Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

This post might offend some.  It's not my intent.

Like Ed stated, "Is that our fault? No... If you want something in life, make a plan and get it. The people who complained and didn't get a set were not prepared."

These soreheads seem similar (and worse in some aspects) than the $99 10227 B-Wing ones.  As much as people can cry and stomp, 21109s were available at different times through multiple retailers (like $99 10227 at TRU) for over a week. 

It appears people tried shop@home only a handful of times before either giving up or being satisfied with 2 sets.  Then there are others who proactively checked other retailers. 1.) found target didn't have limits and 2) TRU had it for $25 so people bought more or their initial 21109(s).  Additionally, other retailers (Amazon) also had 21109s in-stock on and off.  People just needed to check a couple of times per day.

So don't go blaming other folks because Little Johnny didn't get his Exo Suit set that daddy prob really wanted.

I spoke my peace. I'm done.

• Like 4

Supply and demand. 'Nuff said.

To steer it back to topic. I only got 1 via LEGO Shop at Home, local LEGO store sold out in a day and not getting any more. Now the debate is to flip this now, later, or build (then sell). Life is pretty good when this is one of your worries.

Grats to those who planned for and executed acquiring this set. 

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but these clowns that go crying about how it isn't fair they didn't get XXX and they should get it handed to them the easy way always get under my skin.  It isn't just LEGO it is everything imaginable, just look on craigs list with posts from people who want something for way below value because they feel it isn't fair the value is that high.  I especially see this with concert tickets.  Hmmm, say I'm a huge NIN fan and NIN is playing a fairly small venue in my city.  Gee, what a surprise it sold out 10 minutes after tickets went on sale!  Well I could have logged in and fought for some tickets with everyone else but no, I instead will post on craigs list NEED 2 TICKETS TO NIN --- NO SCALPERS  I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN FACE VALUE FOR THESE, SCREW YOU SCALPERS, I AM A REAL FAN! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Why don't these delusional jackasses go into a Starbucks raising holy hell that coffee beans and water cost only a couple of pennies and they are charging 4 bucks!!!  FREAKIN COFFEE RESELLER SCALPER SCUM!

They have no concept of supply and demand, no concept of capitalism in American society, no common freaking sense.  If you want NIN tickets, get online when they go on sale or pony up the price because YOU SCREWED UP AND DIDN'T GET THEM.  If you want an exo suit you have the right to say to hell with that I'm not paying more than retail on ebay if you missed out.  Just don't do it.  Don't go whining about how everyone else who WAS on the ball and WAS able to get them with (in this case not all that much effort IMO, getting NIN tickets say is much harder.

Sorry, probably off topic.  Needed to get that off my chest though heh.

True to a point... Lego simply has to make more of this set though. How can they launch a set then stop selling after 2 weeks, you can get the other CUUSOO sets, what will they be telling Peter Reid, they were great sellers but were not making anymore because it's not a delorian or ecto-1? People are making no more than

Supply and demand. 'Nuff said.

To steer it back to topic. I only got 1 via S@H, local LEGO store sold out in a day and not getting any more. Now the debate is to flip this now, later, or build (then sell). Life is pretty good when this is one of your worries.

Grats to those who planned for and executed acquiring this set. 

"To steer it back to topic. "

Agreed.  Good point. 

It appears more 21109s are coming but we just don't know how much nor for how long.  The time for initial flipping is close to closing but there might be another window of opportunity later.  However, tread carefully as we don't know just how long this set will be available despite it's popularity.  If you really have the need to flip now,  you might not want to sell your entire lot.

im only catching the tail end of this thread and now i read poeple complaining about not getting any exos!?  geez ... move on people.  soooo whhaatttt that you didnt get any ... look forward to the next "big" thing ...

why dont we get this kind of bitching on the other EOL sets like SSD or MR etc ... just move on and forget about it ... you cant get every set all the time ... thats a fact of reality with lego investing ... my SSD count = ZERO!!  did i lose out?  maybe, but so what!

oh and i did manage to snag myself 15 total exos ... haha ... j/k ... didnt mean to rub it in :rofl:

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but these clowns that go crying about how it isn't fair they didn't get XXX and they should get it handed to them the easy way always get under my skin.  It isn't just LEGO it is everything imaginable, just look on craigs list with posts from people who want something for way below value because they feel it isn't fair the value is that high.  I especially see this with concert tickets.  Hmmm, say I'm a huge NIN fan and NIN is playing a fairly small venue in my city.  Gee, what a surprise it sold out 10 minutes after tickets went on sale!  Well I could have logged in and fought for some tickets with everyone else but no, I instead will post on craigs list NEED 2 TICKETS TO NIN --- NO SCALPERS  I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN FACE VALUE FOR THESE, SCREW YOU SCALPERS, I AM A REAL FAN! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Getting way OT here but I'm a huge NIN fan. Have seen them 30 times  8)

This post might offend some. It's not my intent.

Like Ed stated, "Is that our fault? No... If you want something in life, make a plan and get it. The people who complained and didn't get a set were not prepared."

These soreheads seem similar (and worse in some aspects) than the $99 10227 B-Wing ones. As much as people can cry and stomp, 21109s were available at different times through multiple retailers (like $99 10227 at TRU) for over a week.

