Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I'm not taking any chances.  I love this set so I picked up a handful from Target on top of two from Shop at Home. I'm happy this isn't like the Rover.  I might order more.

Now I won't feel bad cracking one or two open with my son when they arrive.  This set has playability written all over it, not "exclusive/investors only."

Investors may whine, but this Dad is super happy.

• Like 3

Does anyone remember if The Rover was also available from Target at introduction? Currently, Target is allowing orders of 99 units.

Scared me there I know this is the exo suit thread but read that as target is allowing orders of 99 units of Mars Rovers.

Like Ed said Target never had the Rover but TRU did, not on release date around a month or two after, but you could order 99. This happened twice and they were gone in around ****** hour.

• Like 1

Well, we had proof of the limited production run on the Rovers from the LEGO catalog. We never had a catalog to see how this set was listed. With no limited notation in the catalog, this set is no different than any other set.

Don't get me wrong, actually I find it a little relieving..  I was worried about it's limited-ness, and being unable to get some, so I was going to gather several friends/family to hit up the Lego store and buy me some Exo Suits, but now I don't think I'll have to worry about inconveniencing anyone... I can just order from Target and/or wait to see how its availability fares..  

Scared me there I know this is the exo suit thread but read that as target is allowing orders of 99 units of Mars Rovers.

Like Ed said Target never had the Rover but TRU did, not on release date around a month or two after, but you could order 99. This happened twice and they were gone in around n hour.

Right, we won't really know until we get the new LEGO S@H catalog if it is a "limited" set. Who knows, it might be out of stock by the end of the day...or never. LOL.

I think the conspiracy should have been realized when the exo suit was released first in the UK with a limit of 5.  I doubt Lego would have been so generous in one market to the detriment of availability in other markets if it were really a limited production run.

This is exactly what they did do with the Rover.

Well, we had proof of the limited production run on the Rovers from the LEGO catalog. We never had a catalog to see how this set was listed. With no limited notation in the catalog, this set is no different than any other set.

I think one of the mods posted a screen shot of this set in the catalog with it marked limited but in some other language.

just saw the Target site that carries the ExoSuit ... oh man ... exclusive?  limited?  im not too convinced now ... wonder if they will put up the research institute also ...

how many of you are ordering from Target as we speak?  no poly, no VIP points, but 5% and no ban hammer scares is a plus!!!!

Like Ed said Target never had the Rover but TRU did, not on release date around a month or two after, but you could order 99. This happened twice and they were gone in around n hour.

People were slow to believe me when I told them it was a limited run, so many treated this set as a regular release. If you look back at the Rover thread many didn't even know it was limited until I pointed it out. This time, I think it was wishful thinking, but it is still possible that the new catalog will have the notation. People have an opportunity right now to buy multiples from Target so it might be prudent to buy a handful as a hedge.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Anyone know how tru got a hold of rovers but no one else did in the us? I'm hoping this is the case of some exclusivity. The thing that makes me feel it is, would be the b&m being all strict with the release. My store had every other set due out today already on the shelf but refused to pull out one. Others reported that as well. I'm not too concerned with target having them. I mean uhhh, the sky is falling, everyone return your exo suits......so I can buy then all hahaha

Well, I guess if I can't cancel the order, I will try to add another item to get the poly.  I just ordered 2 exo and the 1 research lab.  Total $90.  Any ideas for some filler to get the threshold?

The new Arctic set with the tent looks pretty cool.  I don't know how long it will be around, but if it just stays forever, I'm going to open mine.