My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toys R Us, being Toys R Us. My GBHQ order was canceled this evening.  I used 5 gift cards on that order, so it will be fun testing them over the next week or so to see if the balances are restored. 

Went ahead with a S@H order, so we'll see if I have some dents from the promo in my future.  The yahoos will probably throw the promo in the box first and for some reason they always package stuff front-side down???

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Went ahead with a S@H order, so we'll see if I have some dents from the promo in my future.  The yahoos will probably throw the promo in the box first and for some reason they always package stuff front-side down???

My theory is they tape the top of the shipping boxes first and then lay those boxes with the top facing down.  Then they put the big set (back side facing top of the packaging box), then the promo, then the package slip / receipt.  They close and tape the bottom of the packaging box (with the slip in flaps) last.

My theory is they tape the top of the shipping boxes first and then lay those boxes with the top facing down.  Then they put the big set (back side facing top of the packaging box), then the promo, then the package slip / receipt.  They close and tape the bottom of the packaging box (with the slip in flaps) last.

Quite possible! Illogical, but possible.

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Ordered a 1966 Batcave from Toysrus.com.  The order has been upgraded to "Item located in stock".  Finally!  I was a little concerned, since I used rewards and my previous GBHQ order was cancelled.

My GBHQ shipped out from LEGO Shop at Home yesterday.

Surprised that TRU has the 1966 and GBHQ so soon....does this seem fast to anyone else?

TRU had the Ninjago Temple soon after release (I want to say TRU had it in October right after the Sept release (VIP Aug release)), and it sold out quickly...and have not had it back until this past week. So, it seems they are getting sets earlier (GBHQ & TV Batman Batcave included), but maybe not much stock. Both sets (GBHQ & TV Batman Batcave) sold out quickly and may not seem them again for a while, much like the Temple. Just something to keep an eye on.

21 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Surprised that TRU has the 1966 and GBHQ so soon....does this seem fast to anyone else?

If it was other retailer like walmart or target I would be surprised but it doesn't faze me one bit coming from TRU. Over the years they have consistently been the first ones in and the last ones out. More often than not there is a mark up, though.

35 minutes ago, MathBuilder said:

If it was other retailer like walmart or target I would be surprised but it doesn't faze me one bit coming from TRU. Over the years they have consistently been the first ones in and the last ones out. More often than not there is a mark up, though.

now they have banned resellers and pretty much operating like LEGO Shop at Home what else to expect ;) 

Got my KwikE from B&N. Packed well. But the LEGO box had some weird discoloration on it. Seems like it was printed that way as the surface was glossy and undamaged otherwise. Anyone every seen that? Maybe they ran out of ink when printing that particular box?

UPS knocks on the door, which is unusual BTW and never, ever happens if the box is destroyed but this one was not. He states that signature is required. No problem but I look at the box and it's an Amazon box. I think to myself, the only thing outstanding from Amazon (off the top of my head) is the Dimensions Ghostbusters new release. Surely, that big box isn't holding a couple Dimensions packs. I'm expecting those to arrive in a severely damaged envelope not a pristine big box. So, I say to the UPS driver are you sure that's for here as I'm signing for the package and he says "yeah." I say ok, pick up the box and check out the label. Sure enough, right address. I bring the package inside, set it down and go back to what I was doing before the knock on the door. I go through the outstanding orders in my head and about 5 minutes later I realize, oh yeah, I placed an order on eBay from hair...

• Like 1