Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

I can't decide if I want this thing to be limited production, or like the Delorean to spite you people with big orders.  :whistle:

I didn't want to chance the Rover scenario when given the option to order a large lot from Target.  I have no problem walking back into Target and dropping off a bunch if these turn out to be a large single run and vast availability.  Ties up some funding in the short run but could pay off big.

I didn't want to chance the Rover scenario when given the option to order a large lot from Target.  I have no problem walking back into Target and dropping off a bunch if these turn out to be a large single run and vast availability.  Ties up some funding in the short run but could pay off big.

Yeah, I am just jealous. Still weird Target had it so quickly, unless it is NOT limited. I guess we'll see.

I can't decide if I want this thing to be limited production, or like the Delorean to spite you people with big orders. :whistle:

Yeah, gotta love hearing about a few people buying up 20-40+ of the thing and then go on about how they can just return them all if more become available. Honestly for the first completely original design to come out of the CUUSOO/Ideas program, Lego would be really stupid to not make more of the set. Then again we all saw the popularity of the Rover and know how that scenario played out very quickly.

Although still sold out, Target price has gone down to $39.99 FWIW.

I just noticed that earlier as I have the page 'favorited' for quick access should it come back. Hopefully that little discrepancy means it just may.

When? This policy just recently went into effect.

In Europe this policy is not in effect as far as I know. Another point why resellers have a harder life in the US:

- lower limits for buying from LEGO Shop at Home (higher in Europe)

- high danger of the ban hammer coming down (not at all in Europe)

- not discount on exclusives (in Europe there are discounts on exclusives not only at retailers but also on LEGO Shop at Home itself - see the SSD discount in May 2014)

Yeah, gotta love hearing about a few people buying up 20-40+ of the thing and then go on about how they can just return them all if more become available. Honestly for the first completely original design to come out of the CUUSOO/Ideas program, Lego would be really stupid to not make more of the set. Then again we all saw the popularity of the Rover and know how that scenario played out very quickly.

I just noticed that earlier as I have the page 'favorited' for quick access should it come back. Hopefully that little discrepancy means it just may.

Seems like licensed cuusoo sets get multiple production runs, while non-licensed get one limited run.  Perhaps they need huge production runs to make a profit with the license fees.  There is something to be said about having some of your products be limited to increase interest in the brand, even though it seems to be counterproductive to the company's anti-reseller policy.

• Like 1

Seems like licensed cuusoo sets get multiple production runs, while non-licensed get one limited run. Perhaps they need huge production runs to make a profit with the license fees. There is something to be said about having some of your products be limited to increase interest in the brand, even though it seems to be counterproductive to the company's anti-reseller policy.

Or maybe it is Lego's subtle way of throwing the investors a bone, as I am sure we are at the very least a descent chunk of revenue for them. For all their anti-reselling shenanigans I think LEGO is extremely smart at managing and balancing the brick ecosystem. A symbiotic relationship between the primary and secondary markets if you will...