Ideas #007: 21109 - Exo-Suit

Noodlenut

How many Exo sets do you currently own?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How many Exo sets do you currently own?

• 1-5
    • 6-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

It's my understanding that per the agreement between Lego and all retailers, no one can discount a Lego exclusive, I could be mistaken though.

What is hard is to know what is a "lego exclusive".

If it's really exclusive, there can not be retailers so the problem is solved by itself.

If it's a set only to be found on LEGO Shop at Home and one other retailer (toys'r us for instance), yes these sets can be discounted (I saw the hobbit barrel escape with 50% off on toys'r us website -it's Shop@**** + TRU exclusive in my country- ).

What is hard is to know what is a "lego exclusive".

If it's really exclusive, there can not be retailers so the problem is solved by itself.

If it's a set only to be found on LEGO Shop at Home and one other retailer (toys'r us for instance), yes these sets can be discounted (I saw the hobbit barrel escape with 50% off on toys'r us website -it's Shop@H + TRU exclusive in my country- ).

When? This policy just recently went into effect.

i have 4 in hand, 15 on the way from target and another 4 on the way from shop at home.

because i bought the target ones with a red card, i have 120 days to return them.

that gets me to black friday in the off chance that these become widely available or cheaper.

here's hoping to some x-mas flipping.

tried scanning with walmart mobile app barcode scanner but didn't have an entry.

Target didn't have a limit on them? Target is all out online.

As Steven stated, the Exo Suit and Research Institute are both exclusives and should not be able to get discounted. TRU's discount was probably a fluke, so consider yourself lucky if you paid the discounted rate. I guess it is possible that TRU has worked a deal with LEGO, but I doubt the deal was $10 off of $35 on launch day. Really doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Did this just recently change? Wasn't the Delorean "exclusive"?

LEGO released a memo to all retailers informing them of non- discounting of exclusives. I have to check and see if the Delorean was on there. I am not on my computer.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Just got back from my lego shop in NY. There are still some on the shelf , and I'm sure more in the back. Was able to get 2 exo and 2 research sets plus the poly for 97.00 because I used a 20 of 100 coupon.

My grand total is 14 exo and 4 research sets. I don't think I'll get anymore.

I didn't buy any.....mistake? Won't these be out for 2 years with plenty of time to buy?

i would say that is a mistake my friend ...

this set is one of the exceptions ... roll the dice ... buy a few now ... go to a lego store if you want more than one ... be creative in getting more

if it turns out like the Delorean set then oh well, you have a few to hold onto for the long run

if it turns out to be like the Rover or Minecraft set 1, then you have a few to flip very easily very soon!

for anyone always thinking about "tying up funds", this is an investment game like 401K, ROTH IRA, etc ... you throw money in it and leave it for the long haul ... buy lego and stash it for the long haul ... its not meant to be toyed with short term ...

for all you short term flippers, well, thats a different story ... haha

Just got back from my lego shop in NY. There are still some on the shelf , and I'm sure more in the back. Was able to get 2 exo and 2 research sets plus the poly for 97.00 because I used a 20 of 100 coupon.

My grand total is 14 exo and 4 research sets. I don't think I'll get anymore.

Where did you get a 20/100 coupon?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I didn't buy any.....mistake? Won't these be out for 2 years with plenty of time to buy?

If I recall you are very new to the game. If so and I was you I would stick to my plan on what sets to get. I would find out all I could on this set (availability, production level, discount's or not bla bla bla) and just watch what happens.  This will help in the future when other set, with similar sircumstances, come out. Don't feel bad if you miss the bus there is always more. If not opps

(about Hobbit 79004 barrel escape)

I saw it on June 27th or 28th (TrU online sales, 50% off I hesitated to get some but already had 2 days before with 30% off on LEGO Shop at Home), not sure about earlier or later.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

How is one to find out the production level?

like the 41999 listen to all rumors and then wiat till after it's all over to gauge.  If it doesn't last long or is around in 6 months will let you know round about

edit at least thats what ive been doing