they'll produce, they can go ahead and sell them with that expected ship date.

• Like 1

Not necessarily, second run might have been approved, they still have to manufacture and pack the sets. But since they know how many they'll produce, they can go ahead and sell them with that expected ship date.

If they know how many they'll product... Why it goes sold out so quickly....?

Guest TabbyBoy

If they know how many they'll product... Why it goes sold out so quickly....?

They just underestimated - it's happened a lot and will happen again which is good for the quick flippers.  It's better for a company to produce to few rather than too many that they can't shift and have to sell at a discount/loss.