Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

That's 25 Exo sets... That's 25x$35 = $875... Why would you do that? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! xD

Why not? Different investing strokes for different folks. Additionally, this is a decent set to part currently (and for the past week) based on limited availability. Jojo is essentially running an a 21109 Exo Suit chop shop. Any least he's not parting out the suit itself :)

Personally, I'm don't part out sets but it can be profitable if done correctly and with good luck invoked.

• Like 1

ain't no chinese fakes there at all

I haven't been following how much the figs are going for or those for your own collection? If I needed Exos I would trade some of my Rovers for some of your Exos. ;)

So we are pretty sure more Exo sets are coming at $35. Just don't know for how long and where.

If target.com should restock today at $40 each, anyone biting even with the 5% ($2) RedCard discount?

Hopefully Target gets enought to fill all their BO from 8/4 and 8/6. I believe the FTC allows them to cancel the orders 30 days after they sent the BO email notice.

Why not? Different investing strokes for different folks. Additionally, this is a decent set to part currently (and for the past week) based on limited availability. Jojo is essentially running an a 21109 Exo Suit chop shop. Any least he's not parting out the suit itself :)

Personally, I'm don't part out sets but it can be profitable if done correctly and with good luck invoked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing him at all, if he wants to part them - assuming he's parting them and not keeping these minifigs to be a part of an awesome Space station - it's ok. I guess he did math and just went for it.

. Hopefully Target gets enought to fill all their BO from 8/4 and 8/6. I believe the FTC allows them to cancel the orders 30 days after they sent the BO email notice.

I think that is why we haven't seem listed for sale anymore at target.com. They are catching up with any new shipments from Lego.

Darn, I should have bought more on Aug 1 from target but I honestly didn't want too be too greedy. Being too greedy usually brings bad karma : what goes around comes around. I didn't want to risk my order getting canceled or placed into "development hell" for 30 days. Plus my approach allowed others to buy some.

I was lucky to buy 1 from Lego and 2 from amazon to go along with my target lot. I ended up flipping all but 2 of mine since I think more are coming.

By the way, this was my FIRST EVER flip on a newly released set. I started in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing him at all, if he wants to part them - assuming he's parting them and not keeping these minifigs to be a part of an awesome Space station - it's ok. I guess he did math and just went for it.

Yeah, I hope this was a "before" picture. If he posts an after picture, it should be of the same background but without any Exo Suits and minifigs. The flipping and parting out windows are prob closing little by little as we type.

I think that is why we haven't seem listed for sale anymore at target.com. They are catching up with any new shipments from Lego.

Darn, I should have bought more on Aug 1 from target but I honestly didn't want too be too greedy. Being too greedy usually brings bad karma : what goes around comes around. I didn't want to risk my order getting canceled or placed into "development hell" for 30 days. Plus my approach allowed others to buy some.

I was lucky to buy 1 from Lego and 2 from amazon to go along with my target lot. I ended up flipping all but 2 of mine since I think more are coming.

By the way, this was my FIRST EVER flip on a newly released set. I started in 2012.

You missed out on Architecture Studio the first time around?

Yeah, I hope this was a "before" picture. If he posts an after picture, it should be of the same background but without any Exo Suits and minifigs. The flipping and parting out windows are prob closing little by little as we type.

Well, at least over here in the EU, I guess that it is only starting. We don't have too many sources to get this aside LEGO Shop at Home. Currently on eBay there are only 7 listings. Prices of sold sets have spiked from a little bit over 50

ain't no chinese fakes there at all

That's a lot of Chinese fakes!

We need GhostDad and Stackables to confirm if Jojo has "Bo Bo" minifigs. .

They might be the closest we have to a counterfeit FBI agents on BP. I fact, I secretly took a picture using a "fake" iPhone last while they were in action.

post-3743-0-25870000-1407934416.jpg

You missed out on Architecture Studio the first time around?

Yes, I missed that along with others. Instead of buying 41999s, I bought many DeLoreans that I didn't flip. Ugh on both Aug 1, 2013 sets. I was 0-2 that month.

Honestly, I'm just not a "just released set" flipper like I wasn't a day trader with stocks. Not my cup of tea, I like to buy and hold. However, I couldn't resist flipping the Exo Suit sets which knowing my luck, will come back and bite me.

I do flip retired sets all the time though.