Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

This set has potential to make 200-250% profit on in the long run if it is as limited as we hope. Screw the $20 flips.

Ok, this is a good post again, lets stop with everything else going on.  I really don't care what anyone makes.  Just find good deals and be happy.

• Like 2

This set has potential to make 200-250% profit on in the long run if it is as limited as we hope. Screw the $20 flips.

That I would agree with. The Mars Rover indicates that this set will fly. I think having the rover, this and the research institute bundled in one sale might net even more that just 200%. The best time to sell would be in Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

That I would agree with. The Mars Rover indicates that this set will fly. I think having the rover, this and the research institute bundled in one sale might net even more that just 200%. The best time to sell would be in Xmas.

That is an excellent idea actually.......

That is an excellent idea actually.......

great idea :D but i don't have any rovers to follow through.

i slept through the rover availability :D both times when it became available LEGO Shop at Home

ah well not going to chase the missed one...

but i got enough of this one though. already received few from target. thoroughly enjoying it. not sure about the short term flip. since i didn't buy any for that purpose. i just have 10(ten) going to at least hold them till x-mas.

• Like 1

Hmm, so would that change your position about people "rotating in and out of LEGO store" ? Assuming instead of $20 extra, the set net you $70 each ?

* just for the record, my position on exploiting buying limit loopholes was stated on a different thread ;)

I know bundling has probably worked for some people, but is seems a little counter intuitive to me.  I expect a discount if I buy a bundle not a higher price.  I suppose some people pay for convenience.

I agree with this.. Bundle should be a lower price

Sorry but is the exo suit a limited release product? I see everyone buying so many units, but not sure what the rush is?

Thanks

way back on page 1 of this thread The Orc King pointed out actual empirical evidence of limited nature of set via german lego catalog.

LIMITED was in red.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9521-21109-exo-suit/?p=293757

Sorry but is the exo suit a limited release product? I see everyone buying so many units, but not sure what the rush is?

Thanks

in my case it was available from target with no limit and finger was itching. so it was click-aty-click.

plus don't want to be in the boat as i am with regards to "mars rover." I wanted that set but procrastinated causing me to miss. not going to repeat. i will buy what i need for my personal usages and gifts early on. not going to wait for sale or whether it will be available later.

as i mentioned above, i did not buy any for short term flip and will hold at least till x-mas. if its widely or even available from LEGO Shop at Home till then. 6 of them are going to be x-mas gifts. it they hit 100$ then, only 2 are going to be gift. 4 are going to get sold.

of the other 4. two are for my personal use. 1 for my daughter and 1 for the baby on the way :P

I have never seen bundling of sets work in favor of the seller, but for some reason quite a few people here seem to think it's a good idea. The only way it can work is if you have something extremely limited included in the bundle. Otherwise, the majority of buyers will buy from three separate sellers at a lower total cost than buying the more expensive bundle from one seller. None of the mentioned sets are rare enough to command a bundle premium.

• Like 1

Thanks

The golden rule of BP I read the other day is buy now, ask later. :)

This is a limited set so if your lego store still has one, I highly advise you to get it.

You know, my damn Iphone double posts.  Jeff talked me into it.  It's Jeff's fault!

For Apple fans...it's a feature.  They usually possess a sense of superiority so they need the double posts to make sure they get their point across.

*I own multiple Apple products, this was a joke.  if you are offended you are precisely the type of person I am describing.

• Like 3

Looks Like I lucked out for getting 5 of these from Tru online for $24.99 at 3am as I just got the email saying they were shipped.

Dear Edward Mazerski,

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. We are happy to report that your order has been shipped.

Here is a review of your shipped order:

Item: 19054556
Description: LEGO CUUSOO Exo Suit 21109
Quantity: 5 @ $24.99

Subtotal: $124.95
-------------------------- -------------------------------
Shipping: $0.00
Estimated Tax $7.50
Order Total: $132.45

Your purchase has been sent to the following address: