Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Weren't there 2 or 3 production runs of the rover as well and kind of the same M.O. of being relatively hard to get but not impossible, sometimes showing up at TRU but never in B&M stores in the US etc?  I wonder if they are basically copying exactly the plan of what they did with the rover on the exo suit as well?  It seems like if there was a plan to mass produce this delorean style they wouldn't be using a sold out tag at all, unless they are wise and know that works us panic buyers into a frenzy!

Weren't there 2 or 3 production runs of the rover as well and kind of the same M.O. of being relatively hard to get but not impossible, sometimes showing up at TRU but never in B&M stores in the US etc? I wonder if they are basically copying exactly the plan of what they did with the rover on the exo suit as well? It seems like if there was a plan to mass produce this delorean style they wouldn't be using a sold out tag at all, unless they are wise and know that works us panic buyers into a frenzy!

There are reports of exos being found in B&M TRU stores in Canada and the US.

Weren't there 2 or 3 production runs of the rover as well and kind of the same M.O. of being relatively hard to get but not impossible, sometimes showing up at TRU but never in B&M stores in the US etc?  I wonder if they are basically copying exactly the plan of what they did with the rover on the exo suit as well?  It seems like if there was a plan to mass produce this delorean style they wouldn't be using a sold out tag at all, unless they are wise and know that works us panic buyers into a frenzy!

If exo was not available in Target and Amazon, then it would have looked very similar to Rovers. Another difference - very few Lego B&M stores had Rovers on hand (if any)

If exo was not available in Target and Amazon, then it would have looked very similar to Rovers. Another difference - very few Lego B&M stores had Rovers on hand (if any)

IIRC, a member posted that they found some Rovers at a Lego B&M store. That is the only instance I heard of that a Rover was found in a store. The Exo Suit is very different. It seems like Lego gave its stores a shipment of the exos, and also gave Amazon and Target a few shipments, while leaving the rest of them to be sold on LEGO Shop at Home. That's my theory at least.

IIRC, a member posted that they found some Rovers at a Lego B&M store. That is the only instance I heard of that a Rover was found in a store. The Exo Suit is very different. It seems like Lego gave its stores a shipment of the exos, and also gave Amazon and Target a few shipments, while leaving the rest of them to be sold on LEGO Shop at Home. That's my theory at least.

Also to TrU Canada. I picked up 6 at one store, then went to another TrU and they had 15 Exos and 15 RIs unpacked that day. I left the Exos and decided on picking up all the RIs. Fingers crossed it was the right decision.

Rovers were in both B&M Lego stores and Legoland stores here in Toronto back in the winter.

So with the Exo Suit showing up on other store sites/shelves other than Lego, is it best to sell off extras you bought for short term investments now while it's new and hot before the next wave around October? Or hold onto them awhile longer for the holiday season? I have a few I keep for long term, but I also have some I want to sell short term.

My local TRU manager in charge of the Lego department said that it's a new product and will take a little while to show up, but will eventually.

I'm not sure... I'm really new to Lego and investing just this year. My dark ages just ended this past spring and now I'm obsessed with building my collection. :) I only discovered the investment potential when I stumbled across 6 sets in a local craigslist Lot and picked up cause they looked cool. I got Grand Carousel, Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, Fire Brigade, and Winter Village Toy Shop for a total of $1300, and later found out what they're worth! Though I couldn't resist building the fire brigade.

I don't have disposable funds to have sitting in investments right now as a graduate student, so I was really interested in turning them around short term perhaps over the holiday season to fund more Legos (and pay for my copies of the sets). What would most people do with the set on here?