Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Didyou do the secret handshake with your fellow BPers cleaning out the lego store?

I think we need secret tattoos like the guys in The Last Crusade who protect the holy grail.  Maybe some fezes too.  I'm sure there were some BP'ers in there since it was 90% adults in line.

Just basing my thoughts on scarcity of supply and the number of people doubting Rovers when it was released.

I'm not so sure people doubted the Rover, but they were very hard to come by.  LEGO Shop at Home was always a limit of 1 and they weren't available for ordering that often.  The TRU supply got bought up almost instantly and I don't recall any LEGO brick and mortar shops stocking it other than the Discovery centers.  Unless you wanted to risk the ban-hammer, then it was incredibly difficult to stock up.

I was at the Lego Store this morning and it was moderately busy, there was a steady stream of people walking out of the mall with 2x exo suits in their lego bags, and when I got into the store there was a line.  They had sold everything that was on the shelf and were selling them as fast as they could bring them out from the back.   Research institutes were selling pretty fast as well, but not as fast as the exo's.

Had a short conversation with the cashier, she said that they were told by management that the exo suit was a limited edition, which is why they were strictly enforcing the limit of 2 per person.  Of course, this is Lego Store employee gossip, so YMMV.

This is funny, because at my Lego store they had printed signs stating 1 per household. There ended up being about 15 people or so before the doors opened. Most were AFOLs, but not investors I would think. I got one of each so I was happy.

They also had a number of random sets at 20% off. I picked up a Architecture United Nations for 20% off plus one other thing to get me to the mini poly. 

This is funny, because at my Lego store they had printed signs stating 1 per household. There ended up being about 15 people or so before the doors opened. Most were AFOLs, but not investors I would think. I got one of each so I was happy.

They also had a number of random sets at 20% off. I picked up a Architecture United Nations for 20% off plus one other thing to get me to the mini poly. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Research Institute just went to ONE SET PER HOUSEHOLD as well.  

LEGO store here had sign with limit 2 per household on this and Research Institute.  I was there just before lunch and picked up a couple.  The shelf was more than half empty and there were other people buying the set as I checked out, but I don't know if they had more in the back to keep stocking the shelves or not.  Reduced limits and changing ship dates on LEGO this quickly seem to point to a limited supply, at least for now.

I'm not as fan as many AFOLs about this set... :mda:

I plan to get only 4 sets to be paired with my 4 sets Minifigure retro white astronaut (set 50028012).

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Research Institute just went to ONE SET PER HOUSEHOLD as well.  

Still 5 here.

I'm not as fan as many AFOLs about this set... :mda:

I plan to get only 4 sets to be paired with my 4 sets Minifigure retro white astronaut (set 50028012).

Still 5 here.

LEGO treats the US as a nation of resellers.  Maybe they need to adapt their policies.

Sounds like this set is being bought up mostly by investors. No way the avg mom and dad knew about this. That being said, I'm sure there will be stock replenishment.

There's a lot of interest in this set outside of just investors.

http://brickset.com/article/11926/exo-suit-available-now!

There will be some stock replenishment, but probably not a lot. It will come and go very quickly, in my opinion.

Sounds like this set is being bought up mostly by investors. No way the avg mom and dad knew about this. That being said, I'm sure there will be stock replenishment.

The person in front of me in line was someone's grandma, her grandkids asked her to pick this set up for them today.  Don't underestimate kids, they know about this set and if they want it enough they'll bag mom/dad/grandma into heading out on day 1 to get it for them.

Last night the exo suit listing went to 'out of stock, will ship in 30 days' right when it went live, so I don't think we can put much faith in the product status right now while people are in a buying frenzy.

The person in front of me in line was someone's grandma, her grandkids asked her to pick this set up for them today. Don't underestimate kids, they know about this set and if they want it enough they'll bag mom/dad/grandma into heading out on day 1 to get it for them.

Last night the exo suit listing went to 'out of stock, will ship in 30 days' right when it went live, so I don't think we can put much faith in the product status right now while people are in a buying frenzy.

Nope, grandma had to be an investor.