It appears people tried shop@home only a handful of times before either giving up or being satisfied with 2 sets. Then there are others who proactively checked other retailers. 1.) found target didn't have limits and 2) TRU had it for $25 so people bought more or their initial 21109(s). Additionally, other retailers (Amazon) also had 21109s in-stock on and off. People just needed to check a couple of times per day.

So don't go blaming other folks because Little Johnny didn't get his Exo Suit set that daddy prob really wanted.

I spoke my peace. I'm done.

This is well written. The same goes for other sets. Many got caught off guard by the wolverine chopper and what amazes me is that it was on the shelf like ages. I'm sure many held off on the power lex. Now that it's gone from SAH, it's a matter of time the panic buying sets in.

Those who missed out on the exo suit, there might be still chances to get it at MSRP. Just need to be more alert when checking websites. Go and refresh amazon a number of times a day. You will get it for $34.99 if you are on it all day. I'll stop buying so others can grab them. I've got around 26 from the two limit sent to other offices at work. My problem is I won't be able to round them up in one shot until my business trip sends me there.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Folks,

Many of us (even mods and admins) have expressed our displeasure with people blaming Brickpickers and others for not getting a 21109.  We all know the "early bird gets the worm" story.  There's also luck and logistics involved.  Family events.  Simply stated, there are many reasons why some people weren't able to buy a 20119 yet.  It appears more 21109s are being made so rejoice.

*** Please let's now move forward ***

We can discuss great aspects or even criticisms relating to the set 21109 itself.

In the grand scheme of things the exo for the most part at the moment can be sold for $60 plus shipping on the river.  That nets the seller after shipping about $11 profit a set.  Even the ones that scored big with 20-50 from a target or amazon order when there were no limits is only profiting about $200-$500.  Good money for a short period hold but hardly life changing and not worth getting worked up over if you missed out.  

• Like 1

im only catching the tail end of this thread and now i read poeple complaining about not getting any exos!? geez ... move on people. soooo whhaatttt that you didnt get any ... look forward to the next "big" thing ...

why dont we get this kind of bitching on the other EOL sets like SSD or MR etc ... just move on and forget about it ... you cant get every set all the time ... thats a fact of reality with lego investing ... my SSD count = ZERO!! did i lose out? maybe, but so what!

oh and i did manage to snag myself 15 total exos ... haha ... j/k ... didnt mean to rub it in :rofl:

What? No SSDs? You really missed out. :)

I didn't get the MR either. I didn't cry. Seriously, those crying must be real sad people. There's more to life than just one lego set.

Just wait for 21111. There's always new lego sets coming out.

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things the exo for the most part at the moment can be sold for $60 plus shipping on the river. That nets the seller after shipping about $11 profit a set. Even the ones that scored big with 20-50 from a target or amazon order when there were no limits is only profiting about $200-$500. Good money for a short period hold but hardly life changing and not worth getting worked up over if you missed out.

I am in Vancouver this week and sold five for $100 each through craigslist. The Canadian market is messed up. They don't buy SSDs at MSRP when it's going at $650 on eBay. Then they pay $100 for this which I nabbed at TRU for $44 right off the airport on Friday. Instead of heading up whistler, I made myself $250 on 5 exo.

Complete joke up here. I should post up my remaining 5 RIs on craigslist, ask price of $150 each.

I showed this set to my 5 year old after watching the Lego animated video with him. 

My boy now wants to now build it and make it a Ninjago "robot".  The "Green Benny" will help Nya's Samurai X "battle" the Joker and Two-Face.  Blue Benny wasn't invited.

All the while, I keep thinking Aliens when looking at this set. Yeah, I know.  Emmet's Construct-o-Mech looks more like it than our Lego Exo Suit.

article-1364937-0D8EAE39000005DC-359_634

P2158843.jpg

What? No SSDs? You really missed out. :)

I didn't get the MR either. I didn't cry. Seriously, those crying must be real sad people. There's more to life than just one lego set.

Just wait for 21111. There's always new lego sets coming out.

Help me out here, what's MR ? Magical Rancors ?

If some people consider that investors are the reason why it's OoS, I'm so sorry because they are so wrong: for an investor who managed to get 4 or 6 exosuits, how many non-investors did order 2 exosuits, even if (in fact) they just wanted one ?

Think about that please before pointing at other people...

ChrisJB, maybe folks in VAN (CAN) are enjoying their summer like a member once said there's more to life than any Lego set ;)  $100 pays for an item/set they lost out on while doing something else or can't wait for the next production run I guess.  Good that you made some decent cash flipping...just lay off the terms 'joke...messed up' when describing Canada please  :stop:  I'm just chiming in for my neighbours out West :victory: 

• Like 4

ChrisJB, maybe folks in VAN (CAN) are enjoying their summer like a member once said there's more to life than any Lego set ;)  $100 pays for an item/set they lost out on while doing something else or can't wait for the next production run I guess.  Good that you made some decent cash flipping...just lay off the terms 'joke...messed up' when describing Canada please  :stop:  I'm just chiming in for my neighbours out West :victory:

Dude's just trolling again. :boredom:

We got home from the late yesterday afternoon and it took my oldest all of 30 minutes to discover the Exo Suit sets which had been placed in our "to sell" storage closet (they were out all last week .. got my two on Friday). He told me the door was already open and he was just looking. Ha, as if!

• Like 1