Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Guest TabbyBoy

10 and another 5 on the way.  As soon as I knew how hot this was, I'm going for 100.

It doesn't appear to be that limited as it's NOT exclusive but, I feel MASSIVE mojo in this set and will be right up the street of most kids including me.  I think it's the best

LEGO treats the US as a nation of resellers.  Maybe they need to adapt their policies.

Well I was thinking of something, I don't know if this is the same in the US. It may be interesting...

In LEGO Shop at Home policy, there is written (in french) something like "we can cancel orders if you are not a professional affliated reseller bla bla".

But there is a law in my country (I don't know if this is the same elsewhere in europe) which says that when you are a professional seller (like LEGO Shop at Home) you are not allowed to refuse some sells (up to a quantity qualified as "unusual").

It's called the "refus de vente" (order of sale refused) and it's forbidden.

If the seller has some stock, he can't refuse a multiple sell (let's say about 5 sets, but 10 or 20 would be "suspicious" so he can refuse multiple sells per household: in this case the law is on seller's side).

On the otherside, buying 2 sets would absolutely no be "suspicious" or "unsual" so it's impossible to refuse to sell more than 1 item per household, except if it's a very, very, very limited edition.

Of course it can varie so 4 Death stars can be suspicious (for example) but 2 would not.

About the exosuit, a guy who would like 3 or 4 sets can't be "unusual" (quite cheap sets, and can fit an army for display, or to play with...).

LEGO Shop at Home couldn't limit the number of that set (and they do not) to only 1 set per household in my country.

I got 5 Last night for $24.99 from Tru Website.

Dear Edward Mazerski,

Thank you for ordering from us. Your order number is 3597670575 and is currently being processed. You'll soon receive additional emails regarding your order as it is processed.

Here is a review of your order.

Ship It Summary

Shipping Address:

Edward Mazerski

Baltimore, MD 21220 US

The following item(s) will be shipped to the above address:

Item #: 41814216

Description: LEGO CUUSOO Exo Suit 21109

Quantity: 5 @ $24.99

Shipping via: Standard Shipping

Order Total: $132.45

Dear Edward Mazerski,

Thank you for ordering from us. Your order number is 3597670575 and is currently being processed. You'll soon receive additional emails regarding your order as it is processed.

Ship It Summary

Shipping Address:

Edward Mazerski

Baltimore, MD 21220 US

be on the look out for another email titled "important updates about your order" which will inform you it has been canceled for an undescribed reason.

let us know if it ships. all the best on your order, it would have been awesome if you got it

Dear Edward Mazerski,

Ship It Summary

Shipping Address:

Edward Mazerski

Baltimore, MD 21220 US

I got 2 orders in too at 24.99 from TRU this morning, one for 4, one for 2. They have not been cancelled yet, says they're on backorder.

Picked up one exosuit and one research institute in store in AZ. They had limits of one per customer. Bought an architecture set as well that I had been contemplating to get the 100 buck limit for a free mini.

Now should I play with the exosuit or just hold on to it for a bit? It looks pretty cool. Maybe I should build some crazy science station instead. The cool thing is one of the reps gave me a free shipping code in the store to pick up some other stuff they didn't have in store. Maybe I'll just use it to get a back ordered exosuit and at least have free shipping if under the $75 mark.

• Like 1

The Lego store in northern California seems to have plenty.  Whenever they started running low, they brought more out. Seems like they kept it stocked at around 10 sets on the shelf.

Which one? I'm the the SF Bay Area and the closest one to me is in Pleasanton. Planning to go there tomorrow. Was there a limit?

Saw this thread and ran to the Lego store during lunch.

Store was pretty busy... San Jose, CA

But had 10ish Exos on the shelf and the clerks were just bringing out another stack.

I got 2, limit of 2 per household.

They had some spider Chimas on sale 20% off, so got two to get me the poly mini.

They had the research lab too, I wasn't interested in those... limit 2.