Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

The funny thing is MD is a big state yet myself emazers and Holleman all live within 5 miles of each other. Exciter comes through and told me a deal at Kmart that was on the other side of MD. Not worth drive. Besides all three of us have for the most part of never were clearence hunters.

It seems a shame that the exo-suit designer only had the privilege of seeing his set in the store for one day before the shelves were cleared. If it was me I probably visit every Lego store in the country just to see my creation in another setting. I'd be a bit put out if I designed a set, went through all the stages only to see the set not reach it's full potential. Does the designer still get 1%? Not sure what this does for the image of the whole "ideas" thing. Design a st so good it sells out first day, on the other hand, if Lego don't put it out longer it doesn't show much commitment from them.

It seems a shame that the exo-suit designer only had the privilege of seeing his set in the store for one day before the shelves were cleared. If it was me I probably visit every Lego store in the country just to see my creation in another setting. I'd be a bit put out if I designed a set, went through all the stages only to see the set not reach it's full potential. Does the designer still get 1%? Not sure what this does for the image of the whole "ideas" thing. Design a st so good it sells out first day, on the other hand, if Lego don't put it out longer it doesn't show much commitment from them.

According to the terms in the Lego Ideas page:

• 1% of the total net sales of the product (this includes projects featuring original models based on third-party intellectual property such as a game, TV show, or movie).

I would guess that the designer would get the 1%, but it doesn't seem like a lot to begin with.

According to the terms in the Lego Ideas page:

• 1% of the total net sales of the product (this includes projects featuring original models based on third-party intellectual property such as a game, TV show, or movie).
I would guess that the designer would get the 1%, but it doesn't seem like a lot to begin with.
Net. Sales probably not. If they make 10,000 at $35 msrp you are talking $350,000 gross which you would take generously 30% for costs to build, design, manufacture, marketing, labor, materials and you're left with $245,000. 1% would net the designer $2450. Yippe!

Edited thanks to martinp for correcting my 3rd grade math error. Haha just finished working out and I'm fried, hence the error!

I love bpers, quick to help the slow people out

Net. Sales probably not. If they make 10,000 at $35 msrp you are talking $35,000 gross which you would take generously 30% for costs to build, design, manufacture, marketing, labor, materials and you're left with $24,500. 1% would net the designer $245. Yippe!

I think you did your math incorrectly. If Lego makes 10,000 units at $35 msrp, you would get $350,000, not $35,000. That would mean that the designer would get $2,450 which is decent.

I think you did your math incorrectly. If Lego makes 10,000 units at $35 msrp, you would get $350,000, not $35,000. That would mean that the designer would get $2,450 which is decent.

Nice equations....

You can see why the delorian fella let his share go to charity... I think it's more about prestige than money in any case... But money's good too.

The only idea I've had is to build the police van chased by the lorry load of joker goons in TDK (or whatever the scene is with the the tumbler) Similar to your standard vehicles I guess, so not too original and maybe not to everyone's taste as it would be dark with fiendish goons with heavy artillery...