Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I believe one or two people on the forums reported ban hammers from Target for abuse of the Red Card i.e. ordering massive quantities that are clearly for resale. Not a huge worry for most as I think you have to be a pretty big fish for them to go after you.

wow first time Ive heard of this as Target really doesnt care on how much of anything you buy as long as you use their Red Card and pay for it in a timely matter ... its like saying they will ban me if i buy 100 cases of Ball Park Franks because I sell hotdogs at a hotdog stand on the weekends at local ball games ... just doesnt make sense on their part to ban people ... for big B&M stores like Target all they care about is your business!!

Alright, for all you guys that have ordered Exo Suits from LEGO Shop at Home and have not gotten a confirmation email yet, you might find this helpful.

I called LEGO and the lady on the other line said that there were many thousands of orders on the 1st and that confirmation emails might be late.  She also specifically checked on my order and made sure that everything was okay.  She also said that it would go through a process to see if I'm ordering too many with multiple emails and addresses to see if I was a reseller.  If everything went by, my order was supposed to be shipped ~ Aug. 11.

Hope this helps you guys.

• Like 1

I ordered a couple the first night when everyone else on here were drooling.  Other than the order confirmation page on LSH, I still don't see the order in my account, nor received an email confirmation.  However, under my VIP points section, I noticed a tracking number with delivery on Tuesday; doesn't make sense to me, but whatever works.

You got 40 at $24.99 and I am thinking about getting a few for $50? That is not fair. But why should it be...

There were at the normal Target 34.99 price and not the reduced TRU price.  FWIW, I haven't received confirmation on my second order for 50 that I made 10 minutes later.  Will call Target today to discuss. 

I think this will be a winner.

I'll be out today at several Target and TRU locations and will report back with my findings on the avail of this set at BM TRUs.

It says on the Target site that it's not available in store but we know that this is not always accurate. Happy hunting. 

Did an order of 2 pieces yesterday. Qualified for the free mini mini. The exo suits are still on backorder, but today I already received the mini mini, it is separately shipped lol. Seems to me like something: Hej, thank you for your order but we already know you won't get your exo suits, so here's the free mini mini anyway in order to keep you a bit satisfied. :-p

In Europe this policy is not in effect as far as I know. Another point why resellers have a harder life in the US:

- lower limits for buying from LEGO Shop at Home (higher in Europe)

- high danger of the ban hammer coming down (not at all in Europe)

- not discount on exclusives (in Europe there are discounts on exclusives not only at retailers but also on LEGO Shop at Home itself - see the SSD discount in May 2014)

How do you know all this? Rules on Ban hammer are not out in the public, and that applies for US and EU customers. The only thing you know is that if you go way over the line - unknown as to where this line is drawn - you'll get the ban.

Discounts on exclusives? Since the rule was enforced, not even Amazon has had discounts on exclusives. And I personally do not remember a discount on LEGO Shop at Home Spain during May on the SSD.

And please, with the unspeakable discounts you get during clearances and the size of the secondary market in the US, how dare you say that resellers have a harder life in the US when compared to Europe? Just play your cards right and get on with it.

• Like 3

How do you know all this? Rules on Ban hammer are not out in the public, and that applies for US and EU customers. The only thing you know is that if you go way over the line - unknown as to where this line is drawn - you'll get the ban.

Discounts on exclusives? Since the rule was enforced, not even Amazon has had discounts on exclusives. And I personally do not remember a discount on S@H Spain during May on the SSD.

And please, with the unspeakable discounts you get during clearances and the size of the secondary market in the US, how dare you say that resellers have a harder life in the US when compared to Europe? Just play your cards right and get on with it.

LEGO is making it more difficult in the US to be a reseller, but I still think it is much easier in the US to be a reseller...if that makes any sense.  Do we know of any non-US members that were banned from LEGO S@H?  

LEGO is making it more difficult in the US to be a reseller, but I still think it is much easier in the US to be a reseller...if that makes any sense.

Completly agree, market size is huge and buyers are willing to spend. Over here it is hard, buyers confuse speculation with appreciation and are really mindful about their spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

with the unspeakable discounts you get during clearances and the size of the secondary market in the US, how dare you say that resellers have a harder life in the US when compared to Europe?

100% agree with that part.

When we can have 30 or 40% off on sets, there's a big rush here.

50% is totally madness, people go crazy and they massive buy.

No offense my US friends, but when I read here and there on that forum "I got that licenced set, MSRP $50: I got it for $15", my investor side makes me feel nearly uncomfortable and I'm tempted to drop everything (luckily fees and shipping kill the deals so we EU investors "stay in the race").

didn't get the chance yet to read through the many pages...but check your local Lego discovery Centre if you have one... there were approx +30 sets sitting on the shelf at mine. I just picked up 6 for now. with 10% off using membership it's not bad. just like rovers maybe I will regret not buying the whole stash while I can lol.

for Canadians saw the Institute set at TRU store... looks like 'mass' produced to me... I wouldn't stock up on it.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I know there are a few of us in the Maryland area, just to let those know Arundel Mills is sold out and not "not knowing when or if they'll get more". the second part is taken with a grain of salt