Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

agreed.  plus we haven't had a failed lego cuusso / ideas set yet.  even the train-wreck hood and door designs on the BBTF set couldn't keep it down.

everyone says that but after the first sign of a discount and poofage from a major site then it will slowly get back in the graces of investors.

• Like 3

I just started into Lego investment when Exo was released. I still remember that I paid $70 on Ebay to get a copy on release day because of panic.

It is a silly decision but what I learned is: DON'T PANIC.

I am afraid that I have to wait a couple more years to get my $70 back when Exo suit reaches $100. 

Not every set can be a Rover, but that doesn't make it a toxic investment. If it's selling at 2xRRP two years from now, will that be a bad investment? I think we'll see a steady demand for this, if only because it's an Ideas set and there'll be people getting into (and coming back to) Lego over the next couple of years who will have missed it.

If you're buying these at 50% now, I would think you'll double your money within 6 months easily. How is that a bad investment?

Guest TabbyBoy

I hope "Retired Product" will now help those who were unfortunate enough to buy any of these turkeys. Glad I returned mine in good time. I've seen them for £12.99 and still didn't bother.

I have a couple questions. 

Has anyone seen this set in a US Toys R Us like the other more recent Ideas sets? (Ecto, Birds, BBTheory) I have not.

Has anyone seen this set on discount before now? I have not. Camelx3 says it hasn't been lower than 33 on Amazon in its lifetime.

How good have the discounts been on this set outside of the US? Sounds like pretty good?

I have a couple questions. 

Has anyone seen this set in a US Toys R Us like the other more recent Ideas sets? (Ecto, Birds, BBTheory) I have not.

Has anyone seen this set on discount before now? I have not. Camelx3 says it hasn't been lower than 33 on Amazon in its lifetime.

How good have the discounts been on this set outside of the US? Sounds like pretty good?

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the few discounts we've see in the US.