Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Wish i could help :( personally checked literally every TRU In the West GTA to Hamilton, no dice. Don't think any of them even got any. Sherway Lego store has nothing (checked yesterday) the couple i did manage to get was from the Discovery Centre on Aug 1st, since then haven't seen anything, but always hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

surprisingly, if I remember correctly...I noticed a lot of Suits at Discovery Centre but no RI in early Aug.  Can you confirm Sandwraithx157?  There were easily 30-40 Suits on the shelf back than.  Could have been cleared out and have somewhat of a 'strangle hold' on local flipping market for small margins.   

Next time you're up there and plan to make a big purchase, might be worth while to get the annual membership and than save 10% off all purchases for 1 yr.  Pretty similar to 2x vip pts and no worries about ban hammer.  30 day refund/exchange policy.  You might end up saving a bit of money by the end of the year.  I know the savings from buying SSD, GEs, Suits etc there has already paid for my membership in less than 2months .           

Saw RI at the Vaughan Mills TRU 2 wks ago...none on the shelve last weekend so all gone.  Good luck on your search. 

Do you have Orc Forge?  Willing to do a trade, my Exo Suits :) 2 for 2.     

Very enterprising of you. I have 7 orc forges so I can definitely spare 2, thanks. I work downtown at Union but can meet at any GO or TTC subway station.

I was actually supposed to go to that store 2 weekends ago but the my son decided against it last minute. I guess that will just mean less spending on his birthday.  ;)

gregpj, yup...lots of Ecto-1's everywhere.  Great looking set and want one obviously but since it's so common (currently) there's no rush.  Sorry to be off topic but looks like it might go the way of the Delorean... 

I bought my Ecto-1 from a local toy store that sells Lego to support them. They're rumored to be getting Exos and RIs. I think it's an awesome set, but yeah with the Hollywood angle like BTTF, I'm figuring it'll be around for a while.

surprisingly, if I remember correctly...I noticed a lot of Suits at Discovery Centre but no RI in early Aug.  Can you confirm Sandwraithx157?  There were easily 30-40 Suits on the shelf back than.  Could have been cleared out and have somewhat of a 'strangle hold' on local flipping market for small margins.      

Correct. I do not recall seeing any RI's on the shelf at discovery centre. Ample Suits though, but i didn't pick up nearly as many as i should have.

Kicking myself for not thinking to just walk across the hall and check the TRU Aug 1st for the RI's you saw :(

Sandwrithx157, I think an early bird/savvy investor could of walked away with 40 Suits and maybe 10-20 RI that weekend at one location :)  Takes a bit of guts also to fork out +$2000 hedging it'll be limited for awhile and flip it.  Just like the Rover situation.  As they say, no guts no glory.  My tolerance for risk is much lower so I just buy lower amounts. 

Sandwrithx157, I think an early bird/savvy investor could of walked away with 40 Suits and maybe 10-20 RI that weekend at one location :)  Takes a bit of guts also to fork out +$2000 hedging it'll be limited for awhile and flip it.  Just like the Rover situation.  As they say, no guts no glory.  My tolerance for risk is much lower so I just buy lower amounts. 

I'd pull that trigger no problem. My son's present is getting smaller the more I think of this.  :)