Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I might have gotten banned over this. I bought two online early yesterday then two in store yesterday night. Shortly after the in store purchase was credited to my account the two from LEGO Shop at Home went to back order and I received a refund.

That's interesting.  I thought they do not charge you until the items are shipped.  Not sure how you were able to get into back order and then get a refund at the same time.

I might have gotten banned over this. I bought two online early yesterday then two in store yesterday night. Shortly after the in store purchase was credited to my account the two from LEGO Shop at Home went to back order and I received a refund.

With back ordered items they do not charge you until the item ships.

It depends on the situation.  Are you going to risk getting banned buying multiples of these highly exclusive sets?  How else will you obtain such a highly desirable set?  It seems to me that there have been some glitches with the Eco Suit release.  Target didn't really have any limits and TRU had a discounted price on a set that is not supposed to be discounted.  This in addition to not enough supply to meet demand.  

I am beginning to wonder if LEGO is really that inept at calculating demand or if there is some other situation brewing.   

True enough Ed, every situation is different I suppose. I'd just find it hard to bring myself to pay over the odds on a set that wasn't even 2 days old. I put an order in for the limit of 5 and will probably put another in tomorrow. If they say anything, I can just say I was worried the first order hadn't gone through, as I haven't received an email yet. I honestly can't see anyone in Europe getting banned by trying to put in 2 orders for 5 at a time.

I think I'd prefer to do that than pay

I noticed the ship date in my LEGO Shop at Home has gone from the 4th back to the 11th now. (or was it always the 11th?)

Is it not odd that the limit is still five (in Europe) and hasn't been reduced to one or two, if it's the lack of supply or high demand that's pushing the ship date back?

Is it not odd that the limit is still five (in Europe) and hasn't been reduced to one or two, if it's the lack of supply or high demand that's pushing the ship date back?

It would be interesting to see the production codes of this set. Maybe it is indeed a short run, and was produced in only one location. If this was Europe then I could understand that the limits there are a bit higher.

I noticed the ship date in my LEGO Shop at Home has gone from the 4th back to the 11th now. (or was it always the 11th?)

Lack of supply and high demand. I figure lego underestimated the demand highly. So a new production run will start, at least to adhere to all back orders.

• Like 1

It's really odd... they better ******* come with some info or feedback to buyers. This is bad and annoying customer treatment.

I still haven't received a confirmation email.  What is going on over at Lego.

don't worry about the confirmation email.

with any online order when placed record the order number and check your credit card. when you see the hold/temporary authorization its good that everything's good.

as long as you are within the limit and following LEGO Shop at Home guidelines you will get your item.

of course, cannot be said same for the item on sales. people may not get their order fulfilled :P

Orlando Lego shop at Disney Market sold out around 1230 and then sold out of the 21110 labs around 1530.  They were not sure of restocking timelines. 

Legoland had 16 remaining at closing time and they were limiting purchases to only 2 per customer.  They did not have any 21110 Labs.  Stop by several TRUs in the vicinity and none had either Creator Idea sets. 

Lack of supply and high demand. I figure lego underestimated the demand highly. So a new production run will start, at least to adhere to all back orders.

Lego has a bad track record with Lego Ideas sets and selling out super quick. It's literally happened with almost ever limited set they have produced in the last few years. 41999 Crawler, Minecraft, Delorean, Marina Sands, etc., etc. They are feeding the secondary market that they are trying to discourage.

Legoland California didn't receive any. I talked with their merchandise person. She said their ordering has been screwed up for the list couple weeks, so ago the sets that came out yesterday probably wouldn't be in for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

If this whole Exo Suit chapter has done something for me, it's that it's significantly reduced any faith I had remaining in LEGO customer service. In Store and over the phone. I usually buy only one or two sets each, and I buy as many for my own collection and kids in the family as I do duplicates if at all, but I wonder if they've just started treating every adult (especially those of us who fall in the 18-35 demo) as potential resellers.

No greetings. No smiles. No Thank Yous. Just gimme your $$$ and get outta here.

Wasn't always this way.

You have to bring a child to the store and they won't look at you funny....

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Orlando Lego shop at Disney Market sold out around 1230 and then sold out of the 21110 labs around 1530.  They were not sure of restocking timelines. 

Legoland had 16 remaining at closing time and they were limiting purchases to only 2 per customer.  They did not have any 21110 Labs.  Stop by several TRUs in the vicinity and none had either Creator Idea sets. 

Florida legoland did have two GEs left on the shelf.

If this whole Exo Suit chapter has done something for me, it's that it's significantly reduced any faith I had remaining in LEGO customer service. In Store and over the phone. I usually buy only one or two sets each, and I buy as many for my own collection and kids in the family as I do duplicates if at all, but I wonder if they've just started treating every adult (especially those of us who fall in the 18-35 demo) as potential resellers.

No greetings. No smiles. No Thank Yous. Just gimme your $$$ and get outta here.

Wasn't always this way.

I have 3 Lego stores near me and have called Lego hundreds of times and have literally never once had a bad experience. The only thing that this exo suit thing has taught me is how greedy people are. Butt hurt in 3......2.....1.......
  • Like 2

The only thing that this exo suit thing has taught me is how greedy people are. Butt hurt in 3......2.....1.......

Just now? 

Every month in these forums, you see this. Just in the past year you have 41999's, Mars Rovers, $9 VH's, $13/$15 Desert Skiffs, $25 Mandalorian Fighters, $60 Big Zoo's, abuse of 30% Kids Club BN coupons, etc, etc, etc

Just human nature.....

:sorry: