Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Yes, plenty of opportunities for someone like yourself.

Most people can't watch retailer sites like a hawk or schedule their lives around planned LEGO purchases.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't believe you're going to get a lot of sympathy here.

If you are a serious investor, then you have to play seriously. So, you have to learn how to get a hold of things. You have to learn the tricks of obtaining the product that you want.

And, you don't get to cry when you miss out. What you have to learn is that there's always "something else." Didn't get to jump on this, then invest the money elsewhere. Try to get a GE or SSD before they are completely gone. Don't have time to jump on those when they randomly pop up? Then you should look for something else. There's tons of advice on this site.

I live in SoCal. Do you know how hard it is for me to jump on the Target or Walmart clearance sales? They're non-existent here. But those of us in SoCal don't cry about it - we just move on to the next thing.

If you're here because you're a collector only, and you're only trying to get one for yourself; I'm sorry, but you've walked in the wolf's den. You're going to get great info, but you're also going to be exposed to those that are in is for the money. So, again, you're just going to have to listen, get the info, and get in while you can.

I'm not saying this to be mean, just saying this to be realistic. There are tons of ways to get in on things, if you take the time to figure it out.

• Like 9

This set is a winner regardless of a new production run...or two...or three. It's a classic set that made a lot of people upset when they couldn't buy one, so this news is no surprise. I don't see the same sort of passion about the Research Institute, so I question LEGO making additional production runs of that set to please customers.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't believe you're going to get a lot of sympathy here.

If you are a serious investor, then you have to play seriously. So, you have to learn how to get a hold of things. You have to learn the tricks of obtaining the product that you want.

And, you don't get to cry when you miss out. What you have to learn is that there's always "something else." Didn't get to jump on this, then invest the money elsewhere. Try to get a GE or SSD before they are completely gone. Don't have time to jump on those when they randomly pop up? Then you should look for something else. There's tons of advice on this site.

I live in SoCal. Do you know how hard it is for me to jump on the Target or Walmart clearance sales? They're non-existent here. But those of us in SoCal don't cry about it - we just move on to the next thing.

If you're here because you're a collector only, and you're only trying to get one for yourself; I'm sorry, but you've walked in the wolf's den. You're going to get great info, but you're also going to be exposed to those that are in is for the money. So, again, you're just going to have to listen, get the info, and get in while you can.

I'm not saying this to be mean, just saying this to be realistic. There are tons of ways to get in on things, if you take the time to figure it out.

I don't know... stephen_rockefeller also mentioned something he called "life", and he is a mod. And DNIIM going to bathroom without smartphone ... :shocked:

I don't know... stephen_rockefeller also mentioned something he called "life", and he is a mod. And DNIIM going to bathroom without smartphone ... :shocked:

It's getting chippy up in this piece!! Oooooeeeee.....and who would ever go to the bathroom without their cellphone? Where do you think I'm replying from right now? Blooomp! :)

• Like 1

i can't understand how people selling this on ebay with free shipping for BIN @ $56 or $53 are making more than $2 or $3 after  a real accounting of taxes, fees and shipping costs.

there's a seller in hawaii  who sold this set for $53 and $56 BIN with free shipping.

13% ebay/paypal gets you to 46.11.

minus shipping.  from hawaii...  i'll be conservative and say somehow $8 for shipping and box =  $38.11.  the set costs 34.99.

profit, $3.12.  8% profit.  wooo hooo... not.

i can't understand how people selling this on ebay with free shipping for BIN @ $56 or $53 are making more than $2 or $3 after a real accounting of taxes, fees and shipping costs.

there's a seller in hawaii who sold this set for $53 and $56 BIN with free shipping.

minus shipping. from hawaii... i'll be conservative and say somehow $8 for shipping and box = $38.11. the set costs 34.99.

profit, $3.12. 8% profit. wooo hooo... not.

shipping is most likely 12-13. I live in Hawaii and shipping anywhere on main land is about that for a set this size. I learned my lesson the hard way on selling like that. Honestly for that seller it's about the thrill if the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

i can't understand how people selling this on ebay with free shipping for BIN @ $56 or $53 are making more than $2 or $3 after  a real accounting of taxes, fees and shipping costs.

there's a seller in hawaii  who sold this set for $53 and $56 BIN with free shipping.

minus shipping.  from hawaii...  i'll be conservative and say somehow $8 for shipping and box =  $38.11.  the set costs 34.99.

profit, $3.12.  8% profit.  wooo hooo... not.

You forgot to count in the 34 VIP points (most likely) for starters :)

its not much but increases the gain!

shipping is most likely 12-13. I live in Hawaii and shipping anywhere on main land is about that for a set this size. I learned my lesson the hard way on selling like that. Honestly for that seller it's about the thrill if the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

What is medium flat rate? $11.30? Yeah, still terrible.

What is medium flat rate? $11.30? Yeah, still terrible.

well i usually always ship through ebay so i get their discount so med flat is about $9.65 ... but if i get boxes that will fit the exo nicely the weight should be below 2 pounds which means cheaper rate ... i only use med flat if i have no choice ...