Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

It's 8:20 am here in Spain :)

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Ah, nice. I assumed by the profile picture of the Cleveland Indian Mascott, I assumed you were from Cleveland. My bad.

Sent from an apple device; all misspelling are from the doing of autocorrect.

Doubtful. The getting banned thing is more myth then fact. Ill continue to order grand emporiums

whats the frequency and quantity you order? i have been spacing my same set purchases months apart 1-2 units at a time (for limit 5). sometimes my orders would take longer to be processed out of customer service with some canceled for no reason. GFs account had no such issues and everything (identical orders) would process almost immediately as it has much less "mileage" on it.

Seems to be the next run:-(

At the Moment the prices are dropping very hard.At least Herr in Germany....

same thing in US. from what i see in amazon

lowest selling price

45.99+7.48=53.47*.85-6(shipping)=39.45

unless it was bought @ TRU for 24.99 people are literally selling it for just the vip points and/or 5%

Amazon may be business geniuses. They make money on the primary and secondary markets. Their primary market profit is fixed. And they make 15% off the secondary market they supply.

So, why would they ever want to supply to folks other than the secondary market? Selling direct to end customers only limits their profit on a set.

Selling in bursts that only resellers are likely to benefit from is the way to source them. Not sure about the limits, however, since resellers are the only ones likely to take advantage of purchasing multiple sets. Maybe the limits are their way of supplying enough different resellers to ensure that there is a steady stream of amazon market sellers instead of the one who buys 100 sets and sells them on ebay or just sits on them.

Similarly for RI, as long as they can make more money on a secondary market sale versus risking devaluing secondary market prices by offering primary market sales, do they even have an incentive to sell the RI on the primary market at this time?

A test will be to see what comes first. A drop in secondary prices followed by large availability from amazon alone or does amazon open up the gates at the first sign of other retailers stocking up. This assumes they have plenty if stock on hand instead of getting a hundred at a time -- the latter seems unlikely given how production runs are done and probably shipped on full pallets to amazon distribution centers.

Just thinking out loud here.

• Like 1

Amazon may be business geniuses. They make money on the primary and secondary markets. Their primary market profit is fixed. And they make 15% off the secondary market they supply.

So, why would they ever want to supply to folks other than the secondary market? Selling direct to end customers only limits their profit on a set.

Selling in bursts that only resellers are likely to benefit from is the way to source them. Not sure about the limits, however, since resellers are the only ones likely to take advantage of purchasing multiple sets. Maybe the limits are their way of supplying enough different resellers to ensure that there is a steady stream of amazon market sellers instead of the one who buys 100 sets and sells them on ebay or just sits on them.

Similarly for RI, as long as they can make more money on a secondary market sale versus risking devaluing secondary market prices by offering primary market sales, do they even have an incentive to sell the RI on the primary market at this time?

A test will be to see what comes first. A drop in secondary prices followed by large availability from amazon alone or does amazon open up the gates at the first sign of other retailers stocking up. This assumes they have plenty if stock on hand instead of getting a hundred at a time -- the latter seems unlikely given how production runs are done and probably shipped on full pallets to amazon distribution centers.

Just thinking out loud here.

I actually managed to get 2 from Amazon at their retail price before it sold out, and they arrived completely smashed. Amazon lost money in my case because they had to send me 2 from their resellers and credit me back the price difference. They would have definitely preferred to send me 2 replacements if it was an option cause it cost them a lot more money the way they did it. I ended up getting the sets for practically free in the end after their credits. I really believe they are currently OOS cause last I heard they were waiting on a shipment to come in but had no info on when it would.