My order status

And not Walmart! Look at this behemoth that arrived today:

And inside we have two SSDs, with a third one suffocating underneath and a distinct lack of any padding whatsoever:

Top two made it out ok surprisingly...bottom one not so much:

Because shipping 50lbs of Lego in an oversized box with zero packaging material is a brilliant idea. Does Walmart do partial refunds for shipping damage? The busted open one is going back regardless but it'd be nice to get some money back on the other two.

Edit: quick opinion question-

'>

These two boxes have these large scuff marks along the top, and some minor creasing. Worth returning? I'm thinking no

I would keep the other 2, return the busted one . I have learned my lesson with Walmart, I only order by lego case number now ( 2 GE, 2 HH, 1ds , ect....)

I did receive one ssd recently that came with a shipping label slapped on it . Arrived on memorial weekend when we were out oftown. The thing was left outside in the open for 3 days. Never again .

• Like 1

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would keep the other 2, return the busted one . I have learned my lesson with Walmart, I only order by lego case number now ( 2 GE, 2 HH, 1ds , ect....)

I did receive one ssd recently that came with a shipping label slapped on it . Arrived on memorial weekend when we were out oftown. The thing was left outside in the open for 3 days. Never again .

The thing is, this was an order of 4, as I was hoping to get them in the cases. Apparently they only had 3 in one warehouse and 1 in another, the last one is still on the way here. Hopefully that one doesn't come with a label slapped on.

That's just sad...you wonder what management would do if they knew how much $$ was wasted this way...

in fact, they dont know about that...

for my WM SSD order, I sent a message in right after placing my order, just to inform them please don't just slam a sticker on my SSD... I was told they had no control over that but I could always return as I wish... of course, it came with a sticker on the front.

in fact, they dont know about that...

for my WM SSD order, I sent a message in right after placing my order, just to inform them please don't just slam a sticker on my SSD... I was told they had no control over that but I could always return as I wish... of course, it came with a sticker on the front.

Just awful - and walmart has one of the most advanced logistics systems in the world....

Weird, even the items that were only a day late, I'd get updates. Are you a Prime member?

Sadly, no. I used to be, but once I got my Target Redcard I have used Amazon less and less (I live in California, so Amazon doesn't afford me the no-sales-tax status that some others get).

I suppose it can be chalked up to the fact that I am a bottom-of-the-barrel customer (non-Prime), so shipping is going to be very slow. It still seems odd since my expected delivery date is between today and Friday.

I will continue to wait and see if anything changes.

And not Walmart! Look at this behemoth that arrived today:

And inside we have two SSDs, with a third one suffocating underneath and a distinct lack of any padding whatsoever:

Top two made it out ok surprisingly...bottom one not so much:

Because shipping 50lbs of Lego in an oversized box with zero packaging material is a brilliant idea. Does Walmart do partial refunds for shipping damage? The busted open one is going back regardless but it'd be nice to get some money back on the other two.

Edit: quick opinion question-

'>

These two boxes have these large scuff marks along the top, and some minor creasing. Worth returning? I'm thinking no

I'm just picturing the scene from Night At the Roxbury where Doug loads the truck by throwing the flowers in....this is how they package a box?  DISGUSTING!!! Will continue avoiding Wal-Mart and Kmart both on bigger set purchases.
  • Like 2

got my share of 2 KC from Amazon today. Packaging box is fairly weak, thin and not supportive. From the look of it sitting by my door, I knew the LEGO boxes probably wouldn't be pretty. I was right. Both boxes sort of crashed, big dents, long creases/folds here and there, back, front, and sides...

I'm pretty much doing ship to store on all of my walmart Lego purchases. I'm not sure if it propagates through their distribution network instead of going through a third-party shipper. But all of my packages have arrived at the store in great condition. Even those not in the original Lego cases.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much doing ship to store on all of my walmart Lego purchases. I'm not sure if it propagates through their distribution network instead of going through a third-party shipper. But all of my packages have arrived at the store in great condition. Even those not in the original Lego cases.

I do the exact same thing & have never had a problem with walmart because of it.

I ordered a GE site to store through Walmart and it arrived with several labels on it and badly damaged, though not as bad as the ones that came through Fedex to my house.

You have to buy 2 so they will ship in their original lego case. At least that's what works for me!

Hmm I may have to try site to store in that case. I thought it was shipped the same way as ship to home so I didn't wanna have to go to the store just to get a set in the same beat up condition.

Its worth a shot, just make sure you order the exact amount that would come in a case! :thumbsup:

Well with recent developments I now might be keeping that SSD haha.

In other news I ordered a HH from Walmart on 5/23 and it still hasn't shipped. Thinking I should just cancel as it'll prolly come trashed up

I bought 3 HHs from Walmart, when they were running the GC deal a couple months ago.  Two of them came fine, the third was beat up.  All 3 came in a box.  (I only ordered one at a time).

I ordered the 3rd one because the 2nd one that arrived was the one that was beat up.  I returned that one after the 3rd one came just fine.

Got my MFs from Amazon bogo. Each shipped in separate box. No protection whatsoever in boxes that just about the size of product box. Miraculously, one is near mint. The other with minor crease and compression in the corner. 

Two king castles came in single box, but with slightly more protection, both look fine

Received my 4 MEA's and 2 MF's from Amazon yesterday.  All come in 1 box.  It was as an exact fit as you can get, there was very little room for anything to move around.  One of the MF's has a small crease, but other than that they're in good condition.

My 2 castles and 2 dragon mountains arrive today, we'll see how they fared on their journey once I get home.