My order status

Left negative feedback for TRU on eBay regarding Mars Rover being sent in bubbly envelope, making the product box all banged up. They sent me email back apologizing, offering to send me the return label(though I'd rather keep it), and offered 10% off on my next order.

Saying this just in case you experienced the same and want to get some compensation for your suffering.

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left negative feedback for TRU on eBay regarding Mars Rover being sent in bubbly envelope, making the product box all banged up. They sent me email back apologizing, offering to send me the return label(though I'd rather keep it), and offered 10% off on my next order.

Saying this just in case you experienced the same and want to get some compensation for your suffering.

I was able to use that 10% on an SSD once. :thumbsup:

On May 15, I jumped on SSD that briefly showed up on Amazon (not 3rd party). It is still in "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date" limbo.

Had the same thing on my GE till last night when I got the update; 37 days after order was placed.

In a shocking twist , my 2 ssd from Walmart from yesterday arrived today in a Lego box.

Is there any value in keeping the original box sealed or should I open it to make sure the sets inside are in a good condition ?

I would keep it sealed unless you fear there are drapes in the box ;) look at the completed listings for 10179, I know a completely different beast, but this seems to be a big selling point. Not sure what the numbers show.

I will trade you my two NMISB for your case and throw in 2 rapunzel polys, darn shipping ;)

• Like 1

In a shocking twist , my 2 ssd from Walmart from yesterday arrived today in a Lego box.

Is there any value in keeping the original box sealed or should I open it to make sure the sets inside are in a good condition ?

I receive mine in the Lego box as well and I'm wondering the same thing. I'm leaning towards opening it as there are some dings and I'm not sure if the sets inside were affected. I'm just guessing here but wouldn't any extra value depend on the case being in good clean shape, like if it had been shipped inside another box? Unlike mine which is dirty and bruised from being shipped directly. Also this would limit buyers to those wanting two SSDs unlike single set cases like the 10179.

Open them up. My last three imperial hotels came from 2&c in the original sealed Lego box. One had some smashed in corners and the other two had miracle creases across the front of the box between the sets. My only guess on the creases was that contents jostled enough to push out the adjacent box and crease its neighbor. I don't expect they came like that from Lego.

Anyone know what the customer service status means at shop lego? 

Customer service means it's been assigned to someone in CS to verify the order, pull it and prep it for shipping.  In some cases that also involves verifying your credit card or something along those lines.  I believe technically all orders go to CS, just in some cases it's that way for a whole 5 minutes while they pull and pack your set and slap a label on it -- other times I think it gets assigned to someone who then discovers that your set isn't readily available because it's sitting wrapped up on a pallet in the back of the warehouse, or is on a semi-truck on it's way to the warehouse and isn't actually there yet.  So sometimes it'll be on CS for a couple of days.

The longest I had for my orders to be in CS was during the May 4th offer. My order stayed in CS for one whole week before it showed IN PROCESS and then SHIPPED a few days after that.

They really are behind. I don't even get the confirmation emails anymore whenever I order from LEGO.