Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

So with the Exo Suit showing up on other store sites/shelves other than Lego, is it best to sell off extras you bought for short term investments now while it's new and hot before the next wave around October? Or hold onto them awhile longer for the holiday season? I have a few I keep for long term, but I also have some I want to sell short term.

My local TRU manager in charge of the Lego department said that it's a new product and will take a little while to show up, but will eventually.

next wave next run ... all rumors until the day we actually see it.

all up to you ...

So with the Exo Suit showing up on other store sites/shelves other than Lego, is it best to sell off extras you bought for short term investments now while it's new and hot before the next wave around October? Or hold onto them awhile longer for the holiday season? I have a few I keep for long term, but I also have some I want to sell short term.

My local TRU manager in charge of the Lego department said that it's a new product and will take a little while to show up, but will eventually.

I've heard managers say they will be showing up soon to and to keep checking back periodically but I don't think they know what they are talking about. Any new set release, tru has it in stock at least 2 weeks early and they had nothing this go around. So I don't believe it's going to be hitting b&m

I'm not sure... I'm really new to Lego and investing just this year. My dark ages just ended this past spring and now I'm obsessed with building my collection. :) I only discovered the investment potential when I stumbled across 6 sets in a local craigslist Lot and picked up cause they looked cool. I got Grand Carousel, Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Fire Brigade, and Winter Village Toy Shop for a total of $1300, and later found out what they're worth! Though I couldn't resist building the fire brigade.

I don't have disposable funds to have sitting in investments right now as a graduate student, so I was really interested in turning them around short term perhaps over the holiday season to fund more Legos (and pay for my copies of the sets). What would most people do with the set on here?

Wow, that was a neat pickup.

I'm not sure... I'm really new to Lego and investing just this year. My dark ages just ended this past spring and now I'm obsessed with building my collection. :) I only discovered the investment potential when I stumbled across 6 sets in a local craigslist Lot and picked up cause they looked cool. I got Grand Carousel, Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Fire Brigade, and Winter Village Toy Shop for a total of $1300, and later found out what they're worth! Though I couldn't resist building the fire brigade.

I don't have disposable funds to have sitting in investments right now as a graduate student, so I was really interested in turning them around short term perhaps over the holiday season to fund more Legos (and pay for my copies of the sets). What would most people do with the set on here?

From an investing standpoint, I would probably sell all now except the Fire Brigade and maybe the Toy Shop, since the others have matured. But you built the Fire Brigade, so that's not a consideration anymore. I would probably hold on to Toy Shop another year. They can all go up more, of course, but you would make great profits now and all of those sets, sans the Fire Brigade, have been retired for years.

That said, what I would ACTUALLY do is keep one of each of those that I didn't have in my collection. Fantastic sets. Don't regret offloading these sets later! Seriously consider what you want to keep or sell.

From an investing standpoint, I would probably sell all now except the Fire Brigade and maybe the Toy Shop, since the others have matured. But you built the Fire Brigade, so that's not a consideration anymore. I would probably hold on to Toy Shop another year. They can all go up more, of course, but you would make great profits now and all of those sets, sans the Fire Brigade, have been retired for years.

That said, what I would ACTUALLY do is keep one of each of those that I didn't have in my collection. Fantastic sets. Don't regret offloading these sets later! Seriously consider what you want to keep or sell.

Can I ask what you would do with extra Exo Suits? I got a few extra as gifts and bought extra myself. I was thinking of holding onto 1 long term, but for short term do you think they're at their peak for this year right now while it's hot and new? Or do you think it'll go up a little around Xmas?

Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking of selling the sets I decide not to keep around Nov/Dec this year for the holiday season. At least that's what some Lego AFOLs told me to do, wait until at least Oct to start selling. Definitely keeping Fire Brigade since it's already in my Lego display. :P

It's not one per household it's 1 per order. I have place 7 orders now for exos all using the same address same vip account and same debit card.

you must be lucky, as most of us would have been booted already, or at least had our orders cancelled after the prolonged period in "customer service" purgatory