Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I can comment on US stock based on my relationships with Lego GM's on the West Coast...

Most stores are on week three of a seven-week run. Depending on store size, shipments are generally five minimum (one case), upwards of twenty plus for larger stores.

Nowhere have I seen them last more than the day they arrive. This may differ elsewhere. My advice:

Ask your Lego store which day their shipment arrives and be there that day thirty minutes early.

Gratefully, in So. Cal. We have seven stores in a sixty mile radius; doing this I have acquired 11 RI's. Should work elsewhere.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 1

No way to tell, my guess is it`s more likely the Exo Suit comes back in stock over the Research Institute, if it even does at all. Both are supposed to be very limited quantities and it appears that is going to stay the case. If it was going to come back in stock, I would think they already would have, especially for Christmas, but the truth is, like always, only Lego knows for sure. 

I think they will both come back. I have no proof. They vanished far too quickly, and I'm sure lego doesn't want to disappoint their customers.

The exosuit made a come back in european LEGO Shop at Home (it's available now) and "a lego employee told me" that the RI will come back in november.

In North America the exosuit is "OoS" which means it could come back soon. No clue about the RI but I would say there is some hope.

My stupid guess:

Europe: ES available now / RI back in november-december

North America: ES back in november / RI back in december.

Edited by biniou

I think they will both come back. I have no proof. They vanished far too quickly, and I'm sure lego doesn't want to disappoint their customers.

The exosuit made a come back in european LEGO Shop at Home (it's available now) and "a lego employee told me" that the RI will come back in november.

In North America the exosuit is "OoS" which means it could come back soon. No clue about the RI but I would say there is some hope.

My stupid guess:

Europe: ES available now / RI back in november-december

North America: ES back in november / RI back in december.

But was RI not meant to be a 'statement' rather then a set to make profit? They made the set, harvested the comments and I think for TLG mission accomplished.

RI has been available (in Canada) in Lego stores and TRU.ca/in store. These past 2 weeks stock has been coming in and out of TRU.ca and select stores.

Exo's are overflowing everywhere up here! i don't think I've seen them move from any of my local TRU's/Masterminds. TRU.ca used to have them available online, but i can't find the listing. Nonetheless here in the GTA they have tons in stock.

Currently I've been investing based on the idea that Exo is possibly coming back for a short period, and RI being much more scarce and less likely of a wide-scale comeback. So i allocate funds based on such, but as others have said: who knows what Lego will do.

Exo's seem to be easily found here in Ottawa TRUs as well, if they don't have them on the shelves you can place a rain check at the customer service desk & they will call you when they arrive (or are returned by someone).  I've never seen the RI in the wild & every time TRU's web site has them available for pickup you get a cancellation message a couple days later (it's frustrating).  unlike the Ghost busters set where there are stacks & stacks just not being sold (funny when they first appeared there were signs limit one per customer) seem very unpopular for an ideas set.

Thank you guys.

I just checked TRU, Lego and Walmart's website, and could not find ES or RI.

Then seems I need to make a run to a TRU store.

Live in Montreal, I really envy you guys that have GTA stores to visit.

If you want to find some EXO's... mastermindtoys.ca has them in stock:

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/LEGO-Ideas-Exo-Suit.aspx

If you buy 2 (or $60 worth) you'll get free shipping :)

• Like 2

Classy move Sand!

It is always interesting to me to hear what is highly available and what is scarce in other geographies. The Exo is making an appearance here, and selling well. Though not nearly as hard to acquire as an RI, no Exo inventories here are stagnating.

I am holding just five for long-term. Depending on your investment capital, there's different considerations. 5 of these will cost you about 175; that is a bit more than one Arkham Asylum; a bit less than a Town Hall or Tower of Orthanc. If all three sets netted the same % return, you are managing only one sale versus five sales and all the time/cost/work that comes with it.

• Like 1

I am holding just five for long-term. Depending on your investment capital, there's different considerations. 5 of these will cost you about 175; that is a bit more than one Arkham Asylum; a bit less than a Town Hall or Tower of Orthanc. If all three sets netted the same % return, you are managing only one sale versus five sales and all the time/cost/work that comes with it.

Good point about the time/cost/work, but I like have a variety of set sizes (or price points) when it comes time to sell. It also makes it easier to eat "shrinkage" (damages, losses, or the possible return) and smaller sets seem to be easier to liquidate in a crunch. Diversification works for me.

Exo is being carried by target on store.

All my targets have a handful of stock on shelf for 39.99. Been that way way for over a week and none have moved.

Must be the returns. I have yet to see in each and every stores. So far been to about 12-14 targets in 3 states in last 3 days!