Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Mind summarizing? I think I'm out of the loop in these jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Since nobody else seems to want to... (we all know people are getting the email notifications).

Supraboy888 is an ex-user from the Vancouver area who boasted time and again about all the good deals he was getting (mostly illegally by failing to declare what he was bringing back at the Can-US border). He then spoke grandiose tales of selling his goods for small fortunes on Kijiji and other local selling sites/markets. When he sold a $20 set for $40 it was $25 of pure profit. (math mistake intentional) But his most famous quote (paraphrased of course) was that he could sell his goods out of his trunk in the TRU parking lot anytime anyplace for more than MSRP like "hotcakes".

He has been banned and I can't remember what thread famous brag that was in. I don't remember exactly why he was banned other than he was just a real d*** in the forums. He stills sells locally on Kijiji and from what I understand he sells for quite small margins.

I can't speak if you're truly selling them for the markup you've said (only you know the truth) but people are just reminiscing at your expense about a fool of a member. I think the advice here is .. be humble, don't act like a Supraboy888 and we'll all just get along.

PS Vancouver does seem like a very good resellers market. There is definitely the population to support some large scale reselling so I'm not doubting you've scored some good deals. Sounds like you're piggybacking your costs onto some business expenses (i.e. gas $) but it never goes over well when people claim it costs them nothing to score such good deals... At a minimum takes "time" which is something not every member has in boat loads, or trunks full.

• Like 8

Since nobody else seems to want to... (we all know people are getting the email notifications).

Supraboy888 is an ex-user from the Vancouver area who boasted time and again about all the good deals he was getting (mostly illegally by failing to declare what he was bringing back at the Can-US border). He then spoke grandiose tales of selling his goods for small fortunes on Kijiji and other local selling sites/markets. When he sold a $20 set for $40 it was $25 of pure profit. (math mistake intentional) But his most famous quote (paraphrased of course) was that he could sell his goods out of his trunk in the TRU parking lot anytime anyplace for more than MSRP like "hotcakes".

He has been banned and I can't remember what thread famous brag that was in. I don't remember exactly why he was banned other than he was just a real d*** in the forums. He stills sells locally on Kijiji and from what I understand he sells for quite small margins.

I can't speak if you're truly selling them for the markup you've said (only you know the truth) but people are just reminiscing at your expense about a fool of a member. I think the advice here is .. be humble, don't act like a Supraboy888 and we'll all just get along.

PS Vancouver does seem like a very good resellers market. There is definitely the population to support some large scale reselling so I'm not doubting you've scored some good deals. Sounds like you're piggybacking your costs onto some business expenses (i.e. gas $) but it never goes over well when people claim it costs them nothing to score such good deals... At a minimum takes "time" which is something not every member has in boat loads, or trunks full.

That's like telling superman who Clark kent is
  • Like 8

@ChristopherJB - remember your recent statement about the birds in hand, or something...  Check this out:  http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7189-yesterday-i-found-two-hulk-helicarrier-escapes-with-bad-corners-on-store-shelf-should-i-go-back-and-buy-them/#entry199491

I know it is a common proverb, but if you happened to mention "hotcakes" in the same statement, i am sure Jeff would ban you on the ground of possibly being supraboy888 (he is being ironic in the post above)

@ChristopherJB - remember your recent statement about the birds in hand, or something... Check this out: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7189-yesterday-i-found-two-hulk-helicarrier-escapes-with-bad-corners-on-store-shelf-should-i-go-back-and-buy-them/#entry199491

I know it is a common proverb, but if you happened to mention "hotcakes" in the same statement, i am sure Jeff would ban you on the ground of possibly being supraboy888 (he is being ironic in the post above)

Funny, so you'd say I'm him because of that? I learned that saying from an NFL board. Picking a steady OL instead of a high risk QB. Grab the bird rather than two birds = risk.

Funny, so you'd say I'm him because of that? I learned that saying from an NFL board. Picking a steady OL instead of a high risk QB. Grab the bird rather than two birds = risk.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, my friend...

• Like 6

Thanks for the explanation.  That saves a lot of inquiries.  Your answer will go over like 5 birds in the hand, hotcakes and syrup and a trunk full of Lego sales.  :cheese:

• Like 2

Thanks for the explanation.  That saves a lot of inquiries.  Your answer will go over like 5 birds in the hand, hotcakes and syrup and a trunk full of Lego sales.  :cheese:

(one last off topic, then I'm done :))

If anyone wants a good laugh, start reading the Fire Brigade thread from this post:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/149-fire-brigade-will-it-be-discontinued-soon/page-24?hl=hotcake#entry200534

It'll explain everything. NMM inspired me to do a proper forum search.

(back on topic)

I have three exo-suits... I plan on keeping one for my cuusoo/ideas collection of sets. The other two I'm going to try and sell as a bundle: rover+exo+RI. The sets don't seem to be selling as well in Canada unless you are in a big market (which I'm not). Canadians also loathe to pay Canada Post shipping costs which are probably double USPS for sets like these.

Thanks for the summary.

Yes, I'm piggybacking off my company budget. Free gas and car and I get that benefit throughout North America.

That's quite funny with the thing about not declaring a customs. I poste about buying a DS on TRU.ca and some guy post hotcakes. I'm like wtf? What's the problem with buying a DS that's available in Canada? And if I bring it into the US, I'll declare and I doubt I get taxed. Better than paying $550 on eBay.

I did sell the exo suit for $100 here and people are jealous perhaps. All I did was go to TRU, pick a bunch up, then resell here. No illegal activities here. Anyways, I'm out of exo suits here and have some back in Baltimore. No need for me to come to this thread until I get back.

Guest TabbyBoy

Comments like these tell me that competition is more fierce between us than I thought.  At least we got rid of that British troll, Mark.

We need a thread to reminisce in at least. I really miss those threads where a certain member would buy every piece of clearance he could then the next day post regretful pictures of his way too full house and wonder what happened.

Or the boastful tales of returning mountains of product to the LEGO just to "stick it to the man" because ponytail wouldn't help him out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 5