Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I did sell the exo suit for $100 here and people are jealous perhaps. All I did was go to TRU, pick a bunch up, then resell here. No illegal activities here. Anyways, I'm out of exo suits here and have some back in Baltimore. No need for me to come to this thread until I get back.

Nah, don't go anywhere. I'm a little jealous you sold them for $100, but reality is good for you. It's just the way it goes and I don't begrudge you for it at all. I'm in a much smaller market (700k vs 2.6 million) so it's harder to unload sets for a good price locally. There aren't as meaning people buying them from the stores or resellers in my city.

I know for a fact my local TRU had 8 exos sitting on the shelves yesterday (saw them with mine own eyes) but I only picked up one. I just can't justify the risk at the moment.

• Like 1

We need a thread to reminisce in at least. I really miss those threads where a certain member would buy every piece of clearance he could then the next day post regretful pictures of his way too full house and wonder what happened.

Or the boastful tales of returning mountains of product to the LEGO just to "stick it to the man" because ponytail wouldn't help him out.

Tears are welling up in my eyes.

Yes, I'm piggybacking off my company budget. Free gas and car and I get that benefit throughout North America.

Door to door, border to border, post to post, parking lot to parking lot, frying pan to drowned in butter & syrup, resellers cannot be stopped!

funny-pictures-3.jpg

• Like 3

Lego store at Downtown Disney had about 6 last night.  I left them there. :) Went back a few hours later, just to check, and they were gone.

Guess my gut told me these will be available for a while, the only reason to pick one up now would be to quick flip.  Honestly $48 + shipping isn't enough room to make that worthwhile.

Hopefully didn't pass on a $100 set that I will never see again!!!!! 

Lego store at Downtown Disney had about 6 last night.  I left them there. :) Went back a few hours later, just to check, and they were gone.

Guess my gut told me these will be available for a while, the only reason to pick one up now would be to quick flip.  Honestly $48 + shipping isn't enough room to make that worthwhile.

Hopefully didn't pass on a $100 set that I will never see again!!!!!

"Temporarily out of stock" does mean it will be back, at least at LEGO Shop at Home.

Nah, don't go anywhere. I'm a little jealous you sold them for $100, but reality is good for you. It's just the way it goes and I don't begrudge you for it at all. I'm in a much smaller market (700k vs 2.6 million) so it's harder to unload sets for a good price locally. There aren't as meaning people buying them from the stores or resellers in my city.

I know for a fact my local TRU had 8 exos sitting on the shelves yesterday (saw them with mine own eyes) but I only picked up one. I just can't justify the risk at the moment.

Sounds like a supply and demand thing. Wouldn't it be awesome if a city like Beijing or Tokyo had a craze for lego. Shipping there would be problematic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

"Temporarily out of stock" does mean it will be back, at least at LEGO Shop at Home.

Yeah...I have one.  Honestly would have bought it cause I still think it would be a good one, but didn't want to walk around Disneyland for two hours carrying a Lego set.  Maybe I'll get more later, maybe not.  Don't think my life will be altered one way or another either way.

Thanks for the summary.

Yes, I'm piggybacking off my company budget. Free gas and car and I get that benefit throughout North America.

That's quite funny with the thing about not declaring a customs. I poste about buying a DS on TRU.ca and some guy post hotcakes. I'm like wtf? What's the problem with buying a DS that's available in Canada? And if I bring it into the US, I'll declare and I doubt I get taxed. Better than paying $550 on eBay.

I did sell the exo suit for $100 here and people are jealous perhaps. All I did was go to TRU, pick a bunch up, then resell here. No illegal activities here. Anyways, I'm out of exo suits here and have some back in Baltimore. No need for me to come to this thread until I get back.

Your in the Baltimore market?

Let's take him out. You me and emazers own Baltimore market. No room for others. You have been warned Christopher, watch your back in the lego aisles.

Bring it on boys. Majority of my time is spent in Raleigh. My big storage compound is over there, not Baltimore. Although at the moment, all my exo and RIs are in Baltimore. I'm going to move my hide.

You guys are right though, best deals are in Baltimore. I got the turtle lair last year at a target for $15. That was the best ever I've seen.

I swing through there a couple times a year and tell you guys about all the good deals anyway.

I never get to hear any of this, if you around this way, pm me.

Bring it on boys. Majority of my time is spent in Raleigh. My big storage compound is over there, not Baltimore. Although at the moment, all my exo and RIs are in Baltimore. I'm going to move my hide.

You guys are right though, best deals are in Baltimore. I got the turtle lair last year at a target for $15. That was the best ever I've seen.

I can hold them for you. I'm not upset with someone else in this area as I do pretty well now. Most in store deals are gone before I can even get out!

Driving to NC tomorrow, I'm going to stop at ALL of your stores. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

Catch me off guard while I'm away? Been working my butt off all day and couldn't run my script on those exo and RI links.

Looking at my schedule, looks like I'll be in Baltimore or Atlanta during thanksgiving. Feel free to clean out Raleigh. :)

Catch me off guard while I'm away? Been working my butt off all day and couldn't run my script on those exo and RI links.

Looking at my schedule, looks like I'll be in Baltimore or Atlanta during thanksgiving. Feel free to clean out Raleigh. :)

I'm sure they're polishing up the bulletin board for ya.

Guest eightbrick

Excuse my ignorance but is this another Ideas limited production run? 

Nothing is certain but most people are suspecting they will produce more (maybe a Delorean-type production scale). The designer originally posted (on r/lego) that it will be a one-run item but this has since been disputed and there is a ridiculous amount of demand for them. At the very least they will have to fulfill quite a few backorders. Current status on most country's Lego shop is temp. OOS.  But again, nothing is certain.

And don't worry this thread is wayyy too long I don't think anyone blames you for not going through 74 pages (if any of what I am saying is outdated from people more closely following subject, feel free to correct)

For anyone not using a monitor it appears to be flickering in and out of stock right now on amazon. I finally got my 1.

Weird set, I wasn't at all interested in it before the madness. I had max this and RI in my cart the night it released and cancelled them thinking "nah, want to sit this one out". But since they went sold out so fast I have been on a mission to get one of each. Straight up insanity.

I was/am pretty confident they are coming back, but I want to secure one of each just in case.

• Like 1