Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't believe you're going to get a lot of sympathy here.

If you are a serious investor, then you have to play seriously. So, you have to learn how to get a hold of things. You have to learn the tricks of obtaining the product that you want.

And, you don't get to cry when you miss out. What you have to learn is that there's always "something else." Didn't get to jump on this, then invest the money elsewhere. Try to get a GE or SSD before they are completely gone. Don't have time to jump on those when they randomly pop up? Then you should look for something else. There's tons of advice on this site.

I live in SoCal. Do you know how hard it is for me to jump on the Target or Walmart clearance sales? They're non-existent here. But those of us in SoCal don't cry about it - we just move on to the next thing.

If you're here because you're a collector only, and you're only trying to get one for yourself; I'm sorry, but you've walked in the wolf's den. You're going to get great info, but you're also going to be exposed to those that are in is for the money. So, again, you're just going to have to listen, get the info, and get in while you can.

I'm not saying this to be mean, just saying this to be realistic. There are tons of ways to get in on things, if you take the time to figure it out.

Hi Alpinemaps, Good Morning.  I was neither complaining nor crying about anything in my post.  I was simply disagreeing with marcandre's statement about consumers having 'plenty of opportunities' to pick up an exo-suit from one of the retailers he mentioned.  I stayed up late on August 1 and have received my order from LEGO Shop at Home.  I could have purchased more at Target.com the next morning, but didn't since I had already ordered what I wanted from LEGO.  I'm able to stay up-to-date on release dates, stay up after midnight to place an order, and scan some sites now and then during the day.  This may sound easy enough to do, but I've got to believe that most people don't want to do this.  Many have more important things on their mind, need plenty of sleep for whatever they've got going on the next day, or both. 

I don't want to hear about how one needs to work hard to be successful in this business.  99% of the people who want the item aren't in the business of LEGO investing, they just want a cool set that's reasonably priced.  Saying that a week of intermittent availablity gives one plenty of opportunities to do so is just not true.  It's an extremely greedy statement.

• Like 1

Hi Alpinemaps, Good Morning.  I was neither complaining nor crying about anything in my post.  I was simply disagreeing with marcandre's statement about consumers having 'plenty of opportunities' to pick up an exo-suit from one of the retailers he mentioned.  I stayed up late on August 1 and have received my order from LEGO Shop at Home.  I could have purchased more at Target.com the next morning, but didn't since I had already ordered what I wanted from LEGO.  I'm able to stay up-to-date on release dates, stay up after midnight to place an order, and scan some sites now and then during the day.  This may sound easy enough to do, but I've got to believe that most people don't want to do this.  Many have more important things on their mind, need plenty of sleep for whatever they've got going on the next day, or both. 

I don't want to hear about how one needs to work hard to be successful in this business.  99% of the people who want the item aren't in the business of LEGO investing, they just want a cool set that's reasonably priced.  Saying that a week of intermittent availablity gives one plenty of opportunities to do so is just not true.  It's an extremely greedy statement.

The funny thing is I've found plenty of clearance items at target and walmart here in SoCal so I don't get why everyone complains about it here since it's basically the same as everywhere else

Not sure how many Lego sets are produced in a run but my latest 21109 Exo Suit has a 1 week diff seal code (21S4) from my initial ones (20S4).

I assume this supports the Brick Bros article (plus Lego showing only "Temp Out of Stock) that more are coming...

On a diff note, it wouldn't suppose me if this set is the first in a new Space Theme. Does anyone know if Peter Reid owns a license around the storyline (he does have a book) or does Lego have free rein?

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Guest TabbyBoy

Not sure how many Lego sets are produced in a run but my latest 21109 Exo Suit has a 1 week diff seal code (21S4) from my initial ones (20S4).

I assume this supports the Brick Bros article (plus Lego showing only "Temp Out of Stock) that more are coming...

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Yes, Lego say in their email to me that they are making more ready for 11SEP. Let's hope it's not another "Minecraft".

received following update from TARGET for my 08/06 order. seems like their projected new delivery date is 2014.09.15.

also, seems like you have to go to the order itself and approve that you are ok for the delay and will wait. { i am not sure what happens if you don't acknowledge. }

based on this information it seems to me that "target did not get their expected delivery or it was routed to amazon due to the no-limit boo boo they made???" god knows. but seems like that they are going to wait for the next delivery which won't be until early september.  apparently the 09/15 date falls around the time frame floated around for the availability from LEGO. seems like TLG and target are playing along to keep this delayed until they have truckload to flood the market...

hello ......,

We just found out about an unexpected delay that affects your order (Order #.........) placed on 08/06/2014. We're sorry, but we may not be able to deliver your item(s) by the estimated delivery date you received with your original order. New estimated delivery date(s) are included below. If we can't deliver your item(s) by this new estimated delivery date, we will automatically cancel your order. Here's what you can do: If the item(s) is on backorder and you no longer want the delayed item(s), you can cancel them from the order detail page. You will not be charged for any items until they ship. If items need to be shipped separately, your shipping charges will not increase. Thanks for shopping at Target. Team Target