Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

So i had placed multiple orders to get more Mini Mini Coopers, but only the first order Mini is in process. All the other Mini got cancelled...

This makes risking a banhammer to get multiple 21109 less attractive. I am thinking of buying 10 on Bricklink for

• Like 1

So i had placed multiple orders to get more Mini Mini Coopers, but only the first order Mini is in process. All the other Mini got cancelled...

This makes risking a banhammer to get multiple 21109 less attractive. I am thinking of buying 10 on Bricklink for

I went to my local Charlotte, NC TRU for exo suit on 8/1/14, but they had none (heck, they only had a couple of the new Star Wars kits... not from selling out... they just hadn't received them or hadn't put them out yet).  They said they were getting a new truck in, in the morning.  I called there 08/02/14 AM, they said the truck had arrived, but no exo suits.

I got in an online "chat" at Toysrus.com and asked where I could find it locally.  The rep claimed that it was a new set, and not yet available in ANY TRU store in the country. :mda:

I'm curious...I have never seen a CUUSOO/Ideas set in my local TRU.  Is this common in other parts of the country or outside of the US to see them for sale?

My TRU had Ecto-1s for a while. Got a couple in-store w/ the $10 off $50 coupons a couple months ago. Never Rovers or DeLoreans.

I went to my local Charlotte, NC TRU for exo suit on 8/1/14, but they had none (heck, they only had a couple of the new Star Wars kits... not from selling out... they just hadn't received them or hadn't put them out yet).  They said they were getting a new truck in, in the morning.  I called there 08/02/14 AM, they said the truck had arrived, but no exo suits.

I got in an online "chat" at Toysrus.com and asked where I could find it locally.  The rep claimed that it was a new set, and not yet available in ANY TRU store in the country. :mda:

What a soap this has become. Makes my head spin.

What about the poll? Is it bought quantitty and own or ordered quantity? I ordered 2. Which I will hopefully get somewhere in September.

Maybe this wave of distribution is heading east instead of typical route?? Is China mfg up yet? Sorry if this should be in some sort of crazy speculation thread, but seems interesting to spot them in Vancouver first outside of the typical Lego shop spottings.

I never see anything like that in my TRU in NJ.  NEVER.  No Minecraft, Ecto...Nada.  It looks like Canada has some kick butt TRUs.

If this whole Exo Suit chapter has done something for me, it's that it's significantly reduced any faith I had remaining in LEGO customer service. In Store and over the phone. I usually buy only one or two sets each, and I buy as many for my own collection and kids in the family as I do duplicates if at all, but I wonder if they've just started treating every adult (especially those of us who fall in the 18-35 demo) as potential resellers.

No greetings. No smiles. No Thank Yous. Just gimme your $$$ and get outta here.

Wasn't always this way. 

I might have gotten banned over this. I bought two online early yesterday then two in store yesterday night. Shortly after the in store purchase was credited to my account the two from LEGO Shop at Home went to back order and I received a refund.

similarly, i placed two orders, each with two exo's aug1 at midnight. In the morning, one order changed to shipped while the other remained in process. I later went to the lego store to pick up a few more (1 for me, 1 for my girlfriend) and used my lego vip card without thinking about it first -.- 

my second order is still in process.

I might have gotten banned over this. I bought two online early yesterday then two in store yesterday night. Shortly after the in store purchase was credited to my account the two from LEGO Shop at Home went to back order and I received a refund.

If true, complete B.S. and terrible business.